Author Topic: Text is unreadable on clipboard  (Read 2247 times)

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
Re: Text is unreadable on clipboard
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2018, 02:51:34 PM »
I have this problem too.. Subscribed
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2018, 03:01:47 PM »
@Scca - Just FYI, the readability of the clipboard text was completely fixed for me by the last patch.   

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2018, 09:51:40 PM »
Just to illustrate the differences in text quality I think we're talking about.  The top screen shot of the clipboard was taken in January of 2017, the bottom was taken this morning.

The problem noticed earlier is back, and I have found its related to high AA and/or AF settings being enabled on my video card.  If I override application setting using Radeon Settings, the serif text in the clipboard (and game icons) looks terrible, like the 2nd screenshot below.  If I go back to using application settings, it looks fine (like top screenshot) whether or not I enable AA from the Graphics Options on the clipboard menu.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2018, 01:20:33 AM »
The problem noticed earlier is back, and I have found its related to high AA and/or AF settings being enabled on my video card.  If I override application setting using Radeon Settings, the serif text in the clipboard (and game icons) looks terrible, like the 2nd screenshot below.  If I go back to using application settings, it looks fine (like top screenshot) whether or not I enable AA from the Graphics Options on the clipboard menu.

As it often has been told by Skuzzy, AH has been built to run best with the video card settings being as default, i.e. application controlled. Thanks for sharing an example of what this means in practice.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2018, 08:40:57 AM »
I see a big difference in graphics quality when I use Radeon software to override application settings and set my own values Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering. 

I did find the culprit this morning though.  It's a setting called "Morphological Filtering".  If I enable it, the text looks terrible.   With MF disabled, its fine.  I think this problem has probably been here all along, i.e. I don't think it was "fixed" at one point only to be broken by a subsequent patch.  More likely it disappeared as a result of me playing with the card's settings and disabling MF.  I go back and forth between higher and lower settings depending whether I'm skinning or playing.

<S>