Author Topic: Text is unreadable on clipboard  (Read 2248 times)

Offline ColTomb

• Copper Member
Text is unreadable on clipboard
« on: April 12, 2018, 02:43:09 PM »
The latest patch has left my clipboard unreadable, with ripples
in the background of the scene, fields and towns. ahss0.bmp shows
the ripples. I was also able to distinguish individual structures and buildings at this distance
and altitude before the patch. ahss9.bmp shows my graphic settings, if you can read it.
The only Nvidia Control Panel settings I have changed is the max power setting. All others
are application controlled. DxDiag has been provide. I wish you make all this VR stuff a separate
download and install like you did with the HiRes Pack in AHII.

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
Re: Text is unreadable on clipboard
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 02:18:40 PM »
The latest patch has left my clipboard unreadable, with ripples
in the background of the scene, fields and towns. ahss0.bmp shows
the ripples. I was also able to distinguish individual structures and buildings at this distance
and altitude before the patch. ahss9.bmp shows my graphic settings, if you can read it.
The only Nvidia Control Panel settings I have changed is the max power setting. All others
are application controlled. DxDiag has been provide. I wish you make all this VR stuff a separate
download and install like you did with the HiRes Pack in AHII.

Although Ican read it, I have the same problem... sorta looks like
VR without the headset
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 02:40:56 PM »
Do you guys ever move your clip boards? Almost looks like you have never moved it, and it is at it's default size?

HiTech

Offline asterix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2018, 02:54:45 AM »
Same complaint with the clipboard fine print text and icons as well. Text lines seem to be kind of pixelated no matter what size the clipboard is or what font size chosen in game video settings. My video card has DVI-I (dual link), DVI-D (dual link) and HDMI connectors. Monitor has D-sub, DVI-D (dl) and HDMI. Connecting the monitor through VGA cable (connects to video card through DVI-I dl adapter) seems to have best icon and text quality, but when using the HDMI or DVI-D dl cable, it is very bad.
Win 7 Pro 64, AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3,0 GHz, Asus M2N mobo, refurbished Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 GV-N960IXOC-2GD 2GB, Corsair XMS2 4x2GB 800MHz DDR2, Seagate BarraCuda 7200.10 ST3160815AS 160GB 7200 RPM HDD, Thermaltake Smart 430W

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2018, 07:46:38 AM »
Same thing noticed here - the quality of the clipboard text is poorer and its harder to read now that before.   I think it would be easier to read if the font used didn't have serifs.   The font text of the message buffer in the first screenshot is perfect - I wish I knew how to get that:

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2018, 09:52:38 AM »
Just to illustrate the differences in text quality I think we're talking about.  The top screen shot of the clipboard was taken in January of 2017, the bottom was taken this morning.

Offline SNO

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2018, 12:14:47 PM »
Is there any chance of “clear text” enabled in windows have any affect on this?
☩Schnee☩
Jagdgeschwader 11

Das-Beste-kommt-erst-noch

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2018, 12:34:00 PM »
Those images look the same as mine, when I run in DX9.  (chat buffer looks bad in DX9)

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline ColTomb

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2018, 02:31:14 PM »
I move my clipboards frequently. I have tried different inputs, DP, HDMI, DVI-D. I have tried different drivers from 340.52 to the current 391.35.
I have tried different refresh rates from 60Hz to 165Hz. I have uninstalled and reinstalled AHIII. I have renamed the settings folder. I have tried different
monitors from my current MSI Optix AG32C to a ASUS VX279 to a regular T.V. with HDMI. I have reinstalled DX11 and DX9 even though DX11
provides DX9 support. I have tried almost every combination of Nvidia settings and AHIII settings. I have tried it with and without Clear Type Text.
I have tried different combinations of monitor settings, and the clipboard text is still unreadable and background is still a blur. As oboe has demonstrated,
this has become progressively worse with each new patch to the point of becoming unplayable. I am glad other paying subscribers see this.
I thought it was old tymers disease setting in. 

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2018, 02:31:28 PM »
Those images look the same as mine, when I run in DX9.  (chat buffer looks bad in DX9)

Coogan
Same for me Coogn. Thats as clear as I ever saw it. One thing I can think of...was an issue BUSTR helped me out with couple years ago. I was having issues with terrain and just in general low quality colors making things dull and non crisp. Was a problem with ho Graphics cards and connected Monitors worked together. Mainly by HDMI connections. The NVIDIA cards saw monitor as HDTV and ran a "LIMITED" color pallet. After changing it to "FULL" color pallet it cleared and crisped up. May not be your issue, but wouldnt hurt to check it :uhoh  One more....ANTI ALIASING makes it different as well.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 02:33:55 PM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2018, 02:45:28 PM »
Same for me Coogn. Thats as clear as I ever saw it. One thing I can think of...was an issue BUSTR helped me out with couple years ago. I was having issues with terrain and just in general low quality colors making things dull and non crisp. Was a problem with ho Graphics cards and connected Monitors worked together. Mainly by HDMI connections. The NVIDIA cards saw monitor as HDTV and ran a "LIMITED" color pallet. After changing it to "FULL" color pallet it cleared and crisped up. May not be your issue, but wouldnt hurt to check it :uhoh  One more....ANTI ALIASING makes it different as well.

Gonna give this a shot.
I don't understand why chat using DX11 is crystal clear, but not Dx9. In my case it's this way.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2018, 03:35:13 PM »
Yes, thats odd. mine appears the same?
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2018, 03:43:37 PM »
OBOE,too me...looks like there has been a GRAPHICS adjustment between the 2 pics? Colors on clibboard are more brilliant and the terrain has a better color in the latest shot. At least on my monitor. Have you changed any GRAPHIC options maybe? Post lighting on/off affects mine like this.  :uhoh Do the different DX modes share graphics settings, or are they seperate like with VR/Non VR?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 03:46:33 PM by 1stpar3 »

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2018, 05:18:54 PM »
I can't say for sure what changes I've made since January 2107; I play around with settings alot - usually crank them to skin or take screen shots, then dial back the AA and AF for playing online. I'm always set to 1080p 60Hz, and in almost always run default graphics settings and hen override with ATI software to increase AA and AF.  It's possible too that the January 2017 screen shot was taken with an HDMI cable; I switched to display port a while back.  I always use the DX9 version as I had stutters with DX11 version.

It hasn't been a big problem for me, generally text has been readable - but the change was pretty noticeable with these last couple of patches.   I never would have said anything on my own, but for ColTomb's post about it.

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2018, 05:35:22 PM »
Yes Text and icons on the map are different. Also Plane and friendly icons are a bit dull than what it use to be.
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2