Author Topic: I love this game but no other game I play has me tabbing out to fill time in  (Read 28645 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
I see the advertising issue brought up over and over, so I have to assume Dale is okay with the way things are or he cannot afford to advertise. I don't know the answer but I do know that advertising would bring in new players and some would stay as a lot of us did.

Well, look at it this way, advertising does not any make players stay.  We are getting a TON of new butts in the seats but 90% leave after ten minutes and never return. 
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 02:26:20 AM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
A good bunch of the "Muppets" left when they over stepped the bounds of respect and HTC came down hard on them. HTC wouldn't bend to the "demands" and so a bunch of them left. The rest of the "furballers" have left over the years due to the fights running low. Between numbers dropping due to the economy, players changing the way they win the war (avoid contact with the "enemy" at all costs), side switch timer, the 88s being added ( why waste a life fighting at a base when we can hide in a gun!), town resupply (why defend a base when its easier to run in supplies, heck you dont even have to bring them all the way in, just get close) more and more players are leaving.

In the old days this was ok as Aces High was pretty much the only WWII game around and players came in to replace those that left. Now a days tho, we are not seeing the same influx of new players that sticking around. Why? Because there are other options today. Some are cheaper, some are much easier to play and get started. If this game doent change with the times I fear we will continue to lose players every month.
And THIS(losing players) is what scares me. I JUST NOW found you guys :rock Have a real hard time blaming the loss on "Fights running low"..but most of you have been here MUCH longer than I have. Cant really argue with their judgement as I dont know what "Back in the day" was like. Reason I have a hard time buying that excuse...free,cheaper,better graphics or the 15 a month....if they ARE playing other games(in this genre) they SURELY dont think it is better than what we have now  :uhoh Again, I dont have the luxury of looking at this through the prism of the past...just dont understand their lack of acknowledgement on AH being better. To each their own I guess? Some had "beefs" other have real life issues, or needing expensive upgrades...perfectly understand...but for those who loved this game, who play other games..sure do wish they could put aside there personal issues and AT LEAST check back in to see how it goes now. All we need is NUMBERS to bring this game back,for most folk. Heck, I would pay a years subscription to make this happen(for those who left because of the price). Heck, even for those who just left. This game/community really does mean that much to me! Heck, reach out to older players and ask them what it would take to get them to at least check in...pretty sure they may just realize that they miss this community. I cant work miracles, but I could definitely help out...it is an investment in MY FUN FACTOR! DEAD SERIOUS  :salute  Really dont want to name names and not looking for kudos... but several folk could attest to commitment I have in investing in game play. EH, if I am wrong..I am not out a single thing...its just money.
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Best icecream period.
WHAAAAA. MOOSE Tracks any day! Or Strawberry Cheese Cake.....DANG IT.....Ok, busted...I like ANY Ice Cream..and freezer is bare. You bastards!!!  :devil
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Good ice cream and a great example of a player who would avoid a fight at all costs.

It was eluded to earlier in this thread when it was suggested we need to police ourselves...

Ask yourself this while you are doing your thing in game.
“If everyone was doing this (whatever it is) all the time, would this game be any fun?”

If the answer is “No” then change your ways.

Perfect examples...
If everyone in the arena was sitting in an 88, would this be any fun? No.

If everyone in the arena was supplying towns, would this be any fun? No.

If everyone in the arena ran from a fight every time, would this be any fun? No.

If everyone in the arena attacked undefended territory, would this be any fun? No.
:rock AMEN, Sir! That was what I was trying to say! WE as a community should be BETTER than the rest! Sure, toxic texts and such exist in most online games..BUT WE ARE ACES HIGH! Why cant we take the HIGH road and just be better in every way! The "Every body does it" defense SHOULD'NT CUT IT WITH US! ONLY YOU can prevent Forrest Fires type thing! We are burning WAY TOO MANY bridges these days, with current mind sets.  :uhoh

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Screw it. I'm subbing for a month, see how it goes. Try to stir up some business  :rock
:aok Thank you,Sir! Dont have a clue as to who you are...But that is the attitude I like seeing  :rock

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
Well, look at it this way, advertising does not any make players stay.  We are getting a TON of new butts in the seats but 90% leave after ten minutes and never return.

Well a part of the advertisement is to hype up potential players to over step the initial setup boarder. For example when I watch someone I like on twitch play a game and he is having fun. I want to be part of that fun aswell. I am far more inclined to put more effort into learning the game. And with a steep learning curve like we have here, I would say this is the most important goal of the advertisement.

Here it's more about hyping them up.

Maybe we could put up streams of players up on the steam page. For example there was a streamer who did fly the f4f with a friend and they had ALOT of fun.(I don't think he played slots of AH tough) I will look for it later today.

DutchVII
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 04:12:37 AM by TWCAxew »
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline Biggamer

• Nickel Member
Advertising aint gonna help that much without fixing some other things first.

more then one way to capture a field such as a capture the flag for the ground guys and capture the air space for the A2A guys this could cause a massive amout of planes/tank in one area trying to fight for the same thing just a thought

Daily missions to complete for all aspects of the game bombers fighters and GVs

needs to be a way for faster action no answer here ive ponder it and only thing i can think of is bases 6-10k apart

there needs to be a step by step guide on how to setup the game and controls maybe there is but where i dont see it

there needs to be a tutorial to complete as soon as you step into the game such as a take off and landing also how to select ords and use them for GV just the basic controls and for bombers how to calibrate and hit the target

perks need to be earned faster a new player stand little chance of survive and dont wanna spend a month to try and up a 262 and crash it taking off thats a big turn off

ENY needs something done with it taking content away from players aint the right thing to do theres gotta be a better way
G3-MF

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Advertising aint gonna help that much without fixing some other things first.

more then one way to capture a field such as a capture the flag for the ground guys and capture the air space for the A2A guys this could cause a massive amout of planes/tank in one area trying to fight for the same thing just a thought

Daily missions to complete for all aspects of the game bombers fighters and GVs

needs to be a way for faster action no answer here ive ponder it and only thing i can think of is bases 6-10k apart

there needs to be a step by step guide on how to setup the game and controls maybe there is but where i dont see it

there needs to be a tutorial to complete as soon as you step into the game such as a take off and landing also how to select ords and use them for GV just the basic controls and for bombers how to calibrate and hit the target

perks need to be earned faster a new player stand little chance of survive and dont wanna spend a month to try and up a 262 and crash it taking off thats a big turn off

ENY needs something done with it taking content away from players aint the right thing to do theres gotta be a better way

This. 

I don’t know if reduced fuel or ammo would be it.    But yeah....
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
I see the advertising issue brought up over and over, so I have to assume Dale is okay with the way things are or he cannot afford to advertise. I don't know the answer but I do know that advertising would bring in new players and some would stay as a lot of us did.

At what cost per user.We have advertised substantially in the past year, so far all attempts the ROI was not sustainable.

HiTech

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
I’ve said for quite some time that ENY should trigger the use of perks not limit plane selection. Want to fly tha LA-7 in the horde? Sure thing. That’ll be 20 perks.

I’ve also said that heavy ord (1k or larger) for fighter aircraft should be perked as well. Wanna load up the Jug with the big bombs? That’ll be 1 perk each. And, once you drop them, those perks are gone whether you land or not.

More fun stuff can be done with perks that would drive game play but not eliminate anything from your hangar. Think HT could charge for them too. You’re a noob and don’t have any perks? You just gotta fly that 262? Click here to charge $3 to your Visa for 1000 perks.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
I’ve said for quite some time that ENY should trigger the use of perks not limit plane selection. Want to fly tha LA-7 in the horde? Sure thing. That’ll be 20 perks.

I’ve also said that heavy ord (1k or larger) for fighter aircraft should be perked as well. Wanna load up the Jug with the big bombs? That’ll be 1 perk each. And, once you drop them, those perks are gone whether you land or not.

More fun stuff can be done with perks that would drive game play but not eliminate anything from your hangar. Think HT could charge for them too. You’re a noob and don’t have any perks? You just gotta fly that 262? Click here to charge $3 to your Visa for 1000 perks.

You are assuming that people who need the parked planes will have perks. I believe the opposite may be true.

I think it would be a nice setup if when we help a new pilot we could donate some of our own perks to the new person so they can get a taste of the whole catalog of vehicles available. I would gladly donate some of mine for the cause. I rarely ever use them myself.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 11:32:02 AM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
You are assuming that people who need the parked planes will have perks. I believe the opposite may be true.
Well then they have a Visa.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Well then they have a Visa.

Jet perks should be separate if bought.  I don’t want to see an arena full of Deuces.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Marco

• Copper Member
Jet perks should be separate if bought.  I don’t want to see an arena full of Deuces.

Seconded.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
LOL they could setup a jet only arena.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)