Author Topic: TOD Questions  (Read 858 times)

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
TOD Questions
« on: October 18, 2001, 10:38:00 AM »
Okay guys,

As you know the Nightmares are flying in Seven Days in September and I have read through the rules but I have a quick couple of questions that they don't cover.

[list=1]
  • If a pilot gets disconnected does that count as his one life? Or can he reup? Or is there a time limit for reupping do to disconnects? Say he can reup in the first 30 minutes of the frame if he disconnects?
  • In the rules it said you were working on a parser to automatically grab results (deaths, sorties, objects destroyed, etc.). Is this parser in place or do I have to create an AAR of my groups results and submit it to somebody (?daddog, GhostH?)
  • I take it that you can land and either re-arm or re-up from a functioning friendly base. Is this correct?
  • In line with the above question I take it if you decide to replane instead of re-arming that you must launch from the base you landed at. Meaning if you can't launch from their since that base is damage that basically you are finished for the night. Am I correct in this assumption?
  • [/list=a]

Sorry to bother you guys with these questions and I am sure if I dig through the message board I might be able to find the answers. But since the Nightmares are in and I have basically today to get information and organize my pilots please forgive me for posting here to get quick answers instead of doing some digging on the message boards.

Any answers are appreciated.
X.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
CM Terrain Team

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
TOD Questions
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2001, 11:39:00 AM »
1.If a pilot gets disconnected does that count as his one life? Or can he reup? Or is there a time limit for reupping do to disconnects? Say he can reup in the first 30 minutes of the frame if he disconnects?

Disco's can reup in the first 30 minutes of frame. Strike aircraft reupping later in the frame tend to drag things out, hence the 30 min rule. Also since I'm greedy & like to fly these events myself. It gives me a chance to lock things down & fly with fewer problems to deal with.

IF you disco, contact me priv, tell me that you disco'd, what field, & plane you were in.
When you see a "GO" in blue text, roll immediately. Once on the runway in the correct plane PLEASE tell me so I can close the field again.

2.In the rules it said you were working on a parser to automatically grab results (deaths, sorties, objects destroyed, etc.). Is this parser in place or do I have to create an AAR of my groups results and submit it to somebody (?daddog, GhostH?)

Exile has the parser in place and is slowly working the bugs out of the scoring system.
Post an AAR in the TOD forum if you like but as far as I know it's optional.

3.I take it that you can land and either re-arm or re-up from a functioning friendly base. Is this correct?

Rearm yes, you can land & rearm refuel anytime. Reup no, if you exit your plane for whatever reason your done for the night.
You've got one plane, bang it up, bring it back shot up, kill eng on landing, whatever.
It's going to be in the shop till next weeks frame.

Also, PLEASE wait for my word before launching. It really messes with the scoreing
if you go OTR before I have the logs open.

Last, CO's should print their orders when they recieve them. Then if in doubt FOLLOW orders given.

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
TOD Questions
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2001, 11:51:00 AM »
Ghosth,

Thanks for the quick reply. I will inform my pilots of the disco rules (and informing you privately of the situation) and that they can re-arm but not replane.
CM Terrain Team

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
TOD Questions
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2001, 04:11:00 PM »
One more quick question .. what is the fuel consumption rate set at to in TOD? 1x or 2x?
CM Terrain Team

Offline Ghosth

• Plutonium Member
TOD Questions
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2001, 11:20:00 PM »
Current frame fuel multi is set to 1.0

It has been set to 1.5 also depending on terrain & distances involved.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
TOD Questions
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2001, 07:56:00 AM »
Ghst, you have a private message from me.
<S>

Offline Ghosth

• Plutonium Member
TOD Questions
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2001, 09:08:00 AM »
Rip I didn't see it. Whats up bro?

billj69@qwest.net

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
TOD Questions
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2001, 09:13:00 AM »
Sent you mail, but you can check the TOD 3 Frame 1 scores, shows our kills, but no points awarded.

Offline Exile

• Gold Member
      • http://www.simladder.com/
TOD Questions
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2001, 09:15:00 AM »
we're still deciding on the point value for the 262

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
TOD Questions
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2001, 09:29:00 AM »
I would say at least 100, them bastards are hard to catch unless you use deception!   ;)

"Anytime you can engage, and disengage the enemy at will, you've won 1/2 the battle"
Chuck Yeager

[ 10-19-2001: Message edited by: Ripsnort ]