Author Topic: I love this game but no other game I play has me tabbing out to fill time in  (Read 28320 times)

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
When I’m at 15-20K climbing up to BUFFs am not vulching.    Getting a max range oil hit or PW on the first ping from a large base I’m going around or an unseen CV Group is frankly ridiculous. 

Yeah, it was probably ridiculous back in the day also.  SA seems to never fail biting at the most inopportune moment.

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Yeah, it was probably ridiculous back in the day also.  SA seems to never fail biting at the most inopportune moment.

It has nothing to do with SA.    I can de-ack an entire field and never take a critical hit, but can’t get even an inch inside 88 range and not get a no-ping oil hit or PW 60% of the time?*  Not buying that.  Kamikazes would have never hit Franklin, Bunker Hill, etc. if that were true. 

I’ve had it happen when maneuvering to avoid the ack, too.   It’s supposedly random.   There’s no randomness to it, unless it’s like Vegas House Odds. 

There are bugs in the Damage Model that are well known.  Throw this in. 

* The opposite should be the case if anything.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 11:19:50 AM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
It has nothing to do with SA.   

Throw this in. 

Hence, the inopportune bite.

Throw it in where?

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Hence, the inopportune bite.

You lost me.   

Throw it in where?

Into the tribal knowledge file. 
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
Into the tribal knowledge file. 

Fortunately, I’m not in charge of that.

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
My observation from last night was you and 5 squaddies, plus a few random country men hovering above a bish base, waiting to kill guys as they take off. (That might be part of your ack wounding problems.) I flew four sectors as a knight to the bish rook front, as I didnt want to be part of the group of 12 knight guys doing what you guys were to the bish.

Eventually i switched to bish to find a fight.  Upon arrival i see your group of high speed, higher altitude planes diving on a couple of bish taking off.  I decided to roll and help them out from that same base, rather than come from a base back.. I have about an hour and a half film of it.

So when you are asking for fights, think about how you are trying to get one started.

Dont get me wrong, i had fun.  Id rather play from underneath and after almost two decades of this, my ability to survive and kill guys is above average.  But consider what influence that same situation would have had on a new player last night.

Thanks for a few good fights too.

I guess that is how it could look from one side of the fence.  What you could not see is me asking people to not gang.  To make the fights as even as possible without leaving friendlies hanging.  I ended up leaving a fight and apologising to Scott66 because friendlies ignored my request and dove in on him as we were fighting.

I did dive into one of your fights as you and your wingman had turned a 4 on 2 into a 2 on 2 and the remaining 2 friendlies were not doing so well but that is the sort of action to be expected in the MA.

There were a couple of good fights however not many players fight like you anymore

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Fortunately, I’m not in charge of that.

Nobody is.  And we all are.

I still missed your other reference.   
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
My two cents and I've thought this for a long time. This game is just flat out hard. Now don't twist what I just said into some request to dumb things down. But there's been a complete change in mindset /culture/whatever in gamers from when I started in flight sims so long ago. What hooked me originally was EXACTLY that it was hard to pick up. I really liked the challenge of it. If it was easy I'd have lost interest fairly quickly and not hung around for now over 20 years! Problem is today gamers want to walk into a game and rule. Anything less than that and THE GAME must surely suck (eye roll). There's almost nothing in AH that can be easily mastered in the two week period let alone the 5 minutes people are giving it. Short attention spans are taking over and I don't think there's anything you could change in OUR GAME that's gonna fix that. Apparently people ARE trying the game but heading right back out the door and I think that's why. Too much to deal with.

That said there's been quite a shift in game play here over the years. People are so totally hung up on getting kills and NOT getting killed it's literally killing the game. I know - - that's the idea! But it's been taken to such an extreme of late, that in and of itself is making what should be now and has been a great game in the past- - quite lame. I used to fly religiously every night. Now it's all I can do to make FSO (which is also devolving due to numbers) and into the wee hours of Saturday morning so I can hang out with the squad. This past week after FSO I went to the MA as usual. Saw the buzzsaw map up. Groan. Why? Few fights. Looked at the numbers. Like 80 total players--on a Friday night mind you - - and a lot of them were in GVs. After the last fight dried up in the middle of the map I flew around for 15 minutes and didn't see an NME plane. Not much going on anywhere so I logged way early. Sad. I'm on Twitch. Love to put up the steam but if it's like that it's like bad advertising, so I don't. Also sad.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Best analysis I read to date.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
My two cents and I've thought this for a long time. This game is just flat out hard. Now don't twist what I just said into some request to dumb things down. But there's been a complete change in mindset /culture/whatever in gamers from when I started in flight sims so long ago. What hooked me originally was EXACTLY that it was hard to pick up. I really liked the challenge of it. If it was easy I'd have lost interest fairly quickly and not hung around for now over 20 years! Problem is today gamers want to walk into a game and rule. Anything less than that and THE GAME must surely suck (eye roll). There's almost nothing in AH that can be easily mastered in the two week period let alone the 5 minutes people are giving it. Short attention spans are taking over and I don't think there's anything you could change in OUR GAME that's gonna fix that. Apparently people ARE trying the game but heading right back out the door and I think that's why. Too much to deal with.

That said there's been quite a shift in game play here over the years. People are so totally hung up on getting kills and NOT getting killed it's literally killing the game. I know - - that's the idea! But it's been taken to such an extreme of late, that in and of itself is making what should be now and has been a great game in the past- - quite lame. I used to fly religiously every night. Now it's all I can do to make FSO (which is also devolving due to numbers) and into the wee hours of Saturday morning so I can hang out with the squad. This past week after FSO I went to the MA as usual. Saw the buzzsaw map up. Groan. Why? Few fights. Looked at the numbers. Like 80 total players--on a Friday night mind you - - and a lot of them were in GVs. After the last fight dried up in the middle of the map I flew around for 15 minutes and didn't see an NME plane. Not much going on anywhere so I logged way early. Sad. I'm on Twitch. Love to put up the steam but if it's like that it's like bad advertising, so I don't. Also sad.

It would help if when you lose a fight you weren’t mocked for it.   I’ve taken guys on knowing I could extend away rather than face a disadvantaged fight I more than likely will lose only to get chirped at on 200.  This has been the case from the day I set foot in here.   It has really never changed, but it should.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
It would help if when you lose a fight you weren’t mocked for it.   I’ve taken guys on knowing I could extend away rather than face a disadvantaged fight I more than likely will lose only to get chirped at on 200.  This has been the case from the day I set foot in here.   It has really never changed, but it should.
Well there's that factor too. It seems there are certain individuals that feel they simply HAVE to dominate 200. Nobody ever has to wonder if they're logged on! These folks should really just step away from the keyboard. The constant diatribe isn't exactly what I'd call representing the brand very well. Like it or not we're all ambassadors of the game. New guy logs on and sees the crap usually spewing there prolly shakes his head and logs off. Who needs that?

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Well there's that factor too. It seems there are certain individuals that feel they simply HAVE to dominate 200. Nobody ever has to wonder if they're logged on! These folks should really just step away from the keyboard. The constant diatribe isn't exactly what I'd call representing the brand very well. Like it or not we're all ambassadors of the game. New guy logs on and sees the crap usually spewing there prolly shakes his head and logs off. Who needs that?

There's a difference between joking around, quoting movies, etc.. vs. blatant attacks and chest beating. 
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
Actually my experiences with the rooks last night made me late for work! Short version.. At 86 rooks coming from 45 I asked them to let me up.. They did..I asked them to get away from base to ack wouldn't steal my kills... They did... Asked them to let me get alt.. They did.. They even watched and waited me to fight 1v1 with one of them untiI i told them I wanted to fight multiples against me at once... Except for 1 certain spit 14 flyer that would say he would stay out but then make a pass on me anyways but it's all good..FESS you were a man of your word to me and even tho our 1v1 ended up with me in the tower every time I had a blast.. For some reason I stayed alive longer fighting 2 or 3 v me than a 1v1 with you :headscratch: LMAO I was really feeling good about myself until you upped my beloved brew and showed me how quickly I could die in it in a 1v1 with you! That was not very nice hehe the point is...I had so much fun I didn't even notice me dying 243 time in 3 hours<S>
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
My observation from last night was you and 5 squaddies, plus a few random country men hovering above a bish base, waiting to kill guys as they take off. (That might be part of your ack wounding problems.) I flew four sectors as a knight to the bish rook front, as I didnt want to be part of the group of 12 knight guys doing what you guys were to the bish.

Eventually i switched to bish to find a fight.  Upon arrival i see your group of high speed, higher altitude planes diving on a couple of bish taking off.  I decided to roll and help them out from that same base, rather than come from a base back.. I have about an hour and a half film of it.

So when you are asking for fights, think about how you are trying to get one started.

Dont get me wrong, i had fun.  Id rather play from underneath and after almost two decades of this, my ability to survive and kill guys is above average.  But consider what influence that same situation would have had on a new player last night.

Thanks for a few good fights too.
That was the poin tI was trying to make, as well. The ATTACKER has the option of deciding WHEN and WHERE the attack will come from. Dont like ack? Dont hover between town and base to vultch, simple as that. Its not a matter of "Cant fight their way out of a Paper bag"...I KNOW I CAN, but I do have too have airspace to fight back. "Its up to YOU, to stop ACK KILLS". Besides it cant be that bad a thing...HAPPENS EVERY DAY...you will hear"DAMN, wish I could fly through the ack on a Large field like that!"... so please,why complain about ack. If you that allergic, stay out. You say you just want a fight? FINE BY ME...so why not let me get AT LEAST wheels up, before you start the fight? TELLS me..YOU are the one with Ability issues. That doesnt necessarily aply to everyone here, but if you are in a crowd looking for a fight, and some IN that crowd are not letting combatants even get wheels up...call them off or go elsewhere. Just like the HO issue...post on 200 where you are so I know its you and it will be a NO HO 1 on 1. No problem at all meeting up. I would never take a ho on someone I KNOW ISNT going to shoot, but dont expect me to hold fire and HOPE I AM NOT GOING TO BE HOed. Aint gonna happen,you only have EVERYONE on every side that hos to blame for that,NOT ME. Its golden rule MAN...do unto others..Unless you want it done to you. I only have 2 cheeks to turn and they were turned LONG ago 
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member

What is to be gained by tuning to 200 and it’s associated dribble?

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
What is to be gained by tuning to 200 and it’s associated dribble?
In my experience...if not on 200 the PMs start. Honestly,I would prefer any attacks be PUBLIC knowledge.
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain