Author Topic: Print screen option  (Read 2477 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: Print screen option
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2018, 01:09:02 AM »
I prefer the in-game option, especially for multiple screen shots. (here's why)

1. In-game (Alt-S) only takes a snapshot of the monitor you're playing on. (good in case you have another monitor doing something else)   
2. We can take multiple screenies in-game (Alt-S).  Not so with Print-Screen.  Print-Screen will overwrite the previous image if you use it more than once.

Just create a shortcut for the AHIII Screen saves.  You can make a desk-top shortcut, pin it to start, or even pin it to quick access if you so desire.
It's really not so hard to just drag & drop the image into Paint, once you get things arranged how you like them.

I'll stick to Alt-S

Coogan

The fact is we should have both. 

Drag and drop is an extra set of steps for me and it takes Windows forever (for some reason) to generate the thumbnails...which keeps you from scrolling through the images you grab with Alt S.   And please don’t tell me it’s my computer or OS.  This has been the same on six machines, XP, 7, and 10.

Both methods have their place.   To each his own, IMHO.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2018, 01:13:06 AM »
I agree it takes some time to save the image.

If the need is to take screenshots of things that happen fast like a flash, filming is one option. The film can then be stopped and the image saved with the tool of your choice.

I’ve always thought the film viewer quality was low.   I never bothered with it much after that realization.   This could be my settings or inexperience at work, but it just always seemed a tad fuzzy. 
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2018, 07:41:05 PM »
It always seemed to me that there were some host settings that were not preserved by film viewer. So, even if you setup a separate profile in NVidia Control Panel it would not have the same appearance as when you are online.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2018, 08:01:13 PM »
It always seemed to me that there were some host settings that were not preserved by film viewer. So, even if you setup a separate profile in NVidia Control Panel it would not have the same appearance as when you are online.

Hmmmmmmm........
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2018, 01:35:10 AM »
Sitting here wishing, watching, waiting.....

After reading the post of whoever said  "drag and drop images into MSpaint, or even Paint.net, or any graphics/paint/photo program

You can simply bypass the "drag and drop" step / procedure

All you need is a short cut to your screen shots folder on your desktop, then open up MSpaint or whichever program you desire and open a screen shot .... Then you can either set it up to where your program automatically opens up AH screenshots (talking about the AH screenshot file extension)....then you can take as many screenshots as you want and just click on the shortcut to the specific folder and load your pictures

Or most all of the graphics programs has a "recent files" tab that will automatically open a file from the screen shots folder and will reopen the folder to select the next picture you are wanting to view

3rd option - click on the shortcut to the screenshots folder and right click on a screen shot to use MS's preview (not sure if this option still works....might have to do some tweaking to make it work..... But it has worked for me in the past... I just can't remember how long ago that was)

I don't have any trouble of taking multiple screenshots in quick succession as fast as I can press Alt S,  then alt tabbing out of the game to my desktop and clicking my folder shortcut to immediately view  any screenshots as I might need.....

Hope this is helpful

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC