Author Topic: I love this game but no other game I play has me tabbing out to fill time in  (Read 28664 times)

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
logged in sat night 7pm est and you have 2 choices fly to the nits base and dive in to 8 of them and get ganged because they will not leave the safety of there ack or go to the rook front and come in with alt and watch all of them scatter like cockroaches after screaming on 200 for the bish to get out of there ack,lol.  three hours in a fighter combat game and not a single one on one fight to be had.  maybe its something we cant fix

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
logged in sat night 7pm est and you have 2 choices fly to the nits base and dive in to 8 of them and get ganged because they will not leave the safety of there ack or go to the rook front and come in with alt and watch all of them scatter like cockroaches after screaming on 200 for the bish to get out of there ack,lol.  three hours in a fighter combat game and not a single one on one fight to be had.  maybe its something we cant fix
Well we were in our ACK...BECAUSE WE JUST TOOK OFF, Flippz. You are correct though,lots of jawing on 200 Sat evening. most unpleasant :( I mean really, you come in with alt LOTS of it. A few up to engage, before wheels are even stowed 3 rooks diving at you. HELL YES I am going to drag you through the ACK. If I do manage to get some E and turn to fight-OVER MY base-which is where the bad guys are,by the way. They dive on me from 3 directions, I might just Split S, sure as heck NOT gonna climp up to the 3 others or run the other direct to the other 4 guys. Where am I gonna go,SpliS it is...AND ITS MY FAULT ack killed YOU? GROW up. THATS WHAT I GET SICK OF. Being called a POS ack runner, a kitty body part are just a dick hacker :furious Its a every weekend thing. Not so much during the week, but seems its due to drinking or something, I dont know. THat is the part of the game that is helping everything else KILL IT :mad:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member

I agree flippz, it is maybe something we cannot fix.

I had the same experience, people want to play not fight.

And the ack.  OMG why do I have to keep RTBing due to damn ack hits?  Please let me fight the human player

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member

And the ack.  OMG why do I have to keep RTBing due to damn ack hits?  Please let me fight the human player

AA has become a nuisance.  20K, max range.  Ping. Oil hit or PW.   It's like 6/10 times.  Had three in a row at one point. 
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member

The ack is there for a reason Fess. Its to alow defenders at least a small chance to get up. You were not who I was reffering to in my earlier rant, by the way. I was in wirb by time you showed up. I only get by ack when flying too close to an enemy base, I know DUH. Folk fly through it ALL THE TIME and dont get hit,but when it does YES it sucks. Imagine what the Melee Rena would be without it....VULTCHING in the old DA is what killed that arena(among other BS gameplay)-without ack OMG :uhoh Honestly I wish the would up the lethality....More folk would leave it if they were able to atleast get off the runway. Thats the ONE and ONLY(well almost the only) reason you see me in wirb....If I cant fly, I am still gonna see that they die for it.Improved ack...and a chance to fight back...whats wrong with that? NO...it wont stop running to ack. Only see that happen a couple times for other than legitimate reasons. Had it happen Sat...IF I am empty, I have to land, NO. If I up light on gas so I can lift heavy for that ah at my field vulting in a wirb or T34...I may run out with a fuel hit...heck may run out while trying to fight my way to the wirb. What are we suposed to do fly a sector to land? Stay up till we get shot down. NOT EVERYONE fighting over their base, dives to the field out of FEAR. Not directed at you, but its still a bit fresh on my mind. It gets old
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline asterix

• Nickel Member
Maybe come up with more choices? I have awesome 1v1 fights frequently (in my opinion) whether I want it or not, even with very low numbers.
Win 7 Pro 64, AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3,0 GHz, Asus M2N mobo, refurbished Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 GV-N960IXOC-2GD 2GB, Corsair XMS2 4x2GB 800MHz DDR2, Seagate BarraCuda 7200.10 ST3160815AS 160GB 7200 RPM HDD, Thermaltake Smart 430W

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member

Main arena is war. They have been setting up 1 v 1 fight rooms though. You can even setup your own now.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline scott66

• Gold Member

I gave you me all last night!! :neener: wait.. That didn't come out right :bhead
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Well we were in our ACK...BECAUSE WE JUST TOOK OFF, Flippz. You are correct though,lots of jawing on 200 Sat evening. most unpleasant :( I mean really, you come in with alt LOTS of it. A few up to engage, before wheels are even stowed 3 rooks diving at you. HELL YES I am going to drag you through the ACK. If I do manage to get some E and turn to fight-OVER MY base-which is where the bad guys are,by the way. They dive on me from 3 directions, I might just Split S, sure as heck NOT gonna climp up to the 3 others or run the other direct to the other 4 guys. Where am I gonna go,SpliS it is...AND ITS MY FAULT ack killed YOU? GROW up. THATS WHAT I GET SICK OF. Being called a POS ack runner, a kitty body part are just a dick hacker :furious Its a every weekend thing. Not so much during the week, but seems its due to drinking or something, I dont know. THat is the part of the game that is helping everything else KILL IT :mad:

But this is the point we are trying to get across here! Game play has turned to this! People running to ack.....why? be cause they cant fight there way out of a paper bag OR they are getting ganged. Some people ENJOY being on the deck turning and burning..... ever fight Scott in his brewster? I've NEVER seen him run to ack no matter how many dive on him. HE CAN fight his way out of a paper bag

Me, my ego cant take too many deaths on the deck and so I'll up from another base like I did last night when the Knights were pushing for 56. I avoided getting ganged on the deck.

The point is we dont run to ack, we dont jump into vehicles we find another way to get into the fight. It has become the norm now to run away, jump in a gun of wirb and players "think" this is good game play.

Main arena is war. They have been setting up 1 v 1 fight rooms though. You can even setup your own now.

The point isnt so much 1 vs 1, its getting any fight at all

Last night Knights were pushing 56 in the north. They had better numbers. Rooks upped a bunch of fodder for them from 56 while a few of us upped north at another base to come in from the end of their line and stem the tide. Worked great, and 15-20 minutes later we had them on the run. That was it for an hour or so. Knights never came back....easy kills were gone... so Rooks pushed toward their base, nobody upped. 40 minutes later a new knight force is spotted coming into 56 again, defense ups and another good fight starts. This time the "pick Kings" come in and everyone leaves.

Two fights that never had a chance at getting to old style "Furball" due to game play. The first died out with a few guys getting in possition to cap on their direct line to the fight and so the easy kills ...vulchin and floppin turners on the deck are not available so they leave instead of trying a different tactic like....oh maybe coming from a different direction. Second fight dried up due to the Pick King who want nothing to do with the fight/war, they are only there to pick as many kills as they can and run home to get their name in lights for everyone to send them the high 5's on the radio.

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
You are correct it is war.  Lately it’s very boring. Imagine last night I was on bish and we were goi g to 66. The first 5 times I flew over there everyone was real low but they were able to muster a very nice dar bar. But the never got away from the base even though there was two tanks in town and the town was not wf. Now imagine we get tired of going to your base and we stay right outside the dar or just off our base and you (nits) stayed at yours how much fun is that. Y’all scream we are pickers and vulchers but guess what when we have a sector to climb out to get to your base we are gonna have alt and in order to fight we have to dive in on you. A better and more aggressive (more fun) idea is push into us. For two hours that never happened.

I know there is custom arenas and I have been in them more the last few days than the ma and have had a ball. It would also be nice to get a few fights in the ma that didn’t consist of chasing ganging and ack. I’m not sure what the hang up is about fighting in the am but it’s really killing the game for a lot of people. Last night when I logged off two other bish logged at the same time due to the same issue I was having. That’s not really a good sign of a game that was at or near it’s peek hours in game.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member

My observation from last night was you and 5 squaddies, plus a few random country men hovering above a bish base, waiting to kill guys as they take off. (That might be part of your ack wounding problems.) I flew four sectors as a knight to the bish rook front, as I didnt want to be part of the group of 12 knight guys doing what you guys were to the bish.

Eventually i switched to bish to find a fight.  Upon arrival i see your group of high speed, higher altitude planes diving on a couple of bish taking off.  I decided to roll and help them out from that same base, rather than come from a base back.. I have about an hour and a half film of it.

So when you are asking for fights, think about how you are trying to get one started.

Dont get me wrong, i had fun.  Id rather play from underneath and after almost two decades of this, my ability to survive and kill guys is above average.  But consider what influence that same situation would have had on a new player last night.

Thanks for a few good fights too.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
My observation from last night was you and 5 squaddies, plus a few random country men hovering above a bish base, waiting to kill guys as they take off. (That might be part of your ack wounding problems.) I flew four sectors as a knight to the bish rook front, as I didnt want to be part of the group of 12 knight guys doing what you guys were to the bish.

Eventually i switched to bish to find a fight.  Upon arrival i see your group of high speed, higher altitude planes diving on a couple of bish taking off.  I decided to roll and help them out from that same base, rather than come from a base back.. I have about an hour and a half film of it.

So when you are asking for fights, think about how you are trying to get one started.

Dont get me wrong, i had fun.  Id rather play from underneath and after almost two decades of this, my ability to survive and kill guys is above average.  But consider what influence that same situation would have had on a new player last night.

Thanks for a few good fights too.

Fess is the one guy who will say on the radio, “Let’s get away from the base a bit and give these guys a chance to up.”

I have begun doing the same.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member

So, six dive and pick planes taking off.  Hopefully, those players don’t consider that a “fight”, but merely target practice.  With that going on,  few are going to up a plane and allow it to continue.  Instead, some will up an Anti Vulch Whirble and pick you as you pick someone trying to takeoff.  Some will migrate to another base.  Others will simply log off.

Bottom line:  If, you want to fight, back off long enough to allow those taking off to at least get into a neutral fighting position.  Doing anything else only discourages a fight and results in more “can’t find a fight” complaints on the forum. 

And, there are the complaints of the ack Golden BB finding it’s way to something vital and slowing down target practice.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 10:52:55 AM by Puma44 »

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
My two cents and I've thought this for a long time. This game is just flat out hard. Now don't twist what I just said into some request to dumb things down. But there's been a complete change in mindset /culture/whatever in gamers from when I started in flight sims so long ago. What hooked me originally was EXACTLY that it was hard to pick up. I really liked the challenge of it. If it was easy I'd have lost interest fairly quickly and not hung around for now over 20 years! Problem is today gamers want to walk into a game and rule. Anything less than that and THE GAME must surely suck (eye roll). There's almost nothing in AH that can be easily mastered in the two week period let alone the 5 minutes people are giving it. Short attention spans are taking over and I don't think there's anything you could change in OUR GAME that's gonna fix that. Apparently people ARE trying the game but heading right back out the door and I think that's why. Too much to deal with.

That said there's been quite a shift in game play here over the years. People are so totally hung up on getting kills and NOT getting killed it's literally killing the game. I know - - that's the idea! But it's been taken to such an extreme of late, that in and of itself is making what should be now and has been a great game in the past- - quite lame. I used to fly religiously every night. Now it's all I can do to make FSO (which is also devolving due to numbers) and into the wee hours of Saturday morning so I can hang out with the squad. This past week after FSO I went to the MA as usual. Saw the buzzsaw map up. Groan. Why? Few fights. Looked at the numbers. Like 80 total players--on a Friday night mind you - - and a lot of them were in GVs. After the last fight dried up in the middle of the map I flew around for 15 minutes and didn't see an NME plane. Not much going on anywhere so I logged way early. Sad. I'm on Twitch. Love to put up the steam but if it's like that it's like bad advertising, so I don't. Also sad.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
So, six dive and pick planes taking off.  Hopefully, those players don’t consider that a “fight”, but merely target practice.  With that going on,  few are going to up a plane and allow it to continue.  Instead, some will up an Anti Vulch Whirble and pick you as you pick someone trying to takeoff.  Some will migrate to another base.  Others will simply log off.

Bottom line:  If, you want to fight, back off long enough to allow those taking off to at least get into a neutral fighting position.  Doing anything else only discourages a fight and results in more “can’t find a fight” complaints on the forum. 

And, there are the complaints of the ack Golden BB finding it’s way to something vital and slowing down target practice.

When I’m at 15-20K climbing up to BUFFs am not vulching.    Getting a max range oil hit or PW on the first ping from a large base I’m going around or an unseen CV Group is frankly ridiculous. 
”KILLER V”
The Damned