Author Topic: I love this game but no other game I play has me tabbing out to fill time in  (Read 28773 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
What I think most of the problem with nrshida's issue is, there's no "official" dueling arena.  You could get the gameplay he's looking for with a private arena.  However, and I think this is especially true for the duelists, there's no place where their records are kept, or shiny awards given, or a leaderboard, or whatever else they might want to show the pecking order.

I also see shida's point with the Match Play arena not scratching the same itch at all.  I think a DA set up more or less like the old one with a fightertown and no F3 mode would get some use.  Likely more than the match play arena anyways.

Wiley.

I don't like the public score in Match.  I went in there the other day to goof off and practice with another guy.  It wasn't a duel so my losing 100-22 didn't matter to either of us.  But damn if someone didn't start mocking me about it on 200.  I will never go in there again without a truly anonymous free account.  I don't need that junk. 
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Tell you what, 1stpar3.  Come up with a reliable and practical method of controlling peoples' online behavior.  Do not tell anyone else about it, come to me and explain it.  Do NOT go to the patent office first, there is no need.

Respectfully, people are going to do what they're going to do, and until you come up with that ability to control online behavior (again do NOT go to the patent office before coming to me) it's not going to accomplish much.

Wiley.
Yes, I absolutely understand. Thats how we were designed, I am not God. I dont know how...All I am saying is. Its not all HTs fault that we have issues. I dont want to control online behavior,I am asking for some folk to clean up there own act before pointing fingers. Will anything I do change players minds...DOUBT IT. I am just calling out what I see as another reason folk leave. I dont pay 15 buck a month to be called a POS,or a cheater 24/7,then see those same folk griping about game play. Simple as that,Sir!  I am not scraping up that 15 a month to play either. If money was tight,why would I want to stick around for THAT? I know for A FACT, that it has run folk away. Its not always me being called that...I read it every single day on text in game. Just the other day in 3 HOURS...21 claims of"You are A POS"... "Nice Hack", "FN chtr" and so on. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH And before it starts...They were NOT kidding, it was obvious. That is TOXIC as it rubs off on others. Sure some guys can just shrug it off...I do. Not everyone is like me, or you. So AGAIN, I am pointing out, it is not how players are playing the game that has been the only change. Cant change how people play. Just wish we could play the game without all the Toxic crap going on in the background.
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Tell you what, 1stpar3.  Come up with a reliable and practical method of controlling peoples' online behavior.  Do not tell anyone else about it, come to me and explain it.  Do NOT go to the patent office first, there is no need.

Respectfully, people are going to do what they're going to do, and until you come up with that ability to control online behavior (again do NOT go to the patent office before coming to me) it's not going to accomplish much.

Wiley.

People are getting the boot for NOT doing anything wrong.  It's bizarre. 
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
I agree about the shortcomings of Match Play. I'm a furballer, but I hate organized duels. They get stale very quick. There is no element of surprise in the DA like the MA has.

It's like listing to one song from your favorite band on repeat. That's Match Play.

A furball in MA is like going to a concert of your favorite band. You know the band will play songs you like, but you're not sure which ones or when. Even when your favorite song is being played, it still feels fresh. That's what the MA can be.

Bring back 8-player.  That's why I joined this game.  It made me want to subscribe. 
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
People are getting the boot for NOT doing anything wrong.  It's bizarre.
Do what? I know you well enough to know you are being sarcastic...Wasnt calling for a ban hammer.
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
I don't like the public score in Match.  I went in there the other day to goof off and practice with another guy.  It wasn't a duel so my losing 100-22 didn't matter to either of us.  But damn if someone didn't start mocking me about it on 200.  I will never go in there again without a truly anonymous free account.  I don't need that junk.

Yeah but that's got to do with the way you conduct yourself.  You make yourself a target, so they'll use whatever they can when you start getting involved in 200.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Do what? I know you well enough to know you are being sarcastic...Wasnt calling for a ban hammer.

I'm being serious actually.   
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
Yeah but that's got to do with the way you conduct yourself.  You make yourself a target, so they'll use whatever they can when you start getting involved in 200.

Wiley.

Why even tune 200 if that’s where the majority of trash talk comes from?  Several less garbage polluted ways to communicate.

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member

Wiley.

Yeah, uh, no. 

I "conduct myself" to have fun.  Simple. 

I will completely mind my own business and have people attack me out of the blue, unprovoked.  I am not entirely surprised as this happened from day one in here.  It's an odd aspect of the player base I never saw in WB.

Besides, we don't justify bad behavior with other (alleged) bad behavior.  The fact you even remotely condone or excuse this speaks volumes. 
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 02:06:46 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Why even tune 200 if that’s where the majority of trash talk comes from?  Several less garbage polluted ways to communicate.

I'm to that point.  Sadly, I will miss out on the good natured banter I have with my friends on other countries (Max, OBX, Zaza, etc.).  We enjoy teasing each other.  Makes the game fun.  Unfortunately, some aren't in on the joke and start slinging mud at the drop of a hat. 
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 02:02:32 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
Yeah, uh, no. 

I "conduct myself" to have fun.  Simple. 

I will completely mind my own business and have people attack me out of the blue, unprovoked.

Besides, we don't justify bad behavior with other (alleged) bad behavior.  The fact you even remotely condone or excuse this speaks volumes.

Please explain in detail where I said I condoned it.

This.  This right here is why you get attacked.  I've seen how you are on 200 Vraciu, you seem to enjoy inciting to condemn.  Whatever floats your boat.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
I'm to that point.  Sadly, I will miss out on the good natured banter I have with my friends on other countries (Max, OBX, Zaza, etc.).  We enjoy teasing each other.  Makes the game fun.  Unfortunately, some aren't in on the joke and start slinging mud at the drop of a hat.
Which was the point I was trying to make. It has gotten worse, much worse. That in my opinion is TOXIC. Detuning 200 doesn't stop anything, but your ability to razz friends on other sides. We as a community shouldnt have to tell new players that they will be better off,turning off ch200 FIRST THING. But we do...

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Please explain in detail where I said I condoned it.

This.  This right here is why you get attacked.  I've seen how you are on 200 Vraciu, you seem to enjoy inciting to condemn.  Whatever floats your boat.

Wiley.

You justified the bad behavior.  You did not condemn it.   That's condoning by omission at the least.  You directly excused it.   And then a swipe to top it off.    This is exactly the problem.

SMH. 
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 02:27:45 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Which was the point I was trying to make. It has gotten worse, much worse. That in my opinion is TOXIC. Detuning 200 doesn't stop anything, but your ability to razz friends on other sides. We as a community shouldnt have to tell new players that they will be better off,turning off ch200 FIRST THING. But we do...

Agreed. 
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
You justified the bad behavior.  You did not condemn it.   That's condoning by omission at the least.  And then a swipe to top it off.   

SMH.

Yup.  Keep banging that victim drum.  People who haven't been around you for that long will believe it for a little while.

Wiley.

JG11