Author Topic: Navy Combat  (Read 4538 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Navy Combat
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2018, 03:00:32 PM »
Nothing wrong with new toys period! Never stop wishing!

Until Hitech changes the MA and it's game play format, I'm stuck working with it's limitations to help players have more opportunities to create activity. This means accepting we have limited numbers now, and cannot spread out feilds or create situations that allow half of your players to self segregate and ignore taking part in the larger initiatives. Time kills happiness when it is over balanced towards getting to the fight versus fighting, but, numbers attract numbers becasue of the activity. We will always have individuals who solo off on their own adventures as that should be available to serve those customers. So the more toys the better.

I'm laying in the final country's area wide road network on my new terrain now. I've got about 7 days, maybe less of work running the dummy roads between feilds in the last country following the terrain. All to hide the convoy spawns instead of having a bunch of roads to nowhere running off from feilds. Running roads and adjusting them to the terrain is an irritating time consuming PITA task. Especially with 28 rivers.

All of this to compress distances to shorten the time to a fight. Including the pond for the CV task groups to be constantly fighting each other. Time\distance and how it's managed is the big difference between our game and the competitors turn based match ups. This is about all the compression I can get pushing the MA rules for field distances.

Imagine laying in a road network for each country on this terrain.

Paths are in blue for both rivers and roads. It's easy to tell where the bridges are.

The red segment is the active convoy road, you can see why I'm laying in dummy roads to hide the active road so you have to sit around waiting to see which roads the convoy actually run on.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2018, 06:45:05 PM »
That's some amazing stuff.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2018, 04:33:22 PM »
ALL those flak batteries around the strats really has my attention. :x  I'm wondering what the puffy thickness will look like. :D  Looking really good. :aok
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2018, 05:26:47 PM »
I'm not sure, I just wanted to add some protection to this complex while giving strat raiders and bombing missions a good target to invest their time in. The comples is 16 miles diameter. I set the train track starting points close together in two locations at each complex so a strat raider might get lucky. All trains spawn at the same moment. I've completed the roads and tracks for Countries 1 and 2 and I'm working on Country 3 right now.

Country 1 strat complex. Ran a dummy road up to it if the lower field is ever captured.

Country 2 strat complex.

Country 3 strat complex, you can see it's waiting for me to work on it. I'm about 1\3 finished with Country 3 at this point. The auto populate lays the resupply roads and tracks east. I have to re-position all of them to fit the terrain.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2018, 12:12:47 AM »
 :rock

Very nice! :aok
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2018, 04:58:51 PM »
As a first step maybe we could make it easier (or possible for that matter, I don't know how you even do it,) to land a PT boat.

landing a PT Boat is easy
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2018, 05:02:09 PM »
Interesting thoughts Bustr. Thanks for sharing.  I'm making the assumption that Naval warfare will draw in a large crowd from the subsim.com group - in the hundreds (maybe even bigger).  No one has tied in a good flight combat model into Naval combat.  Aces High does a good job on the CV to CV or CV to BB or CV to field engagement. I'm just thinking about adding that extra layer of excitement... We don't want to compete with World of Warships ... we just want to offer a different experience.

Throw subs into the mix, and boy, you got a whole new world opening up - maybe adding ship supply convoy's... etc.

More targets for the Flyboys. :x

we don't need or have a use for subs---unless they subway samiches I can eat them all day heh gimmie gimmie--
Online Wiley <--this knows the score and is right
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 05:04:25 PM by lunatic1 »
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2018, 05:05:39 PM »
dang it Bustr why you always gotta try to make a post about you?

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2018, 05:13:41 PM »
Kinda doubt it. Sorry.

talk about taking a long time to play  I was falling asleep

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2018, 06:05:56 PM »

talk about taking a long time to play  I was falling asleep

Sub Sims appeal to Sub Simmers. (There is a time compression tool in game, btw.) AH isn't the environment for it, IMHO.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2018, 02:10:49 PM »
dang it Bustr why you always gotta try to make a post about you?

I know, show us what you got and then it will be all about you. Whining about others is so do nothing.....
bustr - POTW 1st Wing