Author Topic: Most dangerous plane in the game  (Read 6978 times)

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
Re: Most dangerous plane in the game
« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2018, 04:06:29 PM »
Thats fine when you show up with 5-10k advantage. Different story when you are upping to defend a field or cv. By the time youve climbed that high, hes rtb or landing his damage points.

Anyone diving my high 6 is gonna take damage even if going 450 kts. Might not kill them but they arent gonna be rearming either.

100% true, and im a piss poor bomber gunner

Online Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: May 28, 2018, 04:13:26 PM »
Thats fine when you show up with 5-10k advantage. Different story when you are upping to defend a field or cv. By the time youve climbed that high, hes rtb or landing his damage points.

Then they better sink it on the first pass, because I'll be on station hunting them for round two.  I don't need 5-10K' either.   Nowhere near that much.   Heck, 3K' is plenty if I'm already at max cruise speed or close to it.

Anyone diving my high 6 is gonna take damage even if going 450 kts. Might not kill them but they arent gonna be rearming either.

I'll take that bet.  I'll win 8 of 10 at least with no damage—certainly none of significance if I stick to my profile.  A ping here or there?   Meh.    I'll rearm as long as nothing is hurt to the point of failure--like a gun.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 04:41:28 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Online Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: May 28, 2018, 04:14:52 PM »

0% true, especially if you are poor bomber gunner.   The only guys I even remotely worry about are APP75, Elec1, and maybe Ordy if he is in a B-26 on the deck.   Could be one or two others but that's it.   If I have height and speed you're dead via the profile previously described.  If I get impatient and attack/re-attack outside those parameters then all bets are off.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 04:39:38 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 28, 2018, 06:24:57 PM »

If that is true for you, you aren't a piss poor, but one of the better bomber gunners in game (which you very well may actually be, as with most things the 'average skill' is far lower than most forum posters seem to think)
High and fast 6 o clock attacks had been a standard of mine when attacking low to med bombers in US (=.50cal) planes. There were few players being capable of consistently applying heavy damage to my planes with this attack profile.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #64 on: May 31, 2018, 04:37:11 PM »
Most dangerous plane is mine.  I know someone is going to die in it :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: May 31, 2018, 09:11:58 PM »
Most dangerous plane is mine.  I know someone is going to die in it

Heh.

- oldman

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: June 04, 2018, 07:01:45 PM »
Ki-43.
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: June 05, 2018, 09:40:14 AM »
I would argue 109 K4 or the Ta152 in the correct hands these are untouchable.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: June 05, 2018, 07:19:18 PM »
In the correct hands, both of those planes will bore you to death.

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2018, 01:52:23 AM »
I once had a 152 Boom zoom extend out of icon range and return (BnZEooRnR) me for so long that I stepped out of my mossie infront of the quad hisponos and asked my navigator to pull the trigger.
True story.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2018, 08:16:42 AM »
To each their own. Stall fighting the 152 was my favorite thing to do in the game. Never used it to BnZ.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2018, 09:30:09 AM »
Spit XVI, While not the fastest its imo more dangerous that for ex a K-4. Even a Brewster can be dangerous if it has the alt advantage but a spit 16 can fight its way out even if it starts in a disadvantageous position. And even an average player can succeed in a 16 without hovering 5k above the rest.
It can also take enough ord to be a good tank buster so it can ruin the day for the tanker boys too.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2018, 09:59:30 AM »
Spit XVI, While not the fastest its imo more dangerous that for ex a K-4. Even a Brewster can be dangerous if it has the alt advantage but a spit 16 can fight its way out even if it starts in a disadvantageous position. And even an average player can succeed in a 16 without hovering 5k above the rest.
It can also take enough ord to be a good tank buster so it can ruin the day for the tanker boys too.

"It's the man, not the machine." - Gen. Chuck Yeager

I've been outclassed by skilled pilots in inferior machines before. I keep engaged because sometimes it's like watching a ballet and it's just as beautiful to watch them perform knowing full well I'm going to be in a chute in a matter of minutes. 

If pilots are equally skilled, then the machine matters.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 10:02:39 AM by Mister Fork »
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline bangsbox

• Silver Member
« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2018, 12:38:12 PM »
P-47D-11 with this skin is the most dangerous plane in the game. If you see it, your'e already in the tower.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2018, 01:17:21 PM »
:aok INDEED,Sir! Why it is my favorite. Gets enough alt(quickly) to dive bomb and its E building properties lend itself to descent defensive dog fighting as well(from a disadvantaged situation). I love it!  :rock
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain