Author Topic: AH is reading my Xbox One Controller  (Read 1473 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
AH is reading my Xbox One Controller
« on: April 11, 2018, 05:50:09 PM »
I have an Xbox One controller connected but not selected in AH but it is overriding my selected controllers.  I have to disconnect the game pad from my computer to stop the bleed through.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
Re: AH is reading my Xbox One Controller
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 05:56:24 PM »
Same here.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 01:29:49 AM »
In addition to my game pad overriding things in AH, on the start up splash screen, it will display an image of the Xbox controller and then a dialogue window pops up to configure the buttons on the Xbox controller.  The only way to get rid of the dialogue box is to unplug my Xbox controller.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 02:32:21 PM »
Will this be fixed in the next patch?

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 04:07:58 PM »
Similar issue here
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2018, 04:19:56 PM »
In addition to my game pad overriding things in AH, on the start up splash screen, it will display an image of the Xbox controller and then a dialogue window pops up to configure the buttons on the Xbox controller.  The only way to get rid of the dialogue box is to unplug my Xbox controller.

When does the dialog box pop up? Simply double click any joy stick button to make the controller disappear.

HiTech

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2018, 04:37:48 PM »
When does the dialog box pop up? Simply double click any joy stick button to make the controller disappear.

HiTech

The dialogue box appears on the start up splash screen.  It will display an image of the Xbox controller with the button mappings with the dialogue box asking me to map the Xbox controller buttons.  Hitting cancel on the dialogue box does nothing, it just makes the dialogue box reappear and all joystick and button inputs from my CH Combat stick are disabled so I can't just double click on my Combat stick to make the dialogue box disappear, the only way I can do that is if I was to physically disconnect my Xbox controller from the PC.

With the Xbox controller connected, if I was to go into the controller setup/mapping in AH and select my CH gear, my previous controller and mapping settings are gone but will reappear if I disconnect the Xbox controller.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2018, 05:10:20 PM »
Double press a button on your regular joystick at the startup screen , what happens?

Also will you post a screen shot of the dialog?

HiTech
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 05:12:54 PM by hitech »

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2018, 05:29:53 PM »
Double press a button on your regular joystick at the startup screen , what happens?

Also will you post a screen shot of the dialog?

HiTech

Will post the info when I get home.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2018, 10:54:28 PM »
The dialogue box no longer appears after this update.  I did use a work around yesterday by moving my Xbox controller from Controller ID#1 down to Controller ID#4, and moved my CH Combat Stick to Controller ID#1, Pro Throttle to ID#2 and VKB rudder pedals to ID#3 in Windows. That allowed me to log in without any issues but still had the image of the Xbox controller on the splash screen.

After this update, using JoyIDS Utility again to move my controllers to different Controller ID's, I moved the Xbox controller back up to Controller ID#1 and tried to see if the dialogue box would appear again after the update.  It didn't, though the Xbox controller image still appears but goes away once I either move one of the thumb sticks on the game pad or press a button on the joystick.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2018, 11:59:19 AM »
The dialogue box no longer appears after this update.  I did use a work around yesterday by moving my Xbox controller from Controller ID#1 down to Controller ID#4, and moved my CH Combat Stick to Controller ID#1, Pro Throttle to ID#2 and VKB rudder pedals to ID#3 in Windows. That allowed me to log in without any issues but still had the image of the Xbox controller on the splash screen.

After this update, using JoyIDS Utility again to move my controllers to different Controller ID's, I moved the Xbox controller back up to Controller ID#1 and tried to see if the dialogue box would appear again after the update.  It didn't, though the Xbox controller image still appears but goes away once I either move one of the thumb sticks on the game pad or press a button on the joystick.

I can't seem to remember having a dialog box like that. But I have added a disable JS check box to the Control setup.

HiTech

Offline toddbobe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2018, 11:58:18 AM »
Will aces run on an XBox controller? If so I can take aces on the road via laptop.
Todd

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2018, 12:27:44 AM »
Will aces run on an XBox controller? If so I can take aces on the road via laptop.
Todd

Yes.