Author Topic: Saying hello  (Read 1466 times)

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Re: Saying hello
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2018, 04:11:51 PM »
Welcome, Farmdog!   :salute

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2018, 04:26:25 PM »
Welcome to the game.

:salute
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2018, 04:41:28 PM »
Welcome :cheers:
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2018, 04:44:58 PM »
Welcome Farmdog, you will find there are still people here from AW3, myself included.   :cheers:
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Goat1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2018, 05:00:28 PM »
Welcome to the game Farmdog!
 :cheers:
Goat
"Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer." — Major Thomas B. 'Tommy' McGuire, USAAF

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2018, 08:01:01 PM »
Welcome to the addiction
Molsman, Crazy8s , Crazyman
JG11, DerWanderZirkus, -The Flying Clowns-

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2018, 10:37:32 PM »
Welcome..have fun!
 :cheers:
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2018, 12:16:01 AM »
 :banana:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2018, 07:53:33 AM »
Welcome Farmdog... I came from AW as well  :salute

"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2018, 08:37:24 AM »
Welcome to the game Farmdog, sounds to me like you have the patience to play this game and allow your skills to develop.  Yesterday as you may recall I attacked your buffs.  You did not shoot at me as I was inbound and only shot as I passed you and was outbound.  You've got to get those guns on as I come in, and you were not leading enough when you did shoot and your rounds were going behind me.  I hope this helps and look forward to you shooting me down soon!  best of luck to you sir.  Farmdog is my friend :)
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2018, 09:32:09 AM »

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2018, 10:30:01 AM »
Welcome to my world    farmdog99a.

HiTech

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2018, 10:44:43 AM »
Welcome aboard Farmdog. It is all about fun. Just enjoy doing what you want to do, this is not work after all.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline farmdog99a

• Zinc Member
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2018, 08:48:53 AM »
Welcome to the game Farmdog, sounds to me like you have the patience to play this game and allow your skills to develop.  Yesterday as you may recall I attacked your buffs.  You did not shoot at me as I was inbound and only shot as I passed you and was outbound.  You've got to get those guns on as I come in, and you were not leading enough when you did shoot and your rounds were going behind me.  I hope this helps and look forward to you shooting me down soon!  best of luck to you sir.  Farmdog is my friend :)

You are dog meat sir;) :). Good shooting on your part though ;). This is what i posted to steam 1 hour ago. I sent email to them. I guess it might be seen in 100 years. I have never ever posted a review before on steam :( :(. Not very happy about that i cannot even comment (just comment i mean, not 'review') after 3-4 years? wow.

Anyway:

Hi, i tried to write review 'officially' but seems review system is down? :(. Well no matter. My 1st Steam Review :). 1st of all - i have read others comments. I have NEVER played this game EVER. So i am no 'fan boy' :). Lets get to it. This is a hardcore WW2 Simulation. I repeat, it is a Sim. Its not like that those 'other' flight sims/games on here called <redated for legal reasons>. This is a true Simulator. Fighters, Bombers, Ground Vehicles (tanks etc) even ships. It takes time to 'learn' this game. You CAN go kind of 'arcade' mode, fly up within 5 minutes. What WILL happen is you will get shot down nearly instantly. I know because i tried that :). The downfalls of this game is the very very steep learning curve and lack of website 'help'. That can be  alievated by asking in game chat (help chat channel it is on 24/7) or on game forum). This is NOT a game for <redacted for legal reasons) type 'flight sim players'. It IS a true WW2 online flight sim. On the UP side = there are NO 'microtransactions' AT ALL. You can get better planes. Only way? by earning them the hard way :). After 2 week trial it is flat fee $15 a month. I did post on game forum saying 'hi' (farmdog). Well that was my 1st Steam review. Try it for 2 weeks BUT, it is not an arcade flight game.

Copy and pasted word for word from steam.

I do, myself have some Qs. Yesterday. In my team (Knights) there was (even after reboot), guys on our team/country, where on the map they was orange color. Why is that?. I mean, why are those guys orange, (ie, enemy color) and all other friendlies are green?

When 'strat' bases are 'down', when you send a C-47 with Airfield supplies, why does it not go from 0% to higher? ( i mean after you get the message saying supplies received)

Finally, are there any better maps for Airfields etc, than the 'Clipboard maps'?

Thanks for the welcome. Gonna crack on tomorrow bombing ;)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2018, 10:06:00 AM »
Hello Farmdog,

Glad to hear that you are enjoying Aces High!

What your describing regarding "orange icon" team members means that you are either on the same vox channel and/or could also mean you have joined a squad...

In the game's GUI settings you can set up different colors for countrys, squdmates, wingman, etc....but the orange color is the default for what I posted above

Hope this helps

~S~

TC

(another old player from AW)
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC