Author Topic: VR-Patch-GV Really bad Big chunky spewing  (Read 2280 times)

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
VR-Patch-GV Really bad Big chunky spewing
« on: April 12, 2018, 09:13:53 PM »

You will quickly get nauseated with the new patch.  Not sure what HTC was thinking on this change.  It use to work well except for the 17#er.

I had just about abandoned planes and switch to GVs because of the lock up of the joystick.  Now GVs are hard to use.  Yery blurry gun sights now in tanks.

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
Re: VR-Patch-GV Really bad Big chunky spewing
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 10:25:29 AM »
The new patch has made gv-ing impossible for me. You cannot move in turret view, because you can't always see where you're going, you have to turn the turret to see any thing. You also must remain PERFECTLY still in order to aim. This will make me leave the game. I'm not threatening to get my way, I have grown to enjoy tanking as much as anything, and if the game is changed in a way to prevent me from being able to play, there's no use for me to keep on. Please fix it. I don't want to stop playing.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 02:57:32 PM »
I dont understand,honestly. Coppr,you know me a bit and that I AM NOT A TROLL :salute That being said,I dont understand what you dont like about GVs after patch? IT FIXED ALL of my problems.I have never been able to drive in turret mode especially in VR. Unless I was doing something wrong,only view I ever had from turret was thru the scope? Its still that way for me. I no longer feel like I am in a BOX that restricts movement -when in tank sight. It feels NATURAL now. Before patch I couldnt shoot for crap because it was wobbly and I felt I needed someone on outside to hold my head still...for me GONE now. Only thing I could think of THAT MAY be the difference from you and Randy....do yo guys use MOUSE view in GVS? I dont,I use joystick. Its just weird, hate seeing folk I like, having issues that I dont. I mean Its even different from Randy as well. I get zero claustrophobia or nausea in 17 pounder or tank turret now. I have a tendency to lean into the rotation a bit and before patch all that did was make your view YAW in a weird way. Now its smooth,lean into it and no strange claustrophobic feelings. Before patch if I rotated turret too fast, I would get same feeling I use to get as a kid. Sitting on a Sit'N'spin while staring at the ceiling light....DIZZY. So maybe if you guys use mouse its a bit different?  :uhoh :pray
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 03:02:41 PM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2018, 05:38:11 PM »
The description that you are giving is what I am seeing now. I turn my head and see black. The turret must be facing the direction the tank is moving and I must hold my head perfectly still to see. Before, there was none of that.I can't tank, and if I can't enjoy one full third of the game that I play, I might as well give it up. It's just a shame. And no, I blame no one, this is just one of those crappy things that happen. I hope it gets straightened out.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2018, 12:12:39 AM »
 :aok So you are saying,while in tank sight you had views other than just through the sight? Wasnt that for me. I could still see through the sight no matter where my head  was..but was till same picture-felt abnormal and weird. Guess its just different strokes thing? I couldnt tank before this,now its more natural,cant wrap my head around it. My sight picture would wobble around and felt claustrophobic. Without the head movement after patch,it was like my brain said "we aint moving" while my eyes said"OH but we ARE". Felt really weird. My sight picture is stable now, maybe its because I never got use to it pre patch? Surely it felt weird to you in beginning with Vr,NO? I honestly dont know as I couldnt stand the feeling. Flying or driving GV( from anything but a tank sight) was no problem. Well didnt Bomber either, Bomb sight was same as Tank.Just never could get into it with taking headset off and reprogramming hat switch for views. Then again I might very well feel what you guys are going through,just dont get it? Seems odd for some reason. :uhoh Just hate to lose you guys  :salute
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 12:16:22 AM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline terrydew

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2018, 11:58:56 AM »
I have never had any form of nausea in vr even after wearing the headset for 2 hours or more but with this new system from the last patch in gv it is almost immediate. It sounds like there are two groups of people one that had issues with vr from the start and those that didn’t with the latter being the larger group and this last patch solved an issue for the smaller group but created one for the larger one.

My suggestion is to make it optional like was done for the remove headset issue.

Also I have double gun sites on the 17 pounder.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2018, 01:12:19 PM »
I have abandoned VR in AH. Really bad since the patch.  Dusted off the trackir and headset.

VR is well implemented in Iracing.  I spend more time now in Iracing than I do in AH now.

I am guessing people with unbalanced eyes complained and got HTC to issue a patch but ruined it like Terrydew posted for the larger group of VR users.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2018, 02:20:16 PM »
I have never had any form of nausea in vr even after wearing the headset for 2 hours or more but with this new system from the last patch in gv it is almost immediate. It sounds like there are two groups of people one that had issues with vr from the start and those that didn’t with the latter being the larger group and this last patch solved an issue for the smaller group but created one for the larger one.

My suggestion is to make it optional like was done for the remove headset issue.

Also I have double gun sites on the 17 pounder.
Sort of confirms my thought,it is a diffrent strokes type thing :uhoh Yes like you I NEVER had problems with VR and luckily I guess,STILL DONT.I spend ALL my time in VR,including 11 hours straight in last Aug...Longest Day Scenario. Probably average of 3 hours a day in VR since March 2017. I could have lived with it like it was, but I never really GV any how. Just for me, after patch it seems a bit more comfortable. Like I said earlier, I NEVER drive in scope mode, even with TIR. Now I can definitely see why that would make an issue in VR,I couldnt do it before and certainly havent tried it since. I will check in 17lber again but I didnt notice double gunsights...just popped in to check on the change and never really sighted anything. That brings up a great example of how my TANKING was pre patch..In tank sight mode, it was VERY MUCH same feeling as in 17lber, only you could at least use the cross hairs. It just felt the same way, a bit clunky. :uhoh To be honest the only change I would have noticed, was the BOMB SIGHT change. That was only thing in New Patch that would have made me go HMMM.Please dont roll that back!!!! Heck roll every thing back except that, and I will be happy. No auto pilot probs, Settings probs or VR probs. Lucky I guess? Hopefully this issue for you guys can be fixed. Would be interesting to see the opinions from All VR players,unfortunately many are not going to be in forums, and those that are...We all know and see each other in here, quite often :rock

Offline terrydew

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2018, 05:15:24 PM »
Sort of confirms my thought,it is a diffrent strokes type thing :uhoh Yes like you I NEVER had problems with VR and luckily I guess,STILL DONT.I spend ALL my time in VR,including 11 hours straight in last Aug...Longest Day Scenario. Probably average of 3 hours a day in VR since March 2017. I could have lived with it like it was, but I never really GV any how. Just for me, after patch it seems a bit more comfortable. Like I said earlier, I NEVER drive in scope mode, even with TIR. Now I can definitely see why that would make an issue in VR,I couldnt do it before and certainly havent tried it since. I will check in 17lber again but I didnt notice double gunsights...just popped in to check on the change and never really sighted anything. That brings up a great example of how my TANKING was pre patch..In tank sight mode, it was VERY MUCH same feeling as in 17lber, only you could at least use the cross hairs. It just felt the same way, a bit clunky. :uhoh To be honest the only change I would have noticed, was the BOMB SIGHT change. That was only thing in New Patch that would have made me go HMMM.Please dont roll that back!!!! Heck roll every thing back except that, and I will be happy. No auto pilot probs, Settings probs or VR probs. Lucky I guess? Hopefully this issue for you guys can be fixed. Would be interesting to see the opinions from All VR players,unfortunately many are not going to be in forums, and those that are...We all know and see each other in here, quite often :rock

I agree the bomb site is really good!!

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2018, 05:25:39 PM »
I have abandoned VR in AH. Really bad since the patch.  Dusted off the trackir and headset.

In air 2 air combat I don't see any difference at all. For me that is 99% of the game.

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2018, 10:58:08 PM »
In air 2 air combat I don't see any difference at all. For me that is 99% of the game.

....same here.

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2018, 12:26:39 PM »
I notice no issues other than my Acer headset now works. And i find it better than the Rift...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2018, 01:23:33 PM »
Well, I can no longer tank, and I will be ending my subscription when it runs out. I will monitor to see if they ever fix it. I spent all kinds of money and have enjoyed the experience, but now that it's all trashed by an update, it will be relegated to the overflow/storage room. Such is life.

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2018, 03:53:02 PM »
Copperhead - Can I recommend that you go into your settings folder and delete anything with VR and start over? (if you already haven't).  I was having terrible vision issues with my Acer - when I did that, it seems to reset the VR headset.  If you haven't, give it a try.

Fork
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2018, 04:33:43 PM »
Didn't work, Mr. Fork  :angry: