Author Topic: PUBG Worth It?  (Read 1371 times)

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
PUBG Worth It?
« on: May 21, 2018, 12:40:53 AM »
I was watching some YouTube videos of PUBG and they looked pretty interesting. 
Then I saw the Steam reviews, which are not all that great.
Just wondering if anyone here plays and what are your opinions of the game.

Coogan  :headscratch:
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
Re: PUBG Worth It?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 01:12:59 AM »
I love the game. It can be super rewarding or super frustrating depending on the night, more so than most other games. It is like this game in a way, you have to stick it out through the being terrible stage to get the value out of it.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline Nypsy

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 07:04:55 AM »
My son plays and loves it.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 08:09:14 AM »
It is well worth the $30.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2018, 02:10:16 PM »
Very worth it, I think you'll find general agreement from the majority who play or have played it.

For the $, next to CS:GO, probably one of the better values in gaming out there right now.

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2018, 06:16:18 PM »
Thanks for the replies. (glad they were positive)   :aok
I ordered it and downloading now.  Hopefully I can hook up with some of you guys on there. 
My internet is pretty slow, but I should be up and running by tomorrow morning.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2018, 08:24:02 PM »
You'd be better off spending your money on Fortnite, it's actually a lot better and accessible than PUBG.  Problem with PUBG is that it blew up so quickly that the small studio is actually overwhelmed by its success and got caught flat footed by Fortnite's version of Battle Royal, which is why Epic's game has a far larger population than PUBG's and is steadily increasing while PUBG's numbers have pretty much stabilized and has seen some drop in numbers.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2018, 07:02:22 AM »
Fortnite is addictive
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2018, 10:37:28 AM »
Got a lot of hours into pupg but thats only because i play that game with friends who are not into flying... The game is one big buggy mess. cars that fly into the sky suddenly when you drive them for example and you die with 3 ppl left in the game.

The game is pretty fun at times tough.

If you think you like the game buy it and try it. if you dont like it just refund the game trough steam.

I personally am waiting for hell let loose to be released. seams like loads of fun!!!

Cheers,
DutchVII
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2018, 10:57:03 AM »
You'd be better off spending your money on Fortnite, it's actually a lot better and accessible than PUBG.  Problem with PUBG is that it blew up so quickly that the small studio is actually overwhelmed by its success and got caught flat footed by Fortnite's version of Battle Royal, which is why Epic's game has a far larger population than PUBG's and is steadily increasing while PUBG's numbers have pretty much stabilized and has seen some drop in numbers.
Spending money on fortnite? When I got the Fortnite BR I thought it was free have they started charging people for the BR side of the game now?...oh and explain the difference in their BR setup compared to PUBGs other then the graphics and building? BR is BR.....I remember you saying Battle Royal formats weren't going to go anywhere when I brought up H1Z1 years ago....

If you play competitive shooters like CSGO where you like out aiming other players PUBG is 1000% better then Fortnite...the top Fortnite players like Ninja and Myth ect ect all build to win fights which is cool but if you are a die hard shooter gamer it isn't great.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2018, 11:02:34 AM »
Fortnite looks like the old BattleField Hero's but skinned with Marvel comic hero's.

I really don't understand the appeal of it...yet my boys love it more than anything else right now...

PUGB - my boys also have been bugging me to play it...maybe I'll dive in and pick it up... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2018, 08:28:03 PM »
Spending money on fortnite? When I got the Fortnite BR I thought it was free have they started charging people for the BR side of the game now?...oh and explain the difference in their BR setup compared to PUBGs other then the graphics and building? BR is BR.....I remember you saying Battle Royal formats weren't going to go anywhere when I brought up H1Z1 years ago....

If you play competitive shooters like CSGO where you like out aiming other players PUBG is 1000% better then Fortnite...the top Fortnite players like Ninja and Myth ect ect all build to win fights which is cool but if you are a die hard shooter gamer it isn't great.

You remember incorrectly.  I never said BR type games wouldn't succeed, I said H1Z1 wasn't going to be successful and I was correct.  Daybreak Games recently let go most of those working on that game because the game isn't meeting their expectations.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2018, 01:47:08 AM »
Fortnite is not only free to play, but the developers actually care and add new things to gameplay almost weekly. While pubg is more call of duty looking and more realistic to the eye. Fortnite is very high skill cap. Not only is your shooting have to be on point it’s your building and editing of builds that make you better too.

I highly recommend Fortnite

Also if there is Xbox1 players add me: Rustylugnutz69
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 01:48:48 AM by JOACH1M »
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline stealth

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2018, 02:00:11 AM »
It's very fun, just be aware on PC the hackers can be very plentiful. They've banned thousands and counting on PC. On console you don't experience it as much for Xbox One. Either way still very fun with a nice learning curb.
My Email is ACalex88@gmail.com if you want to contact me

"I shall fear no evil, for I am 80,000 feet and climbing"

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2018, 02:37:50 AM »
It's very fun, just be aware on PC the hackers can be very plentiful. They've banned thousands and counting on PC. On console you don't experience it as much for Xbox One. Either way still very fun with a nice learning curb.

Well I've been playing for about 5 days now.  I find it fun and worth the money, since there is no monthly fee.
I agree there is quite a bit to learn.  I'm mainly working on a strategy that will get me up into the top ten.  I've been there a few times so far.
Hopefully I don't acquire the anger issues that some people on YouTube get when they lose. (funny to watch them get triggered though)

Coogan 
Game Id's: