Author Topic: Whoever the TOD 2 CM/Target assigner is:  (Read 3925 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Whoever the TOD 2 CM/Target assigner is:
« on: September 07, 2001, 10:06:00 AM »
MAG-33 will have to stand down tonight due to a target assigned that is too far for our aircraft to reach.  Until we are assigned a secondary target, I'm recommending to my squad that we stand down.

(FYI: Did alot of Offline testing with fuel modifier at 1.5.)

[ 09-07-2001: Message edited by: Ripsnort ]

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2001, 10:17:00 AM »
As I said in the e-mail your target remains the same and we can adjust the fuel mod.

No shows can really foul things up for the rest of us.

If a squad ever does a "no show" I will remove them from the TOD.
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2001, 10:22:00 AM »
What can I say, they've assigned a target that is impossible to hit with the fuel modifier at 1.5.  Until I get confirmation from Sabre on the fuel modifier, we stand down.  Even then, if fuel modifier is at 1.0...we cannot carry bombs that distance and expect to make it home...its 550 miles round trip.

Bottom line: At 1.0 or 1.5, the mission objectives cannot be met.  I've tested them offline.  Now you threaten to throw my squad off the TOD because we made a decision that scoring 0 points is better than giving up XXXX points to the enemy in an impossible task thats been assigned to us??  Great TOD ya got going here.

:mad:

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2001, 11:22:00 AM »
We'll swap sides and take it if need be.

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2001, 11:31:00 AM »
550 miles round trip?  Mindanao map is only 250 miles on a side.  That's some pretty serious map coverage if you've got 550 miles to go round trip.  Not only that, but will 550 miles would barely fit in the scenario's time frame if you have to loiter at all.
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2001, 11:49:00 AM »
First – I don’t threaten. A squad that has less than 66% show up can lose their slot. It has been in the rules since we started this. It was a reminder. Call it what you like.

Second – If by error a squad was assigned an impossible target or were unable to fly back to base because the fuel mod was wrong we would not count them lost.  The CM group has always been fair and reasonable. I am surprised you would think otherwise. If a C.O. took less than 100% fuel and drop tanks then it would be their own fault. Like I did to my squad in frame 3.

Third – If two of the CM’s were not out of town or dealing with real life issues and I was not picking up the slack I suppose this might not have happened. For that I am sorry. If you want to wait to hear from rojo that is up to you.

Forth – Your e-mail to me did not state that a fuel mod of 1.0 would not work. Also I read them out the door to work and did not have time to check them myself. Again I should not be the one to deal with these matters, but rojo and cobra. FYI even cobra can’t make it so Ozark is stepping in to set up the TOD.

Lastly if you want to throw out the baby with the bath water rip I will not stop you, but that would be short sighted and have consequences for you and your whole squad for months to come.

Your call.
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2001, 12:13:00 PM »
I've taken my prozac medication (Thks Ghosth!)
Issue has been resolved.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2001, 12:16:00 PM »
Originally posted by Nifty:
550 miles round trip?  Mindanao map is only 250 miles on a side.  

On one edge its 250..think hypotenus.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2001, 12:19:00 PM »
Originally posted by Fatty:
We'll swap sides and take it if need be.

Okay! your on.  Bring a Mae West!  ;)

Actually, spoke with Ghosth, he's resolving the error by the CM team. Thanks for cooperation Ghosth!

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2001, 12:26:00 PM »
Rip, why do you always go for the theatrical extreme right away? Wouldn't it have been more productive to notify us of the situation, and offer to work with us to find a remedy to the situation?

I can think of at least one potential solution to this problem, in additon to the fuel modifier. Perhaps we can consider that you're squad has rtb'd safely if it gets to grid x.x.x after hitting your target.

Anyway, I'm sure we can work out something that would be acceptable. We're not blaming you for the error in mission creation, it sounds like the CM in charge of setting the mission up made a mistake. But I'm disappointed that your first idea would be to threaten to not show up. That isn't going to help your squad or the rest of the people out at all.

Daddog, call me at home this afternoon if you get the chance.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2001, 12:32:00 PM »
I did banana, yesterday, nothing resolved as this morning, up to about 1/2 hour ago.  Makes for a mighty short time for my planning, but we'll get by, thks for your concern    :rolleyes:

I might add, it wasn't a threat, it was basically saying "Look, no ones resolved this, they are asking to do a suicidal mission.  We have no other choice than to stand down, since I wouldn't be able to ask folks to "Do this, though you will not succeed".

You had no idea how many emails went back and forth before you posted, did you?

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2001, 12:49:00 PM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort:

On one edge its 250..think hypotenus.

I did.   ;)  A21 to A60 is about 200mi east and 125mi north.  that's 250mi on a straight line.  If that's somewhat along the lines of your mission plan...  OUCH...  you'd only be flying over 160 miles of enemy territory.  One way.   :p
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2001, 12:50:00 PM »
Play nice boys!!!

Not to dogpile on Rip here, I just have technical questions:

Rip are you sure on those fuel figures?  1.0 multiplier is real life fuel consumption, so all the Allied planes in this one should be able to go 1000+ miles on internal fuel.  Even with bombs, you shouldn't have trouble with 550 miles.  

Did you try reducing throttle?  Best cruise should be in the neighborhood of 250 mph.  Remember RPM reductions in AH just kill your range.

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2001, 12:52:00 PM »
Rip, the success of this TOD(and all special events) depends upon the cooperation between the CM's and the players.

Let's get one thing straight: We are not in your service. You have no right to demand anything from the CM's. We are not employees of HTC so you can just stop with the digruntled customer routine. You are biting the hand that feeds you, I would have thought that you were smart enough to know that. Your lack of patience in getting this situation resolved has pissed off the person who spent virtually his whole summer getting this TOD off the ground(daddog), and I'm doing everything I can to prevent him from washing his hands of the whole TOD.

Every time you go off on the CM's and assume the worst you are helping to destroy what we're trying to build for the community.

Anytime you want to get off your high horse and join the CM team just let me know. You should walk a mile or two in our shoes before you go spouting off about how we're trying to screw you.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2001, 01:12:00 PM »
Excuse me banana? Where did I demand? Come again sir?  Lets take it private banana, the rest of the guys don't want to hear what I have for a reply.