Author Topic: IR tracker stopped working in AH3  (Read 507 times)

Offline EOD907

• Zinc Member
IR tracker stopped working in AH3
« on: May 01, 2018, 01:37:58 AM »
Can anyone give me a hand?  I have had no problem with my Trackir for years, but suddenly it stopped working in AH3.  My problems started when I downloaded the new patch last Friday, but it was not my Trackir that immediately started acting up.  Instead, my quadrant throttle would not control the corresponding engine.  Throttle lever 1 would move throttles 1,3 and 4, throttle levers 2 and 3 would not move anything, and throttle lever 4 would move throttle for engine 2.  Everything else worked fine, including my Trackir.  Three days later (the next time I got on), I enter the game to find my Trackir will not interface with AH3.  The tracker system works normally before entering the game, and afterward.  I rebooted my system with no effect.  I reinstalled AH3, with no effect, and I reinstalled my Trackir software with no effect.  None of the settings in the have game changed.

I called Hightech creations office and was told the throttle problem was being addressed in the next patch, but that was before I knew I had a problem with the Trackir.  Is the Trackir problem also being addressed, or is it a separate issue?  If it is a separate issue, does anyone have a solution?

Please help.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
Re: IR tracker stopped working in AH3
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 09:31:17 AM »
Look in the VR settings and make sure that VR is enabled.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: IR tracker stopped working in AH3
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 02:02:28 PM »
Several folk had issues with latest patches. Its not really a big deal, just that most folk dont read too well. Not saying that is you also :D They redid some Mode Switching stuff,IE go to Bombardier and you are in mode4 Bombardier/chute. Therefore when folk would go to bomb sight or Gun Positions CRAP, MY buttons dont work.   So, that being said...check to see if THESES NEW MODES share a HOT KEY for your TIR. I was using a TIR HOTKEY for pause, and when I would go into Mode 3....TIR would go straight to pause. Simplest way to test this, IF IF you dont use mode 3 or 4 in AH, just go to options controls, Pick your stick with issues, Mode3 and copy mode 1.....same for Mode4 Hope that this was your issue as well
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain