Author Topic: Finally the Topography is finished.  (Read 4221 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Finally the Topography is finished.
« on: April 22, 2018, 08:24:19 PM »
Just about 5 months to the day and all the topography for 625,000sq miles is finished.

Now I get to put all the feilds, task groups, spawns and strat in. Build all the tank micro combat terrain and shoe horn in Hitech's new AI supply system. It's one 5 mile segment of road or track per base or strat at every single location I have to fit the paths to the topography.

Finished topography.

What I get to do next.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
Re: Finally the Topography is finished.
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 08:53:54 PM »
nice.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline ToeTag

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 08:54:35 PM »
This looks like an old Dark Reign Map.
They call it "common sense", then why is it so uncommon?

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2018, 09:56:51 PM »
Since I don't know what the () you are talking about, it's 100% a bustr map.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2018, 04:43:55 AM »
It looks beautiful even as a clipboard map Bustr, thanks for all your hard work.

Is 5 miles per road the minimum length or is that now a fixed distance for an MA terrain?

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2018, 09:48:45 AM »
Very nice work Buster.   :aok

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2018, 10:17:59 AM »
Woop woop woop.

WTG

DutchVII
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2018, 11:40:14 AM »
If you want to see why this took 5 months, download the full sized map 2048x2048 in this zip file from my google docs.

The boarder of the terrain is 12,000ft and everything is graded with water runoffs down to the central water pond inside of the scale the terrain editor limits me to. With the full sized file you will better see this and those canyons in the rear canyon land becasue of the shadows. The canyon land was a simple need to fill empty space in a manner that fit the theme. The terrain is called riftval for rift valley and you can see one at the boarder of each country.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1w8TbMqnN40-9eVDZG5O8Mfxb49VShz4B
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2018, 12:54:31 PM »
No joy for the GV's on this map

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2018, 01:03:42 PM »
Are the older maps going to be updated by htc to support the aupply lines, or the map maker, or not at all?

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2018, 01:31:06 PM »
No joy for the GV's on this map

How exactly do you know that since I have not published the master blueprint for this terrain? This looks more like you want to get away with insulting me inside the Skuzzy rules. Kind of lame and small of you as usual.

Please illuminate this audience with your vast knowledge of terrain building to the source of your opinion. If you are basing your drive by mud slinging on only looking at the screen shots I posted, I doubt you have anything constructive to share about terrain building in general. Last I remember you never built one to show the community how to make a perfect GV terrain for the MA. You don't need vBases to create GV combat on a terrain. That is a very myopic, balkinised centric, and inexperienced view of how terrains work.

And you promised you had canceled your account and would no longer participate in our game. So this is a personal drive by getting under the Skuzzy rules with me.....small and lame.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2018, 02:09:09 PM »
How exactly do you know that since I have not published the master blueprint for this terrain? This looks more like you want to get away with insulting me inside the Skuzzy rules. Kind of lame and small of you as usual.

Please illuminate this audience with your vast knowledge of terrain building to the source of your opinion. If you are basing your drive by mud slinging on only looking at the screen shots I posted, I doubt you have anything constructive to share about terrain building in general. Last I remember you never built one to show the community how to make a perfect GV terrain for the MA. You don't need vBases to create GV combat on a terrain. That is a very myopic, balkinised centric, and inexperienced view of how terrains work.

And you promised you had canceled your account and would no longer participate in our game. So this is a personal drive by getting under the Skuzzy rules with me.....small and lame.

I saw how deep an steep the canyons walls  were on the screen shots you published before. Unless you have GV spawns that cross the big lake....yes it is a GV restrictive map Turn that lake into a 25 k mountain and see how the fly boys like it 

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2018, 02:13:25 PM »
It looks beautiful even as a clipboard map Bustr, thanks for all your hard work.

Is 5 miles per road the minimum length or is that now a fixed distance for an MA terrain?

When I tested the create all roads and tracks, they were laid down as 5 miles by the system. You can lay down unlimited length dummy roads, but, I sent Hitech a PM about a test I did with one I setup doing a lot of snake curves. The mask tool didn't remove any of the trees in the road bed.

I need to do another test of dummy roads and make the curves less aggressive to see if that was the problem. Also test it across all of the terrain tiles I'm using in this terrain to see if the mask tool has problems with some of the tiles. I suppose I should do this in a way that it's more like beta testing so I can submit the results in the Bug forum since I'll be needing the paths to work soon for submission to the MA. Remember everything I went through with the last terrain and bridges.....
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2018, 02:22:41 PM »
I saw how deep an steep the canyons walls  were on the screen shots you published before. Unless you have GV spawns that cross the big lake....yes it is a GV restrictive map Turn that lake into a 25 k mountain and see how the fly boys like it

Wow, you have jumped the shark tank and taken the shark with you to pismo beach. You also didn't read anything I posted, like the boarder of the terrain is 12k graded down to the central pond and that the canyon land is just to fill empty space. Hitech didn't like my wall joke and asked me to not to joke like that. Bet you didn't even bother to look at the ongoing 600+ screen capture documentation of all 5 months of this topography construction in the terrain editor forum before my picture host lost their DNS registration. But, the new registration allowed for at least the last month of screen captures which would have been enough for any "reasonable" person.

You really got the lame jonesies to stick it to me if you can get away with it under the SkuzzyDAR. That is so small dude.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2018, 02:26:24 PM »
Since I don't know what the () you are talking about, it's 100% a bustr map.

:rofl  :aok
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)