Author Topic: Mode 1 & 2 Not Switching  (Read 747 times)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
Mode 1 & 2 Not Switching
« on: March 20, 2018, 09:19:30 PM »
My computer crashed.  Installed a brand new CPU and upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7.  Fresh installed game.  Set my stick defs.  Not auto switching between mode 1 & 2 when I jump from Plane to Gv.  Ideas?  Box is checked to Auto switch.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
Re: Mode 1 & 2 Not Switching
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 10:39:18 PM »
Try mapping a key to switch them.
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Mode 1 & 2 Not Switching
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 04:40:05 PM »
This used to be a periodic problem in AH2 with the x52. Back then I deleted all the jsm files and started over as one fix.

At least once I did the copy of Mode1 to Mode2 option and forgot to setup Mode2. It looked like I was not getting the auto switch. There is a Hide Msg check box, if that is checked, you cannot verify from the text bar with a system message that Mode2 was auto selected when you spawn out in a vehicle. You need that message to verify Mode2 is even happening automatically for GVs. Another thing to check is open the jsm file in notepad and see if the key presses you are using for GV's are being saved into the line2 for each button. Many players forget to hit the OK button after they setup a Mode in the controller application window. I've done that one at least once in all these years.

All of this has to be eliminated before a bug problem can be pointed to. And then running a new complete re-install never hurt. That was another way in AH2 some players fixed this issue. I did once.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.