Author Topic: First Time (OR) Program Will Not Load  (Read 1209 times)

Offline Husker

• Zinc Member
First Time (OR) Program Will Not Load
« on: April 23, 2018, 07:15:14 PM »
Nothing I searched for turned up so I'll ask direct here. Trying to load the game from Oculus desktop. Everything tracks fine, the handsets get picked up. But when I try to load the game it white screens me and then says it's taking a while, to check the desktop. I never get to the centering screen I've seen in the videos. Thanks.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
Re: First Time (OR) Program Will Not Load
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 09:11:12 PM »
Did you originally install the standalone game or reinstall from the Oculus store?

Offline Husker

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2018, 09:17:53 PM »
From the Oculus Store.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2018, 05:59:00 AM »
Need to see a DXDIAG output.  Post it as an attachment please.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2018, 12:15:25 PM »
Wait a minute.

If I understand you correctly, you are trying to launch the game from the Oculus site.  That may not work.

Make sure you enable the option to allow other applications to run externally of the site and simply install the standard game and run the DX11 version (should be by default) and that should fix it.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2018, 02:55:12 PM »
Nothing I searched for turned up so I'll ask direct here. Trying to load the game from Oculus desktop. Everything tracks fine, the handsets get picked up. But when I try to load the game it white screens me and then says it's taking a while, to check the desktop. I never get to the centering screen I've seen in the videos. Thanks.
Skuzzy's right.
If you load the ah3 DX11 directly from windows, you get a popup asking if you want to use Oculus.
If you load from inside Oculus, you won't see the popup between the Oculus window and the ah3 window on your windows desktop. That means you'll need to take the headset off, minimize the Oculus window and click yes in the popup window.

:cheers:
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2018, 03:34:20 PM »
Skuzzy's right.
If you load the ah3 DX11 directly from windows, you get a popup asking if you want to use Oculus.
If you load from inside Oculus, you won't see the popup between the Oculus window and the ah3 window on your windows desktop. That means you'll need to take the headset off, minimize the Oculus window and click yes in the popup window.

:cheers:
...and if you have any Windows Mixed Reality headset, it'll ask you if you wan to use "OpenVR".... :x

When I had a Rift, I would just launch it out of Steam as I found the Rift interface a little clunky - or direct from the windows taskbar where I had AHDX11 mounted.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 03:35:51 PM by Mister Fork »
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Pluto

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2018, 03:45:10 PM »
If it's installed through oculus you shouldn't get that message
Do you still have a previous installation on your computer?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 03:46:52 PM by Pluto »

Offline Husker

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2018, 05:51:49 PM »
Pluto, Yes I do. I'm going to try to direct download to the computer and load it that way.

Offline Husker

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2018, 08:22:08 PM »
Same issue with the direct download. It offers the option to use VR, but it still reports that the loading is taking longer than expected. Which screen from the DX do you need?

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2018, 05:40:03 AM »
Use the "Save All Information" button to save the information to a text file and then post that as an attachment.

Did you remove the game before installing the full version from our WEB site?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2018, 07:10:25 AM »

I think it tells you to check the desktop to see if there's a "this program has quit responding" message. Because when games crash you don't see anything else going on in VR you see the error message on the desktop.

So when you get this message and you remove your Oculus what do you see on the desktop?  Does it look like Aces High is running normally and you can go play? or has it crashed?

If it has crashed there should be a dmp file it creates.
Is there anything sitting in C:\Program Files\Oculus\Software\Software\hitech-creations-aces-high\temp for the oculus version or
ending in .dmp at C:\Hitech Creations\Aces High III\temp for the non oculus version?

Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Husker

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2018, 05:05:34 PM »
So just on pure luck when I right clicked the EXE, I saw something that said "run with graphics processor" I clicked my NVIDIA card, and BOOM she works as advertised. SA is through the roof, target tracking, just... FML this is nice.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 05:26:32 PM by Husker »

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2018, 05:33:11 PM »
I was going to ask you that when I saw the dxdiag.   :aok

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2018, 08:01:31 PM »
So just on pure luck when I right clicked the EXE, I saw something that said "run with graphics processor" I clicked my NVIDIA card, and BOOM she works as advertised. SA is through the roof, target tracking, just... FML this is nice.

If it's not a laptop it may be worth disabling the onboard graphics in the BIOS.