Author Topic: I love this game but no other game I play has me tabbing out to fill time in  (Read 28299 times)

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
In my experience...if not on 200 the PMs start. Honestly,I would prefer any attacks be PUBLIC knowledge.

Haven’t had 200 tuned for well over ten years.  To date no attacks via PM.  Rgardless of how attacks arrive, wouldn’t a screen shot and email to HT work just as well without the associated 200 dribble?  Unless there’s a need to joust with some 200 keyboard warrior, then it’s understandable.

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Canspec

• Silver Member
I got off 200 and don't allow PM's.....made the game much more enjoyable for me.  There have been, and always seem to be keyboard heroes in this game with anger management problems when they lose. Sometimes i think its just a brain abnormality that forms when your life only involves spending many hundreds of hours each month on line in here..... :old:

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
I got off 200 and don't allow PM's.....made the game much more enjoyable for me.  There have been, and always seem to be keyboard heroes in this game with anger management problems when they lose. Sometimes i think its just a brain abnormality that forms when your life only involves spending many hundreds of hours each month on line in here..... :old:

Well said. Agree.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Haven’t had 200 tuned for well over ten years.  To date no attacks via PM. 

Well, Puma, that's because you're not a derriere, so no one needs to attack you.

I enjoy a common channel, so that you can talk to the person who just shot you down, or advertise where you are so that people will congregate to kill you.  Channel 200, for me, serves a very useful and enjoyable purpose.  It would be pleasant if people could control themselves, but grim experience suggests that this is too much to expect. 

So:  If you can't bear it, don't listen to it.

- oldman

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
I used to PM myself and talk smack about OM all the time.

:devil
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member

Well, Puma, that's because you're not a derriere, so no one needs to attack you.

I enjoy a common channel, so that you can talk to the person who just shot you down, or advertise where you are so that people will congregate to kill you.  Channel 200, for me, serves a very useful and enjoyable purpose.  It would be pleasant if people could control themselves, but grim experience suggests that this is too much to expect. 

So:  If you can't bear it, don't listen to it.

- oldman

You are too kind sir.  Thank you.

“It would be pleasant if people could control themselves, but grim experience suggests that this is too much to expect.”  Therein is the problem with tuning up 200, in my experience.  Basically, an unnecessary distraction.

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
Actually my experiences with the rooks last night made me late for work! Short version.. At 86 rooks coming from 45 I asked them to let me up.. They did..I asked them to get away from base to ack wouldn't steal my kills... They did... Asked them to let me get alt.. They did.. They even watched and waited me to fight 1v1 with one of them untiI i told them I wanted to fight multiples against me at once... Except for 1 certain spit 14 flyer that would say he would stay out but then make a pass on me anyways but it's all good..FESS you were a man of your word to me and even tho our 1v1 ended up with me in the tower every time I had a blast.. For some reason I stayed alive longer fighting 2 or 3 v me than a 1v1 with you :headscratch: LMAO I was really feeling good about myself until you upped my beloved brew and showed me how quickly I could die in it in a 1v1 with you! That was not very nice hehe the point is...I had so much fun I didn't even notice me dying 243 time in 3 hours<S>

Was fun Scott.  You are a class act.

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
I used to PM myself and talk smack about OM all the time.

:devil

:rofl

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Haven’t had 200 tuned for well over ten years.  To date no attacks via PM.  Rgardless of how attacks arrive, wouldn’t a screen shot and email to HT work just as well without the associated 200 dribble?  Unless there’s a need to joust with some 200 keyboard warrior, then it’s understandable.

Looks like you've never managed to shoot down (redacted) or (redacted).    Talk about unsolicited PM s-storms.   Whew.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
Looks like you've never managed to shoot down (redacted) or (redacted).    Talk about unsolicited PM s-storms.   Whew.

Most likely already in squelch mode.

(Redacted) or (Redacted) are most likely among those keyboard heroes that chase off two weekers.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 10:39:17 AM by Puma44 »

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Most likely already in squelch mode.

(Redacted) or (Redacted) are most likely among those keyboard heroes that chase off two weekers.

I have a feeling you are right.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
I have a feeling you are right.

I was right one time and it upset me. I am left handed. I would much rather be correct as right is wrong.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
I was right one time and it upset me. I am left handed. I would much rather be correct as right is wrong.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.    :old:
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
As you squadie Oldman stated...YOU arent an ASS! Maybe you just dont doo stuff like I do? I basically ignore 200, but do like to be in touch. I have NO axes to grind at all, so sparring with folk on 200...not my thing. There are a few guys in AH that really are over the top in the PM crap. Try bombing Didymus Bang or Grand Touring xxx or getting lucky againg some MASON guy or an alias for a muscle car thats broke down ...you will learn fast what I mean. So yes, I screen shot and .report crap like that, but its not me I am worried about  :uhoh Im a big boy, its just not conducive to the health of our game, not to bring it up  as a problem
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
It always surprises me..... well not really..... that threads like this , where suggestions and conversations about game issues seem to go ignored by the management until they just lose steam and fade away.

Funny how it always works out like that.