Author Topic: Time for ENY to go  (Read 6533 times)

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
Re: Time for ENY to go
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2018, 07:41:02 PM »
rather then restrict access to any specific plane.
assign perk values to all planes. When eny kicks in you can still fly the plane you like. But it costs you perk points. Connect the perks to ENY. Thus a FW D9 would cost more perks then say an A-5

I always liked this ideal.... And it would give us a reason to have these perks points.

CAV
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2018, 09:11:38 PM »
We also need a system to keep tower plowers out of the tower. It sucks when you have 25 players logged in but 11 actually there and flying. Is it really worth 25 Perkins to be logged on all day or night trying to farm perks.
My idea for that is if you played for a set time for that map and the map is won by the team you are on you should be awarded the win perks. Maybe this would help keep tower sitters down and also award guys that put in work for the map but not on at the win.

I also like the idea of still getting my ride for a few perks during Eny times. The side switch thing sucks. I swapped to the nits this am about 10am. By 1pm we had 20 eny and was still stuck there for three hours.

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2018, 09:16:43 PM »
It was dumb to impliment in the beginning years ago and cost players. The M.A.W. ended up disbanding cause so many left. But especially now when there's hardly anyone playing it just turns people to leave even more and there goes any competition so more end up leaving. Especially when you have competing games. It's useless when you have <30 players to have ENY limitations.

I would love to see an honest answer as to "why" ENY is an issue to you. We have seen hundreds of threads complaining about ENY, but not a single one as to "why".

Do you honestly have an issue of not being able to use an uber plane against an under manned team? Remember, this IS a game and so they do TRY to keep things on the "even" or "fair" side.

Answer the question, Why is ENY so horrible?

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2018, 09:18:27 PM »
Isn't it still automatic that new players are put on the bishop side? That should stop.
I think new players are asigned to bish with the assumption that players will change because it's the least attractive piece. I mean you have a castle which is pretty cool, then you have a violent horse which is clearly awesome, then you have something resembling a but plug that is supposed to represent a pacifist seventy year old virgin.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2018, 11:08:22 PM »

I think new players are asigned to bish with the assumption that players will change because it's the least attractive piece. I mean you have a castle which is pretty cool, then you have a violent horse which is clearly awesome, then you have something resembling a but plug that is supposed to represent a pacifist seventy year old virgin.
:x :banana: :rock :salute
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2018, 01:39:44 AM »
The only reason I can find for many players is that they have a favorite ride, and that ride is either ENY 5, or perked.

I have been ENY'ed  flying my ENY 20-30 planes twice these last 8 years...

I would love to see an honest answer as to "why" ENY is an issue to you. We have seen hundreds of threads complaining about ENY, but not a single one as to "why".

Do you honestly have an issue of not being able to use an uber plane against an under manned team? Remember, this IS a game and so they do TRY to keep things on the "even" or "fair" side.

My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2018, 02:36:53 AM »
How about you still get to fly your plane when ENY kicks in... you just lose your ammo :) problem solved!

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2018, 02:40:03 AM »
Why all the animosity towards the BISH? Never did understand where that was coming from  :confused: OK,back on topic.  :neener:  I agree with FLIPPZ....if there was a system in place to boot folk who are camping the hanger, MOST IF NOT ALL eny issues would vanish for all pieces. Dont see how it could even be a problem. At least no issue IF it was like an hour or so of no flight and booted. Of coarse there is an issue with this....take CYBRO for example. He parks in an plane or gv, which means he is registered as IN flight  :furious I am afraid that this would lead to the habitual tower campers to just do the same thing. That being said, for all the Chess Piece Loyalty that is shown by most...its hard to understand why those folk would sit in tower all the while inhibiting the Piece they swear loyalty too :bhead
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2018, 02:46:56 AM »
Chess Piece Loyalty come with flying as a team within a squad.
Even though some people like AH to be 1vs1 all the time for one reason or another, others prefer to fight together, your mileage may vary.

We have been moving between Rook and Knights but lately LD have been stuck in Rook camp because of numbers in general over time, 13 time zones ( Alaska to Middle East) between us.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2018, 03:05:10 AM »
Chess Piece Loyalty come with flying as a team within a squad.
Even though some people like AH to be 1vs1 all the time for one reason or another, others prefer to fight together, your mileage may vary.

We have been moving between Rook and Knights but lately LD have been stuck in Rook camp because of numbers in general over time, 13 time zones ( Alaska to Middle East) between us.
Absolutely :aok I have a few Squad Mates that hate switching sides. So to stay with my guys, I have to accommodate there opinions. Adjustments to time change would fix this issue with multiple time zones. Would suck swapping and 2 hours later a squadie logs in, So I fully understand that. What my issue is..even those that are like my Squadies and hate changing...sitting in tower instead of logging off hurts your squad as well as every one else. Thus my saying, for all the chess piece loyalty professed....seems hard to get why they dont log? How hard is it relog...we do it all the time(have to sign in to participate)  :O 
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2018, 06:32:30 AM »

The answer I've seen/heard a couple thousand times is: "High ENY #'s means I can't fly my (insert low ENY ride here) "

:old:

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2018, 09:02:25 AM »
ENY is simply too strict for the numbers we normally have.  Focus on what the OP is saying, people. 

I’ve said this for years that the ramping is too steep.  When you have 20 players on there’s no need for ENY. 
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Litjan

• Zinc Member
« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2018, 09:56:16 AM »
I think the underlying problem is that people don´t like to loose fights. Some less so than others. Flying mid or even early war planes means more loosing - people don´t like that. Is not that the P51D is so pretty and shiny, its that its very deadly - and that you are not likely to loose in it.

Other games have gone through some changes to make "dying" less painful for a player. This seems to be a necessity with online PvP games - for every kill you need a victim. One happy player, one sad player.

Look at Battlefield versions through the years. It used to be that you had to respawn WAYYY in the back of the battlefield (like we do now in AH) - so getting killed was very frustrating. Nowadays you can spawn back into the middle of the fight. Now while this makes it less frustrating to die, it also makes it less satisfying to kill.

Getting steamrolled by overwhelming numbers is HUGELY frustrating - and people will log in frustration. Not everyone has the german mindset of fighting a clearly lost battle for YEARS with tenacity.
Steamrolling others is MILDLY fun. To balance things (HUGELY vs MILDLY) out, we need to give the side some boost that gets steamrolled. Otherwise there will be no one to steamroll. I am open for ideas, but eventually it will boil down to make things harder for the steamrollers, which they will not like -> hence the ENY debate.

Jan

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2018, 10:18:43 AM »
I think the underlying problem is that people don´t like to loose fights. Some less so than others. Flying mid or even early war planes means more loosing - people don´t like that. Is not that the P51D is so pretty and shiny, its that its very deadly - and that you are not likely to loose in it.

Nonsense.  Most people can't fly the P-51 to save their lives.  I'm barely even beginning to figure the thing out after six years of trying.  Getting killed is part of the process.

When you log on to an empty arena after being away for three weeks it is a real nut crusher to be ENY'd out of a ride you've been looking forward to flying.

ENY has its place, but as the game has evolved...ENY has NOT.   "Well we've always done it this way..." is not an answer.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2018, 03:28:34 PM »
The only reason I can find for many players is that they have a favorite ride, and that ride is either ENY 5, or perked.

I have been ENY'ed  flying my ENY 20-30 planes twice these last 8 years...

<-  Never been ENYed.    :D
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."