Author Topic: Steam version doesn't detect my joystick  (Read 709 times)

Offline BadAce89

• Zinc Member
Steam version doesn't detect my joystick
« on: April 19, 2018, 04:37:28 PM »
I came back to aces high and downloaded it through steam for i dont know why. I have tried everything i can find on ah forums as well as steam which isn't much and have failed to get the game to detect my saitek x45. The only solution was to download the game straight from hitechcreations site and the game detected me stick no problem. SO if anyone has any ideas on how to get it to work on steam that would be great otherwise it looks like my steam subscription was a waste of money as it cant be used on a regular version of the game.

Offline BadAce89

• Zinc Member
Re: Steam version doesn't detect my joystick
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 05:36:41 PM »
SOOOOO i got impatient and just downloaded the regular version from the website and it works perfect.... Subscriptions are non-transferable so i payed for a second one.... Steam let me down :(

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2018, 06:15:28 AM »
When you say the game did not recognize it, do you mean the stick did not show up the Options->Controls->Map Controllers drop down list of available controllers?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline BadAce89

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2018, 10:06:00 AM »
Correct there was only "mouse" listed in the drop down menu.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2018, 05:46:35 AM »
That is odd, as the Steam and regular version of the game are the same, in that regard.

I'll have to get with HiTech and dig through it, as this is the very first time this has happened.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline BadAce89

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2018, 01:09:02 AM »
The fact that you have never heard of this issue makes me think maybe its on my end lol. I have a feeling if i wiped out all my steam folders and started fresh it might work.... but thats a alot of GBs.... Prolly wouldn't waste too much time on it....  but your the expert :)

Offline evilseed

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2019, 02:24:06 PM »
This happened to me in 2019.  To fix it I went into Steam's "Big Picture Mode" and disabled various controller settings there.  Note that I had not initially started Aces High in Big Picture Mode, nor were any of the settings in there related to the HOTAS I use with AH, but it seems the Big Picture configs for unused/unconnected controllers can still interfere.