Author Topic: Time for ENY to go  (Read 6534 times)

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
Re: Time for ENY to go
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2018, 05:00:06 PM »
The very existance of this thread says eny is working.

If people can't figure out how to have fun in a plane that isn't a run-stang D or a Spitrunner XVI they are playing the game wrong.

I can't remember the last time I flew a 5 eny plane and I have more fun in AH3 than most.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 05:08:57 PM by BuckShot »
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2018, 05:13:32 PM »
The very existance of this thread says eny is working.

If people can't figure out how to have fun in a plane that isn't a run-stang D or a Spitrunner XVI they are playing the game wrong.

I can't remember the last time I flew a 5 eny plane and I have more fun in AH3 than most.

At making people logoff.   :aok
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2018, 05:15:46 PM »
At making people logoff.   :aok

Per Hitech, that's the lesser of 2 evils between that and the high number side having low ENY vehicles.  It is literally working as intended.

The other edge of the sword is, how many people log off when the high number side is flying low ENY aircraft?  But nobody talks about that.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2018, 05:37:31 PM »
Per Hitech, that's the lesser of 2 evils between that and the high number side having low ENY vehicles.  It is literally working as intended.

The other edge of the sword is, how many people log off when the high number side is flying low ENY aircraft?  But nobody talks about that.

Wiley.

When you had 450 players I would agree.  With thirty not so much.   You have a system that creates side balancing (sorta) at the expense of numbers.   If that's your definition of an optimal system so be it.  I disagree. 
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2018, 05:55:47 PM »
When you had 450 players I would agree.  With thirty not so much.   You have a system that creates side balancing (sorta) at the expense of numbers.   If that's your definition of an optimal system so be it.  I disagree.

Never said I agreed with it either, just saying that's the rationale.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2018, 06:14:10 PM »
Never said I agreed with it either, just saying that's the rationale.

Wiley.

No offense, but this is the tenth time you’ve explained the rationale to me.   I’ve even quoted Hitech myself three times in these threads.   I’m aware of the reasons given.   I’m also aware it won’t change and he’s probably sick of hearing about it.   

Thankfully I have skinning to occupy my time when ENY is around.   One less target to shoot at though...

:salute
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2018, 06:38:57 PM »
Never been ENYed.   

Me either.

We must be doing something wrong.

- oldman

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2018, 06:49:21 PM »
The 190D needs to be fixed. No reason it should be so high when it has 1000 more kills on average than a P47M with the same average K/D of 1.5, which is high for a non perked plane. The P51 doesn't even come close to the other K/D's when it comes to other top ENY planes at a 1.2. the G14 and P38 both even have better average K/D's. The P51 is great but only if you have the patients to get alt and not get ganged when you dive. 
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2018, 07:02:40 PM »
There is nothing wrong with the FW 190D that needs to be fixed or perked.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #54 on: July 04, 2018, 07:23:16 PM »
The 190D needs to be fixed. No reason it should be so high when it has 1000 more kills on average than a P47M with the same average K/D of 1.5, which is high for a non perked plane. The P51 doesn't even come close to the other K/D's when it comes to other top ENY planes at a 1.2. the G14 and P38 both even have better average K/D's. The P51 is great but only if you have the patients to get alt and not get ganged when you dive.

Nobody is sure of the exact formula Hitech uses/uesd to figure out the ENY values, but we are ALL positive it isnt by K/D alone.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: July 04, 2018, 07:39:01 PM »
Any "press X" plane, with 500 cannons.... Should be 5-10 eny range. 190Ds are more successful in the MA than P51s. If the eny blocks the P51D and P47M. Why should it not block a plane with better performance, ammo, and results?
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: July 04, 2018, 08:52:43 PM »
Agreed, needs to be adjusted.

A5 is more fun to fly anyway :)

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #57 on: July 04, 2018, 10:20:51 PM »
The bottom line is wheather you like or dislike ENY it is costing HTC players and that is the sad reality of ENY. It is Dales game and he runs it as he sees fit and ENY is never going to change same as he is never going to remove the silly little GV dar. The solution to help ENY as others have mentioned it to have a player auto logged off after a length of inactive time.
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: July 05, 2018, 02:22:14 AM »
Nonsense.  Most people can't fly the P-51 to save their lives.  I'm barely even beginning to figure the thing out after six years of trying.  Getting killed is part of the process.

When you log on to an empty arena after being away for three weeks it is a real nut crusher to be ENY'd out of a ride you've been looking forward to flying.

ENY has its place, but as the game has evolved...ENY has NOT.   "Well we've always done it this way..." is not an answer.

IF you fly a P51D you can pretty much be untouchable if you, like some pilots here do in Main Arena, fly it as a 20k boom-zoomer.
If you dogfight in it, it's a different ballgame, and other planes not only out-turn you, but also have other parameters going for them.

Game has evolved due to new planes, and lower numbers, flying as a team in La-7's, P51D, 190Doras, give you an edge that is hard to beat if you don't make mistakes.

Even older planes flown as a team can be deadly.

I still have a vivid memory of me and Trogdor fighting a large bunch of Knights a years ago, flying A5's, both surviving, and landed what remained of our shaken but not stirred coffins.

Other times our team get shot down to the last plane, due to tactical, and strategic mistakes, and sometimes overwhelming numbers, or flown by capable experts (or both) . I don't mind getting shot down as long as I have fun doing it and I get a bit of adrenaline rush.

But to be map-rolled by ENY 5 and perked planes outnumbered 1:3 or worse, don't give me anything of a fair chance regardless of the  birds I can fly, or the birds I normally fly (A8, A5, 109G).

Someone stated online "2:1 makes anyone look good" and its true to a large extent, if you on-top of that fly uber-rides it does not make it any better for the adversary's.

My team have successfully defended a field heavily outnumbered, just to see 3 other of our  fields get captured just because of numbers, if you add enemy ENY 5 planes to the soup, you just make it even worse.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: July 05, 2018, 07:39:37 AM »
IF you fly a P51D you can pretty much be untouchable if you, like some pilots here do in Main Arena, fly it as a 20k boom-zoomer.
If you dogfight in it, it's a different ballgame, and other planes not only out-turn you, but also have other parameters going for them.

Game has evolved due to new planes, and lower numbers, flying as a team in La-7's, P51D, 190Doras, give you an edge that is hard to beat if you don't make mistakes.

Even older planes flown as a team can be deadly.

I still have a vivid memory of me and Trogdor fighting a large bunch of Knights a years ago, flying A5's, both surviving, and landed what remained of our shaken but not stirred coffins.

Other times our team get shot down to the last plane, due to tactical, and strategic mistakes, and sometimes overwhelming numbers, or flown by capable experts (or both) . I don't mind getting shot down as long as I have fun doing it and I get a bit of adrenaline rush.

But to be map-rolled by ENY 5 and perked planes outnumbered 1:3 or worse, don't give me anything of a fair chance regardless of the  birds I can fly, or the birds I normally fly (A8, A5, 109G).

Someone stated online "2:1 makes anyone look good" and its true to a large extent, if you on-top of that fly uber-rides it does not make it any better for the adversary's.

My team have successfully defended a field heavily outnumbered, just to see 3 other of our  fields get captured just because of numbers, if you add enemy ENY 5 planes to the soup, you just make it even worse.

Being untouchable is a far cry from being effective.   

Most Mustang pilots can approach the former but not the latter. 
”KILLER V”
The Damned