Author Topic: I love this game but no other game I play has me tabbing out to fill time in  (Read 28603 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Always the best choice.  :lol

Wiley.

Or safest any way.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
Is that Skuzzy I see coming down the hall with the INtent of slapping a padlock on this thread?

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Is that Skuzzy I see coming down the hall with the INtent of slapping a padlock on this thread?

That’s an INteresting question.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
That’s an INteresting question.

Just a matter of time, IN my opinion.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Just a matter of time, IN my opinion.

You mean opINion if I’m properly INterpretINg your meanINg.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 11:58:54 AM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member

You mean opINion if I’m properly INterpretINg your meanINg.

Yes, my opinion.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member

Offline asterix

• Nickel Member
ACM is a niche activity in a game named Aces High with a famously high-fidelity flight model unrivaled by most other games in the last twenty years?
Dedicated ACM is a niche activity in any online combat flight sim, including this one IMHO. That is why all those changes have been made (88mm, side switch etc), to combat another issue created by larger number of players not looking for a good fight, but looking for a way to exploit something. Dedicated ACM players have always been a small % of total number in my opinion. My opinion is based on my experience with some other online flight sim games, on all those complaints posted in this forum over the years, on what new players do when they join the game. This is why I don`t understand why the furballers left instead of trying to keep their group together and I do not understand the widespread walking out the door mentality in general.
Win 7 Pro 64, AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3,0 GHz, Asus M2N mobo, refurbished Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 GV-N960IXOC-2GD 2GB, Corsair XMS2 4x2GB 800MHz DDR2, Seagate BarraCuda 7200.10 ST3160815AS 160GB 7200 RPM HDD, Thermaltake Smart 430W

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
I wonder how many people would be playing if all the people who don't play because there aren't enough people playing, were playing.    :D
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded.
Pies not kicks.

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
I wonder how many people would be playing if all the people who don't play because there aren't enough people playing, were playing.    :D

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Do you mean like Friday nights when everyone is warming up for FSO and numbers have reached 200+ in the MA with everyone having a good time. Then some joker asks, where are all these guys the rest of the week if they are having such a good time tonight.....
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Do you mean like Friday nights when everyone is warming up for FSO and numbers have reached 200+ in the MA with everyone having a good time. Then some joker asks, where are all these guys the rest of the week if they are having such a good time tonight.....

The assumption is that they're having fun in the MA before FSO.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Dedicated ACM is a niche activity in any online combat flight sim, including this one IMHO. That is why all those changes have been made (88mm, side switch etc), to combat another issue created by larger number of players not looking for a good fight, but looking for a way to exploit something. Dedicated ACM players have always been a small % of total number in my opinion. My opinion is based on my experience with some other online flight sim games, on all those complaints posted in this forum over the years, on what new players do when they join the game. This is why I don`t understand why the furballers left instead of trying to keep their group together and I do not understand the widespread walking out the door mentality in general.

A good bunch of the "Muppets" left when they over stepped the bounds of respect and HTC came down hard on them. HTC wouldn't bend to the "demands" and so a bunch of them left. The rest of the "furballers" have left over the years due to the fights running low. Between numbers dropping due to the economy, players changing the way they win the war (avoid contact with the "enemy" at all costs), side switch timer, the 88s being added ( why waste a life fighting at a base when we can hide in a gun!), town resupply (why defend a base when its easier to run in supplies, heck you dont even have to bring them all the way in, just get close) more and more players are leaving.

In the old days this was ok as Aces High was pretty much the only WWII game around and players came in to replace those that left. Now a days tho, we are not seeing the same influx of new players that sticking around. Why? Because there are other options today. Some are cheaper, some are much easier to play and get started. If this game doent change with the times I fear we will continue to lose players every month.