Author Topic: Mediterranean Tile Set Testing and Topo Testing. III  (Read 3532 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: Mediterranean Tile Set Testing and Topo Testing. III
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2018, 10:37:42 AM »
I'm really looking forward to this one.  :cheers:

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2018, 07:07:20 PM »
This is a good start. Hitech likes feilds that don't have GV spawns to them so I'll also place the map room next to the tower at those feilds. It's going to be easier to fill those feeder rivers with 1ft ground, then run a cosmetic river path up them. Makes spanning with the bridge objects cleaner. I've decided how ever the ground is under a random spawn 1\2 mile diameter area, in many cases on an elevated slope. I'll leave the slope alone and only adjust the trees for easier transit. I may increase the micro texturing for cat and mouse maneuvering on those slopes. The white circles are too scale for a 3mile diameter of 1mile = 8 pixel. It's going to be naughty, all three of those chained vBases have 3 spawns to each one and then that master vBase near the strat complex touches them all. That and one of those near by air feilds should make an interesting Ft. Apache. The strat complex for each country is on a 3,000ft plateau as are the two un-capturable super large airfields. I think I made that runoff cut drive able but, that would take some time to get up there. But, all those trains and strat. That would be real old school..... :O

There is enough nonsense on here to keep aircraft and GV fans busy at the same time. Now to duplicate it across Country-2 and 3 and start laying in infrastructure.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2018, 12:45:55 PM »
Never start mapping spawn paths at the end of the day. Opened the previous mapping today and it just didn't work for me. This one does, now I can replicate it to the other countries.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2018, 06:34:06 PM »
It can't run away so it should be an attractive bombing target..... :rofl

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2018, 07:08:54 AM »

Like it.  :D :aok :cheers:

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2018, 06:33:16 PM »
One day of work. After spending the day looking at the spawn paths in the master file referencing for laying in the fields, I can see some flow problems and I cut off needing to use bridges over streams. Meh, it's all about staring at it over and over and over. My other terrains took multiple iterations of the spawn mapping process. Just part of the beast. Now that all the fields are in and I can see everything, I already see at least two completely new spawn path scenario. A few more lay out layers in the blue print file...weeeee........

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2018, 04:30:13 PM »
This gets the vBases back to being support bases and the Gvers following the capture initiatives to help from the ground. I've done this with my last two terrains and it has helped keep more players together generating activity to attract groups to oppose them.

White ring is an airfield with a town. Red ring is an airfield with the map room on the field. Blue ring is a vBase or Port. Black ring is an airfield with no GV spawns too or from them becasue Hitech likes a few on terrains. Rings are 6mile diameter. I'll be able to tun the convoy roads down the river valleys for the most part.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2018, 05:15:09 PM »
Much better.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2018, 10:47:16 PM »
Everything except for the supply paths and spawns are in.

These 5 screen captures are my first field that I'm creating the micro hill grid around a town for GV combat. The orchard tiles make an excellent 2D grid map for cutting grass filled low spots between tree topped hill tops.

Panther somewhere at the spawn and one looking out toward the spawn.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2018, 01:14:34 PM »
You gotta love Hitech's rivers. And if you put them in a river low area set to 1ft and the airfeilds 20-25ft higher. You can use a brush set to 1ft and create micro hill texturing leading up from the river and out to the GV spawns from the river.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2018, 12:41:20 PM »
Sometimes this thing gets a life of it's own and evolves while I'm not paying attention. One more country to go on the right side of the map.

The top of those shelves on each side of the river that the river has cut down through is 660ft. I created a canyon system and eroded the land down in steps. Yes the terrain editor has a handy little tool that does erosion. If you predominately build from the perspective of an air combat fan in the game, you will build over scale as a natural tendency to wanting to see topographical structures while in flight. When you fly above canyons, they don't look like they do to you while you are walking in them. This is the quandary of scale I have to work while making the game look like it is scaled for tanks crawling on the ground.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing