Author Topic: Most dangerous plane in the game  (Read 6982 times)

Offline FX1

• Silver Member
Most dangerous plane in the game
« on: May 21, 2018, 03:29:20 PM »
B17! Or Perked B29. Their is a 60% chance of heavy damage or death. I would rather fight three tempest instead of a flight of 17's.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 03:31:37 PM by FX1 »

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
Re: Most dangerous plane in the game
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 03:30:44 PM »
No, the most dangerous plane in the game is any one that I might be fighting at the moment.   :joystick: :x :bolt:
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 03:44:24 PM »
B17! Or Perked B29. Their is a 60% chance of heavy damage or death. I would rather fight three tempest instead of a flight of 17's.

You should re-evaluate your  current attack profiles vs bombers then ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 03:50:41 PM »

You should re-evaluate your  current attack profiles vs bombers then ;)

^
THIS

ALL bombers are easy if you take the time to come at them right. Rush it and your dead more often tahn not.

Offline FX1

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2018, 03:56:32 PM »
Maybe, only real weakness that I have found is a HO. Is their a trick because I haven't found one.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2018, 04:02:57 PM »
I typically make high angle, high speed passes from the front top.  Rarely take damage.

I am more worried about b26s due to their speed and my lack of patience needed to get in position on them for a successful attack.  Let alone doing it 3 times.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2018, 04:13:01 PM »

You’re not attacking them right.  B-17s are easy. 

B-29s are harder because you can rarely find them low enough to bounce and they’re fast. 
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2018, 04:13:12 PM »
Maybe, only real weakness that I have found is a HO. Is their a trick because I haven't found one.

The HO ain't that good, because it leaves you little time to aim&fire, puts you in a bad position to set up follow up attacks and a good gunner might get you because you are coming straight at him.

Overhead frontal quarter attacks are one of those that can work quite well, especially if you have a cannon equipped plane. This is the one most difficult to counter for enemy gunners, the rapidly changing angles and high speed of closure makes you a most challenging target. Give enough lead when aiming and let the bomber fly through your stream of shells. Depending on tactical situation, a lower frontal quarter attack may work as well, or even better (for example when you are in a jet vs B-29s, the devastating upper front turret with its 4x.50 can be avoided by this)

A proper set up is very important, most fighters die to a astonishing lack of patience - they may stalk a bomber for 15 minutes but refuse to invest another three for the final setup, flying up to the bombers six instead. Get to speed, get into position. Before attacking, already think about egress and set up of your follow up attacks.

And best fly a lot of bomber sorties yourself.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2018, 04:16:41 PM »
I typically make high angle, high speed passes from the front top.  Rarely take damage.

I am more worried about b26s due to their speed and my lack of patience needed to get in position on them for a successful attack.  Let alone doing it 3 times.

This also works from the rear.   B-26s don’t bother me as long as I am fast and dive through them.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2018, 04:17:25 PM »
Get a really big gun and shoot them out of range.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2018, 04:35:25 PM »
This also works from the rear.   B-26s don’t bother me as long as I am fast and dive through them.

number one reason why I always dive for the ground in my 26s.  specially if over water.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2018, 04:37:08 PM »

Coming from the front will increase your closure speed, and get you in and out of shooting range for both players guns quicker, decreasing the amount of time spent soaking up bullets.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2018, 04:38:29 PM »
Fly in the same direction as the target bomber set. Position yourself above the bombers, slightly ahead and slightly offset to one side so that you can just see the target behind the trailing edge of your wing. Icon range should be 1.5-2.0K at this point. Roll into the target so that you are inverted overhead an pull nose down until you can line up the target. Roll back level and open fire at about 800 yards, letting the bomber pass through the stream. You should pass the target just behind it in a dive. Pass under your target and begin a zoom climb ahead of it until you are back in your starting position. Repeat until the set is dead - should take 3 passes with any decently armed fighter.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2018, 05:44:10 PM »
number one reason why I always dive for the ground in my 26s.  specially if over water.

semp

Won’t matter.   While that reduces my error margin I’ll still dive through and zoom back up.  Instead of a duck under I can offset to the side going away to clear guns range before zooming.   You can’t change gun positions fast enough to hit me (usually).

If I have alt I will kill a B-26 no matter where it is.   If you’re low it only changes the speed and angle I prefer to have in the attack to foil the gunners.  When you’re lower I will attack at a higher speed if I can.   I will dive through going away then zoom up and to the right or left to foil your aim.     Half roll over the top and repeat.   
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 05:51:25 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2018, 05:45:35 PM »
Coming from the front will increase your closure speed, and get you in and out of shooting range for both players guns quicker, decreasing the amount of time spent soaking up bullets.

My angle to them is always changing which foils their gun solution.  They don’t get much of a shot when I’m doing 450+ and I land more damage than I would in a head on.    All I do is adjust my lead as I close.

With your 38 that cone of fire probably does more damage in a head on than the Mustang I usually fly.    I will HO bombers, but it’s not my preference. 

« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 06:02:00 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned