Author Topic: Need consistency on the rules:  (Read 1017 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Need consistency on the rules:
« on: January 07, 2002, 07:27:00 AM »
First off, several "known" players entered the arena asking for a 'walk on' status...they were welcomed by the CM and a squad picked them up.  Then, moments later, a not so well known pilot (newbie pilot) came in and the CM told him "this is a squadron invite only event, you cannot join us..."

So, whats the deal on the last minute invites ?

Offline ~Pyroman~

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.nightmares.org
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2002, 08:07:00 AM »
Hiya Ripsnort,
Actually my understanding of the Rules and from what I've seen in the past is that if someone comes in and wants to join up with a squad as a guest all they had to do was ask.  Then that squad just had to add them to the Roster on the TOD site.

I've seen that done many times in the past.  So when Fester and Drex showed up I asked Ghost since we had some openings if it was ok.  He gave me the ok so I signed them up.

Now with that being said if that newer guy would have shown up before either of them we would have signed them up instead.  

I for one do that because of how much I enjoy playing the TOD and I want everyone to have the same opportunity if there squad isn't signed up for it.  I'm sure you do too.     :D  

That's one thing about you Rip is you're a team player through and through!    :)

If that's against the rules let me know.  I don't believe it is though.

Cya in the game bro <S>

[ 01-07-2002: Message edited by: ~Pyroman~ ]

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2002, 08:21:00 AM »
I just want consistency.  These last min drop in's can delay the take off time...as it did Friday night.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2002, 08:22:00 AM »
Actually, I'd like to propose a "15 min rule" where no one is allowed to be a drop in the last 15 min. prior to the top of the hour.

Those guys had all week to contact a squad to join up, why do it moments before take off, or allow it for that matter?

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2002, 09:40:00 AM »
No walk on's. Period.

If I did not make this clear to the Setup CM and C.O.'s that is my fault. It is in the rules gents. The "guests" you have must have contacted you ahead of time.
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2002, 09:42:00 AM »
Thank you Daddog.  I attempted to make this clear 5 min. before we started the frame, but no one was listening.

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2002, 10:17:00 AM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort:
I just want consistency.  These last min drop in's can delay the take off time...as it did Friday night.

Thats not what delayed take off time Rip....and I didnt let the 'newbie' in because we had already rolled.  I have been consistent each and every week that I have been the setup CM for the TOD.  Guys have popped in each and every week of the TOD so far and have been given squad invites and added to TOD rosters on the TOD page in each and every one that I have seen.  But if someone comes in after we roll then I tell him that its too late.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2002, 10:22:00 AM »
Sling, the rules state, no walk ons.  Would you consider someone added to the squad roster after an event a walk on or not?

As I said online Friday night, "I thought the rules were clear..." (No walk ons)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2002, 10:27:00 AM »
I think what the CM's should do is to tell the walk ons "Yes, you may fly in this TOD, but you must first sign on with a squad prior to the event.  This event is currently running right now and we do not take walk ons."

Thats all I'd like to see.  Otherwise, what you could end up doing is skewing the numbers, delaying the TOD, etc. etc.

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2002, 11:10:00 AM »
I agree, Rip. We're working on our consistency as CM's on the CM forum at the moment. I'll be asking Daddog to make sure all TOD CM's are on the same page with regard to the rules.

Another thing that doesn't help is that we sometimes have too many CM's talking to the arena on the CM channel when they are not supposed to be having anything to do with the event other than flying in it. That is something else I'm going to bring up on the CM forum. "Too many cooks in the kitchen" is what comes to my mind.  :)

Offline ~Pyroman~

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.nightmares.org
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2002, 01:19:00 PM »
Wow Ripsnort,

I didn't know that honest bro.  I'll make sure the Nightmares don't do that anymore.  I didn't see your posts on the text channel saying we couldn't do that.  If I did I wouldn't have.

I hope you aren't sore at me.  I meant no disrespect last Friday!    :)

The rule does make sense though and we'll follow it.  

Thanks for the info though...even though I feel like a dork now!   :D   Well more then usual anyway.

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2002, 05:01:00 PM »
I have added "guests" just prior to the start of the TOD, but all of them have e-mailed me about being a guest prior. Squads should not be adding pilots that are lotering about looking for a slot.

For all of you who would like to see the TOD grow then inforce this.

As banana said we will all be on the same page for this. Thanks for brining it up.  :)
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2002, 07:55:00 AM »
Pyroman, I rarely get sore!  Just posting a reminder.

Here's the rules as a reminder:

2. Participation:

No walkons will be allowed on the day of the events, (frames). Any individual pilots wishing
                              to participate must pre-register.
Squadrons will have to register at a date that will be
                              announced to the community. Hopefully in the next week or two. Squadrons will be issued
                              admittance on first come / first serve basis until the assigned pool of flying spots is filled.
                              Again, there are no walkons/volunteers allowed.
                              Anticipated pool for the first event will be about 100 pilots. (please note that due to serious
                              shortage of bomber pilots, dedicated bomber squadrons may be allowed in without prior
                              registration or waiting)
                              If in the following series some of the registered squadrons drop out (lose interest / violate
                              attendance rules) or numbers within the series is expanded, new squadrons will be selected
                              from the list to fill in the vacant spots. There WILL NOT BE A SECOND REGISTRATION and
                              squadrons will only be added to the list in the order we receive their requests to participate
                              in the TOD.
                              Squadrons which registered previously and were not accepted will be chosen based on their
                              place on the initial registration list.
                              Squadrons which did not register and express interest in the participation will be placed on
                              the end of the waiting list as it was formed after the initial registration.
                              Squadrons which leave the series for whatever reason and wish to return will be placed on
                              the end of the waiting list as it was formed after the initial registrations.
                              Once a squadron is accepted into the series - it is invited forever - unless it wishes to leave
                              or is dismissed by the CM team. ( see rules on attendance and CO volunteers )
                              The "aircraft of interest" for each squadron will be taken into consideration when aircraft are
                              assigned.
                              Discos may be allowed to reup "only" in the first 30 minutes of the Frame. After 30 minutes
                              players may choose to gun for a buff, field or ship ack only if available.

3. Guests:

Unassociated pilots, (those from non participating squads) will be allowed to participate in
                              the event in order to give them a feel of what the TOD is all about.
                              Unassociated pilots will be provided a list of squadrons and their email contacts. They can
                              apply for one of the 2 "guest" spots that each squadron holds. It is entirely up to the
                              squadron CO. He will accept or reject such an application or request from guest pilots.
                              If guest is accepted into the squadron for the TOD, in the eyes of TOD crew he is a part of
                              this squadron, and the CO of his squadron will be held responsible for this guest's
                              actions/behavior.
                              Pilots can be "guests" for only one TOD, (usually 3 or 4 weeks). After that TOD is over,
                              they may either join one of the TOD participating squadrons or form their own squadron.

This is why I told the CMs on friday "I thought the rules were clear about walk-ons?"