Author Topic: Question on % damage a plane can do at radar strat  (Read 2496 times)

Offline RODBUSTR

• Nickel Member
Question on % damage a plane can do at radar strat
« on: April 08, 2018, 09:55:52 AM »
      Giving an F8 gets 100% hits  all ammo. bomb and rockets, what is the maximum percent damage can one do at  a maximum strength radar strat.    Not opinion  fact please.

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
Re: Question on % damage a plane can do at radar strat
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 10:03:26 AM »
100% dmg. it does not take a lot to kill the dar. aim at the small building below it not at the dar itself.

PS: Help and Training is the appropriate place to post this i suppose. Extra work for Skuzzy if you keep posting here.
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 10:16:55 AM »
100% dmg. it does not take a lot to kill the dar. aim at the small building below it not at the dar itself.

He's talking about the factory  :old:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 12:26:06 PM »
Based off of my experience using USAF/RAF heavy bombers (17,24,29,lancs) 100% is entirely possible especially at the radar strat. I guess it all comes down to your drops and area of splash which obviously dictates your yeilds per drop. 

With that said i have never zeroed a single strat without having to drop to the deck and finishing it off in the gunner positions outside of the B-29.  Not saying it isnt possible otherways more so admitting i havent tried hard enough. Thats not necessarily the "right way" to do it since your more likely to get shotdown by autoack or a plane/gv.

"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2018, 12:52:22 PM »
An F8 won't do that much damage. The OP has been playing long enough to know that. Every post is just something else to gripe about the game. If he thought it was right, he'd have never brought it up.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2018, 01:58:29 PM »
because im not going to run a test of it, I'd have to guess that it would be around 40% of the Radar strat.  A single cookie can do that, so it would be no surprise that a 190 with a 1kg bomb , rockets, and guns could do similar damage.
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2018, 02:01:47 PM »
because im not going to run a test of it, I'd have to guess that it would be around 40% of the Radar strat.  A single cookie can do that, so it would be no surprise that a 190 with a 1kg bomb , rockets, and guns could do similar damage.

I was going to say 30-35% with well placed ord. 

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2018, 02:02:01 PM »
Strats are pretty hard, I've hit them with 2 500KGs(1000+ lbs each) 4 rockets, and guns and not gotten 40%. I think 15-20% is more likely with an F8. It has fewer guns and rockets, IFRC.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2018, 03:03:42 PM »
Just going by the maths, with the PB1 and guns alone the F8 should be able to get about 12 buildings (12.3%). Possibly more, as I don't know how much you can increase that by the PB1 splash damage radius, which I haven't tested. And then you would have the 500kg bomb, too.
20% should be definitely doable.

However, I have some kind of feeling that we didn't hear OP's full story yet...  :noid^

ADDENDUM:

A quick and somewhat sloppy test achieved 37% of damage against a radar factory.
With better bomb placement you definitely should be able to push past 40%
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 03:20:10 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2018, 03:46:50 PM »
Strats are pretty hard, I've hit them with 2 500KGs(1000+ lbs each) 4 rockets, and guns and not gotten 40%. I think 15-20% is more likely with an F8. It has fewer guns and rockets, IFRC.

nope nope nope----regular strats are no harder to destroy than the building in a town

its the City strat that is hardest to destroy--they double the hardness of the other strats.

if you would stay on long enough to hit the strats you would know this
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2018, 08:26:42 PM »
Just going by the maths, with the PB1 and guns alone the F8 should be able to get about 12 buildings (12.3%). Possibly more, as I don't know how much you can increase that by the PB1 splash damage radius, which I haven't tested. And then you would have the 500kg bomb, too.
20% should be definitely doable.

However, I have some kind of feeling that we didn't hear OP's full story yet...  :noid^

ADDENDUM:

A quick and somewhat sloppy test achieved 37% of damage against a radar factory.
With better bomb placement you definitely should be able to push past 40%

About what i figured.. 30% for an average player.. 40% for a skilled.  This is all assuming.the strat is full up.  Run into a strat halfway bombed in the concentrated clusters, cut the % in half.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2018, 08:33:09 PM »
An F8 won't do that much damage. The OP has been playing long enough to know that. Every post is just something else to gripe about the game. If he thought it was right, he'd have never brought it up.

+1

:noid
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2018, 02:35:44 AM »
Those figures are about what I conclude as well. The OP experienced a 190-A8 dropping the strat to way lower percentage(believe to % way more than only 30 % damage). Sure..he may not have been aware of previous damage done, but I didnt check on the AAA factory status BEFORE he brought it up. How ever, I was on when he mentioned it, and it was 0% when I checked :uhoh
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline wrench

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2018, 04:39:56 AM »
But...never mind...
Leave that thing alone!
Relax said the Knight, man, we are programmed to receive.
You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2018, 09:10:07 AM »

He's talking about the factory  :old:

Dah doi, woopsy  :bolt:
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.