Author Topic: Harassment Policy?  (Read 6061 times)

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: Harassment Policy?
« Reply #75 on: April 19, 2018, 08:18:07 PM »
In a lot of cases kids aren't parented, they're housed.

Again, parental failure. No one to blame, other than the ones popping out kids with no clue, desire, or skill to raise them to respect others.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: April 19, 2018, 08:40:09 PM »
Not accurate at all, as there are laws in both the United States and in other countries that require a section of the Terms of Service that outline permissible player behavior.  Studio I work for had to redo our TOS for our online games when we were sued by players under their state's consumer laws.

I would be interested in seeing a cite to such a statute, if you have one readily available.

- oldman

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: April 19, 2018, 09:23:22 PM »
Maybe there should be a system message, like for landed kills, that would announce when a player is muted or ejected from an arena.

why so the guy can be harassed himself.  best thing is let hitech handle it.  it's between him and the guy being reported.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
« Reply #78 on: April 19, 2018, 09:26:26 PM »
why so the guy can be harassed himself.  best thing is let hitech handle it.  it's between him and the guy being reported.

semp

OMG...can you imagine the number of people getting banned just to see their name in lights!
Columbo

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm" and the warrior whispers back "I AM THE STORM"

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #79 on: April 19, 2018, 09:38:59 PM »
Which is why I said a more robust chat interface could solve the issue, not "what we have now allows it".

It's not just the arenas, it's the internet at large.  If you want to see a good example of it, take a look at Youtube comments.

Good luck getting people to conform to your definition of "behaving" on the internet.

Now, you can endeavour to police your arena, or alternately, you could give your users the ability to control what they see.  I know what makes more sense to me.

Wiley.

The internet is Public, HTC is private, big difference. HTC rules in this little world. What ever they require is what you MUST agree to to be able to play.

Maybe there should be a system message, like for landed kills, that would announce when a player is muted or ejected from an arena.

No, there is no need of that. If the player who got the punishment comes back a squeals about the punishment then he is fair game..... much like here on the boards. If players see some bad behavior suddenly stop it wouldn't be hard to figure out the offending party got nailed.

I think if the "punishments" were handed out as often as the crimes are committed in stead only now and then I think it could go a long way in reigning in some of the garbage.   

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: April 20, 2018, 01:31:53 AM »
The internet is Public, HTC is private, big difference.

Not really.  The vast majority of websites people are on are run by private companies.  But it's a moot point, HT made his decision.  I just happen to disagree with it.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #81 on: April 20, 2018, 10:58:47 AM »
IN again !

Before the lock !!!!!

:rofl :D :D :D

:banana: :banana: :banana:
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: April 20, 2018, 11:03:00 AM »
This poor dead horse is getting beaten intensely.  :bolt:

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com