Author Topic: 3.03 Patch 7 Problem  (Read 2921 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: 3.03 Patch 7 Problem
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2018, 09:15:53 PM »
After this last update What a mess the key board keys don't work the zoom doesn't work. Auto pilot not working the drones fall back and explodes. In the bomb sight the letters J & L don't work for making bomb sight correction. I can't tell you all that is messed up . after we spend time making everything right someone comes along and knots over my sand castle. :x Help

The game now selects MODE 4 when you launch bonbers. If you stick/keymapping isnt setup in MODE 4 your not going tohave any of the keys and such that you normally have. Go to keymapping select mode 4 and copy Mode 1 and you will have the setup you normally have.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 09:17:51 PM by The Fugitive »

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2018, 11:04:41 PM »
I got the following error message after downloading the patch and trying to log onto dx-9 version "Initialization failed with -9 mainWLD_FAILED -1".

In addition to what Hitech and Skuzzy said...

If you have background programs running it can increase the chances of this error.   Before I run an update I close everything.  Haven’t had any problems since. 
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2018, 11:25:37 PM »
Just ran updater to patch AHIII to Version 3.03 Patch 7 from Patch 6:

All went w\o a hitch.

Checked game function thru all 4 shortcuts (set up 2 shortcuts for both Dx versions of the game, 1 is the reg AHIII DX 9\11 shortcut found in C:\Hitech Creations\AHIII folder, the 2nd is a Windows CMD-created shortcut for both versions to instruct Windows to auto-assign CPU priority\affinity to AHIII at startup to run the game on the 2nd CCX group of CPU cores on my AMD Ryzen 7 1800X CPU):

All starts up and runs fine w\ no issues................

All good here.

:salute

Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2018, 05:53:09 AM »
The problem I'm having with this patch is that when I try to get in one of my guns in a bomber I get a message that I'm now in vehicle mode.

The message may be an error.  You are actually in "Bomber" mode.  If you do not want the game to auto-select the controller mode, then uncheck the "Auto select mode" option in Options->Controls->Map Controllers.  If you do this while in the game, you will be in the last mode the game selected.  You can either start another sortie, exit the arena, or manually select the mode, if you have mapped those commands to any buttons/keys.

I downloaded the game off the website and lost all of my settings and skins. Is there a way for me to get them back?  :bhead

They are not lost if you did not uninstall the old version before installing the new version.

There was a change to the full game installer though.  It will force the installation into a folder named "Aces High III".  If your original game installation folder is not named that, then look for the "Aces High III" folder in the original game folder.  That is where the game is running from.

If the above is true, then copy your old "settings", "skins", and "ah3terr" folder to the new installation path.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 05:56:35 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2018, 07:24:01 AM »
I got the following error message after downloading the patch and trying to log onto dx-9 version "Initialization failed with -9 mainWLD_FAILED -1".

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,387168.msg5145260.html#msg5145260

This might also help...
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline B2B

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2018, 08:01:43 AM »
Reloded the game-everything fine so far except clipboard lettering is fragmented. Any ideas?
Tour 92

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2018, 08:42:50 AM »
What is the "Maximum Texture Size", in the "Video Settings" set to?  What video resolution are you running the game at?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline B2B

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2018, 09:21:28 AM »
1920X1080;  4096. I notice if I enlarge the clipboard the text is much clearer.
Tour 92

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2018, 01:17:56 PM »
Anytime you adjust the size of the clipboard it will impact the quality of the text on it.  Could be better, or worse, depending on the scaling.

Have to remember that the text on the clipboard menu is not text at all, but an image.  Stretching it or shrinking it will distort it.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline B2B

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2018, 01:41:53 PM »
Thank you Skuzzy.
Tour 92

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2018, 02:35:46 PM »
"Initialization failed with -9 mainWLD_FAILED -1" I have the same error message. I am working on resolving the issue..

DutchVII
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2018, 03:12:55 PM »
Remove the desktop ICON, then install the full installation OVER THE TOP of your existing installation and let it create a new desktop ICON.  That will fix it.

Did you get a failure during a patch?  What file?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2018, 07:52:14 AM »
Remove the desktop ICON, then install the full installation OVER THE TOP of your existing installation and let it create a new desktop ICON.  That will fix it.

Did you get a failure during a patch?  What file?

Reinstalling fixed the issue <S>

It was the exact same error as the OP posted.

What exact file i do not remember, but i wanted to let you guys know i had the same issue.

Cheers,
DutchVII
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2018, 09:05:50 AM »
It is not something we can fix.  It is data corruption normally caused by anti-xxxx software, or lack of free useable memory (your computer can have 64GB of RAM, and not have enough useable process memory), use of an SSD with a firmware problem (also contributes to lack of process memory due to the RAM disk used by SSD drives for file writes).

Those are the top reasons for the failure.  One of them is usually true if the patch fails on "stdshape.res".

If you get a patch error, then you can just go ahead and download the full install, and install over the top of it, as your installation will be broken.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2018, 09:51:21 AM »
After this last update What a mess the key board keys don't work the zoom doesn't work. Auto pilot not working the drones fall back and explodes. In the bomb sight the letters J & L don't work for making bomb sight correction. I can't tell you all that is messed up . after we spend time making everything right someone comes along and knots over my sand castle. :x Help

Try keys u/y for bombsite calibration.  They are the default keys.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear