Author Topic: GV's In VR  (Read 3299 times)

Offline Tonyrese1

• Zinc Member
GV's In VR
« on: March 15, 2018, 08:55:58 PM »
Have a problem where everything is moving with goggles in gv .. Help please need setting for GV ING it suck with VR.. Also when in ship guns .. almost make ya throw up .. how do i get rid of the crosshairs.. Not enjoying aces high too much anymore.. Need setting help.. I am computer stupid please it dimple if you can ... :lol

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: GV's In VR
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 02:45:27 AM »
Yes,GVing with VR is pretty sucky. To be honest, I am not sure there is a fix for this? Well besides VR being improved down the road. I slowly got use to it but for a long time I just didnt GV. Think its just the nature of the current beast :furious
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2018, 06:29:10 AM »
Not sure why but GVing in VR is not a problem at all for me.  Matter of fact Whirbel and VR is a deadly combination.  Now that being said.  The 17 pound'er field gun calls for the chunky discharge. 

I assume your problem is in the gun sight of a tank.  Try holding your head still while in the gunsight.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2018, 12:06:48 PM »
Right, wirb is still fine. You got it Randy!SOME TIMES...TOO GOOD  :furious :aok The wirb however DOES NOT have a sighting system like Tanks and 17lbers. You can fire tank guns from Commander position(#2)view? Maybe #3 in Tanks... but I havent put in the time to feel that out,obviously  :D Even the bomb sight can seem off putting,till you get used to it. I believe its a 1 eye tube we are putting 2 eyes through,thing. :O We do however have a VR SWAP MODE that can be used for GVs. It puts game back onto 2D monitor upon removal of headset.When done or frustrated...put headset on and shoot something down! :devil
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 12:16:11 PM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Tonyrese1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2018, 06:39:28 PM »
when i am in the tower everything is close and cant see clipboard .. it was never like that til now ... and the tank itself never moved when looking around thing its setting. what settings are the best for vr oculus

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2018, 06:05:21 AM »
Might try renaming the "settings" folder and see if everything goes back to normal.  That is a brute force way to get the game back to acting like a fresh install.

Then you can copy the configuration files (a few at a time) from the original "settings" folder to the new folder.

The configuration files are named pretty logically and the extension of the file name is also a clue.

The "planes" folder contains the "pwl" (Plane World Loadout), and "hps" (Head PoSition) files.  These files use the games plane name for the name of each file.

The "settings" folder contains:

cfg: configuration files
kmp: Keyboard Mapping files.  One for each section of the keyboard mapping (chute, global, gunner, plane, vehicle, and view).
jsm: Joystick Mapping files.

There are others.

There are also configuration files for VR/MR headsets.  These configuration files all mirror the regular configuration files and start with the letters "VR" attached to them.

Hope that helps.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2018, 06:35:43 AM »
when i am in the tower everything is close and cant see clipboard .. it was never like that til now ... and the tank itself never moved when looking around thing its setting. what settings are the best for vr oculus

Look up and around.  The clipboard may be there but not in normal position.

Offline hyzer

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2018, 12:36:22 PM »
When I lose a window, it's usually a tiny black dot straight up.   :bhead
We have clearance, Clarence. Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2018, 06:55:10 AM »
HTC has worked with VR users.  The interface is really good now.

Offline gpcustom

• Zinc Member
      • GPcustoms
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2018, 08:54:32 AM »
Well I read the warning that this topic has been quite for 30 days but I have been away for a while. What I noticed is that I did not see a fix to the gun sight view in VR. No I am not a computer savvy guy so naming files etc.. is out of my league. I have however been playing this game for 10 plus years of loyal subscriptions so I ask most humbly is this an issue that is going to be resolved soon?
I simply cannot play the game with an unusable reticle  :bhead
Some feedback would be much appreciated if there is a real fix that does not require a PHD for an old fart to apply.
Best regards
Mark
"There is one unalterable difference between a soldier and a civilian: the civilian never does more than he is paid to do."

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2018, 10:03:46 AM »
Well I read the warning that this topic has been quite for 30 days but I have been away for a while. What I noticed is that I did not see a fix to the gun sight view in VR. No I am not a computer savvy guy so naming files etc.. is out of my league. I have however been playing this game for 10 plus years of loyal subscriptions so I ask most humbly is this an issue that is going to be resolved soon?
Some feedback would be much appreciated if there is a real fix that does not require a PHD for an old fart to apply.
Best regards
Mark

Please describe the "Gun sight issue"?

HiTech

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2018, 11:57:31 AM »
...What I noticed is that I did not see a fix to the gun sight view in VR.

Are you saying you can't center the reticle? or can't see it, or...
To center it, you probably already have a hatswitch view (forward) that will do that unless you've remapped them.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2018, 04:55:37 PM »
I am not sure what he means but I know I don’t get in ship guns due to the white reticle that swings around with your head. If we could delete that I could use the ship guns. It is very neasuating to watch it swing around and I have adhd so sitting like a manquin is out of the question.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2018, 01:06:12 AM »
I am not sure what he means but I know I don’t get in ship guns due to the white reticle that swings around with your head. If we could delete that I could use the ship guns. It is very neasuating to watch it swing around and I have adhd so sitting like a manquin is out of the question.
White reticle? Are you talking about the circle that appears with rapid movement of the guns? I havent experienced this..I dont think. I have however had every thing a bit messed up, WHEN using the mouse to move guns. Just not clear about what you are talking about

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2018, 08:38:24 AM »
Yeah the white cross that moves with the gun. Like in the 8 16 inch guns. Not the steady yellow one