Author Topic: Print screen option  (Read 2639 times)

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
Print screen option
« on: June 15, 2018, 12:54:29 AM »
Was trying to take a screen shot to post on the forums of my clipboard & Windows paint no longer seems to work in game.
Bug or by design.  :headscratch:

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
Re: Print screen option
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 01:45:03 AM »
The print/screen is kinda of funky with Paint.
I've good luck with the games' screen-shot.  (forget what the key bindings are though)  :frown:

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 02:52:40 AM »
The print/screen is kinda of funky with Paint.
I've good luck with the games' screen-shot.  (forget what the key bindings are though)  :frown:

Coogan

Always did work at some point a patch seems to have knocked that ability out.

Control V

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 08:04:28 AM »
I've always used a freeware program called MWSnap for taking screenshots from the desktop.

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2018, 09:14:21 PM »
Still worked for me.   After I open paint, I hit cntrl+v  and it loads my last screenshot.

One-eye
"One-Eye"

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2018, 10:11:00 PM »
Still worked for me.   After I open paint, I hit cntrl+v  and it loads my last screenshot.

One-eye

It works on AHIII now?
For me it works every place else except AHIII.

Online Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2018, 12:22:53 AM »
Always did work at some point a patch seems to have knocked that ability out.

Control V

Mine works intermittently.   Used to work 100% but a patch did indeed do something to it...
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2018, 12:56:53 AM »
It might help to use DDU to uninstall your video drivers and then reinstall with the latest version. Windows 10 is fickle that way.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2018, 01:32:05 AM »
could it be an "Windows" version thing? I am running a GTX1070 and screen shots work as always.
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2018, 03:39:09 AM »
could it be an "Windows" version thing? I am running a GTX1070 and screen shots work as always.

I have the same.
Could be Windows or a driver issue as mentioned by Chalenge?

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2018, 02:54:42 PM »
I prefer the in-game feature for screenshots, Alt+S, which allows for multiple screenshots minus the time it takes to save it. For the forum I usually preview the screenshots and use the Windows Snipping Tool for a nice small cropped image.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Online Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2018, 12:35:32 AM »
I prefer the in-game feature for screenshots, Alt+S, which allows for multiple screenshots minus the time it takes to save it. For the forum I usually preview the screenshots and use the Windows Snipping Tool for a nice small cropped image.

Alt S is okay for multiple shots in succession but it's slow.   When I want to take a shot then tab out for a quick look Prtscrn is much faster. 
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Online Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2018, 12:36:41 AM »
It might help to use DDU to uninstall your video drivers and then reinstall with the latest version. Windows 10 is fickle that way.

It happened to me in 7 also.  Not sure why.  Yeah, Windows.   Ugh.  Always something. 
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2018, 11:37:10 AM »
Alt S is okay for multiple shots in succession but it's slow.   When I want to take a shot then tab out for a quick look Prtscrn is much faster.
I agree it takes some time to save the image.

If the need is to take screenshots of things that happen fast like a flash, filming is one option. The film can then be stopped and the image saved with the tool of your choice.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2018, 01:46:27 PM »
I prefer the in-game option, especially for multiple screen shots. (here's why)

1. In-game (Alt-S) only takes a snapshot of the monitor you're playing on. (good in case you have another monitor doing something else)   
2. We can take multiple screenies in-game (Alt-S).  Not so with Print-Screen.  Print-Screen will overwrite the previous image if you use it more than once.

Just create a shortcut for the AHIII Screen saves.  You can make a desk-top shortcut, pin it to start, or even pin it to quick access if you so desire.
It's really not so hard to just drag & drop the image into Paint, once you get things arranged how you like them.

I'll stick to Alt-S

Coogan

From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear