Author Topic: Naval Guns causing Direct3D sound issue and crashing game  (Read 1810 times)

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
Re: Naval Guns causing Direct3D sound issue and crashing game
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2018, 11:32:13 AM »
My crashes happen when I am pulling the trigger and the sound of the guns occur. 

one-eye
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 11:37:04 AM by 1ijac »
"One-Eye"

Offline Rebel28

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2018, 03:29:24 PM »
Dumped while zooming in on target in 8in guns. Other guns on ship were firing at the same time.
4th Fighter Group
~ The Gunslingers ~

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2018, 06:53:40 PM »
I don't know how the game programs the sound through FMOD (working on learning that aspect of it), but I think the number of voices may have something to do with it. If the explosions have polyphony added, it may be triggering the creation of a number of voices that exceeds the maximum supported for the audio device. I think Sound Blaster tips the scale at 128 simultaneous voices. Like I said, still learning but that seems like a possibility.

Thinking more about it, seems like it happens to me when the sounds of the guns are going off.

one-eye
"One-Eye"

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2018, 11:32:32 AM »
It happened to me again after a couple of shots in the 8" gun on the rear of the cruiser.  An enemy CV was within 3k of ours and I was not in Sea mode.  I was dumped just after I pulled the trigger (on mouse) when the sounds occurred of the 8" guns firing.  Other 8" guns were firing also.  I hope this gives you some insight.  Map was buzzaw, but again, it happens on other maps also.  Is it possible that some of our sound cards can't handle the gun sounds at times?  I have attached a Dxdiag. 

Thanks,  One-eye
"One-Eye"

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2018, 01:20:47 PM »
I doubt if it is a sound card issue. Other wise it would probably crash at other times also. The descriptions you guys is help full. Just try to continue to be precises.

Right now I am trying to figure out if it is your guns firing or other guns firing. And which gun is causing the issue,or if all of them are.

HiTech

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2018, 12:53:46 AM »
Well, I'll try to get a squaddie to help me and we'll try firing at the same time.  I did have a squad member on yesterday and the same task group firing at the enemy cv and he told me today he got booted.  I didn't know, because I never went back into the game.  Probably would be best to try at the same time over and over.  I'll let ya know.

One-eye
"One-Eye"

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2018, 08:17:58 AM »
CTD with Patch 11.

KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2018, 02:09:58 AM »
I tried the 8" guns on task groups on craterMA today on never got booted.  Others were shooting 8" rounds also from the task group also.  Will keep trying.

One-eye
"One-Eye"

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2018, 11:20:18 PM »
Hitech,  So far no crashes in the 8" guns.  I'll keep trying them.

Cheers,  One-eye
"One-Eye"