Author Topic: Why was mission planner ever scrubbed from MA?  (Read 720 times)

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
Why was mission planner ever scrubbed from MA?
« on: April 07, 2018, 10:23:48 AM »
I tried using the feature last night and it was unavailable despite the sun being high in the sky.  I rember using it back in the day.  Seems counter-productive to organized game play.  Did someone drink too much of that "the win the war guys are killing the game" koolaid?

Gv dar, 2 sets of lancs minimum to drop hq, re-worked city strat, no mission planner??? You know theres a group of people who are convienced HTC abandoned them after so many years? LoL

Im not in that category yet but can we get mission planner back unless im doing something wrong with it? This should not be in wish list because I understand this was a decision by the devs if in fact mission planner is no more.

Otherwise i dont know what I am talking about and just need some re-explaining.
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations."Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s? It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns"Diaster
"Take your meds" ShadowX

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Why was mission planner ever scrubbed from MA?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2018, 01:43:32 PM »
I thought it had been simplified to the Pickup Mission option.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2018, 10:45:48 PM »
I thought it had been simplified to the Pickup Mission option.
If that is the case then i will need to take the time to educate myself on it.  2 people last night were under the impression it was removed after i asked about it in-game and left me wondering with much doubt. 

When i used to play in the past it was as easy as select the plane, the fuel, the ords load out, gun package,  starting airbase to launch from and runway. 

I will follow up on this when I return home from my trip. Missions were important to me back then and last night rallying under a planned mission would have been useful for anyone interested.  Appreciate your response bustr and will check into it further
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations."Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s? It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns"Diaster
"Take your meds" ShadowX

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 12:56:05 AM »
Pick up Missions are what your looking for. Same set up as before.

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2018, 12:09:59 PM »
Pick up Missions are what your looking for. Same set up as before.
ok thank you Fugitive  :salute

Im actually left a little disappointed with some peoples perception that their style of play has been targeted in a negarive way for others when its really not. Some opinions can be quite convincing.  I guess you have to guard the mind even when it comes to video games  :cheers:
"Take your meds" ShadowX

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2018, 02:09:21 PM »
ok thank you Fugitive  :salute

Im actually left a little disappointed with some peoples perception that their style of play has been targeted in a negarive way for others when its really not. Some opinions can be quite convincing.  I guess you have to guard the mind even when it comes to video games  :cheers:

I dont think its because "some peoples style of play has been targeted in a negative way" I just think the great mission planners have left the game and the new guys either dont know about/how to use the mission planer, or game play has changed to a much quicker type of capture the flag. A lot of the "faness" has gone out of the game over the years. Grand missions, squads going head to head, fighting in a fighter instead of HOin or running away. The game has changed a lot since the old days. 

Offline Schen

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2018, 02:20:32 PM »
I dont think its because "some peoples style of play has been targeted in a negative way" I just think the great mission planners have left the game and the new guys either dont know about/how to use the mission planer, or game play has changed to a much quicker type of capture the flag. A lot of the "faness" has gone out of the game over the years. Grand missions, squads going head to head, fighting in a fighter instead of HOin or running away. The game has changed a lot since the old days.

So your saying when I come back people might actually not know how to fight me in my Ki-84 eh.... hmmmmm :old:
"Fighting in the air is not sport. It is scientific murder"
           Captain Edward V. 'Eddie' Rickenbacker

---Committing scientific murder since tour 157---
                       :devil

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2018, 07:35:21 PM »
So your saying when I come back people might actually not know how to fight me in my Ki-84 eh.... hmmmmm :old:

nawwww EVERYBODY knows KIs are easy. They rely on their "cannons" too much and are easy get out of position and pop them   :devil

Offline Schen

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2018, 09:21:37 PM »
nawwww EVERYBODY knows KIs are easy. They rely on their "cannons" too much and are easy get out of position and pop them   :devil

Well I am not amazing yet but I take some tutelage by the one and only ink back in the day  :joystick:

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2018, 02:28:44 AM »

Well I am not amazing yet but I take some tutelage by the one and only ink back in the day  :joystick:
Ink was a MONSTER! I havent had that particular pucker factor for some time now!  :uhoh He got me turned on to the KI84 as well! As fugitive said earlier, most of the mission planners have left. Its even noticeable to me, and have only been here since 2013. The biggest stumbling block as to why newer players dont join missions or post them, is because of all the toxicity found in the MA of late,IMO. Its hard to get folk to work together because of this. Whether its true or not, a WHOLE lot of folk are convinced that "shades" are every where(mission will be busted any way so why join). Thus diminishing the mission aspect of the game. Even the "Hacker/cheater" accusations are picking up in frequency.  Personally...I blame Netflix,"load on Internet capacity) but it is reaching a boiling point as to the frequency that these accusations happen. It makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck, when I hear that. I missed out on the "Good old days" and would hate to see EVEN lower numbers playing because of a misconception of fact.
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Schen

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2018, 03:18:58 AM »
Good thing I like planning missions and say if they know where we are we will get a fight sooner rather then later, I am also a scrapper,landing is cool but taking off again is faster hahaha, I hope I remember half what ink taught me. Lastly I want to come back for the fights. And if i can't find em other ways to have fun and other games.

As for the toxicity, i did 6 years in the army 5 in the air force am now retiring due to medical reasons. And have seen and heard so much bull that they can try but i have and will always be civil, but that won't stop me trying to kill peeps haha :D

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2018, 03:13:28 PM »
Some opinions can be quite convincing.  I guess you have to guard the mind even when it comes to video games  :cheers:

As with information anywhere "consider the source".  The players who are most vocal in-game (either on vox or text) as well as here on the General Discussion forum are often eager to provide "answers" that either directly support their opinion or that are at least colored by their opinion.

An FYI for future reference: The best place to get factual and direct answers to these types of questions about the game are the Help and Training section of the forum.   

<S>
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2018, 04:34:09 PM »
Good thing I like planning missions and say if they know where we are we will get a fight sooner rather then later, I am also a scrapper,landing is cool but taking off again is faster hahaha, I hope I remember half what ink taught me. Lastly I want to come back for the fights. And if i can't find em other ways to have fun and other games.

As for the toxicity, i did 6 years in the army 5 in the air force am now retiring due to medical reasons. And have seen and heard so much bull that they can try but i have and will always be civil, but that won't stop me trying to kill peeps haha :D
:aok Thats the way I see it as well! More RED= more DEAD :devil May be me,but like you said...landing isnt as fun :x
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2018, 01:58:55 PM »
As with information anywhere "consider the source".  The players who are most vocal in-game (either on vox or text) as well as here on the General Discussion forum are often eager to provide "answers" that either directly support their opinion or that are at least colored by their opinion.

An FYI for future reference: The best place to get factual and direct answers to these types of questions about the game are the Help and Training section of the forum.   

<S>

:salute
"Take your meds" ShadowX