Author Topic: Counter Slip  (Read 585 times)

Offline BTPage

• Copper Member
Counter Slip
« on: March 26, 2018, 06:05:20 PM »
*** Ear Muff are Required ***

Flying super heavy P-51D (fuel) vs 2 yaks Low chasing one of our countryman. I take a good shot at a Yak-3 but I under estimate my closure speed and end up flying right in-front of his cross hair. What do you think happens next?  :salute

Link to YouTube video: https://youtu.be/ugvY9FGAaiM

:airplane:

ULTactus 

Offline serun

• Copper Member
Re: Counter Slip
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 07:57:12 PM »
Don't know how on earth you flipped around on him like that but it was awesome to watch it ! If you keep posting films and I keep watching maybe I will eventually learn something!   :D

Offline BTPage

• Copper Member
Re: Counter Slip
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 12:34:35 PM »
Don't know how on earth you flipped around on him like that but it was awesome to watch it ! If you keep posting films and I keep watching maybe I will eventually learn something!   :D

Serun thank you for watching. I am glad you enjoy the content I put out. I do not post all the YouTube video's I make in this forum. If you have not done so already please subscribe to my channel.  :aok

On flipping the P-51D around like I did. It is going to require for you to use all three axis of control. Elevators, Ailerons, and most important under used Rudder to make it happen. The other key factor is getting the Pony slow. Flaps, Flaps, Flaps with more Flaps will get your to rudder skid her around. The other thing you will need is timing and that takes a bunch of time to get right. I had never done the skid that heavy on fuel before so this was the first time I pulled it off with 80%+ fuel in my Aux tank. I almost lost it at the end when my left wing dip on me I fought to keep her from spinning out. <S>

ULTactus