Author Topic: Combat Challenge 24 - AUGUST 3, 2018 - 11PM EDT  (Read 4377 times)

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
Combat Challenge 24 - AUGUST 3, 2018 - 11PM EDT
« on: July 18, 2018, 06:01:06 PM »
Combat Challenge 24

August 3, 2018, 10:00:00 PM

(GMT): Saturday, August 4, 2018 3:00:00 AM

CC 24 Results

***10K AIRSPAWNS AT A25,A29,A33 and A35 - SEE MAP***

- Terrain - HERVE
- Fuel 1.00
- FSO Icons (3K for enemy) (3k for friendly)
- Ack  2.0
- FULL Radar ON
- Aircraft warning range 12 miles (63,360)
- Tower range set to 12 miles (for display only to match the above setting)
- Visibility 17 miles
- External Ordnance DISABLED
- Enemy collisions ON
- Kill shooter OFF

As we continue the Combat Challenge series.  We ask that you bring yourself, your squaddies and friends, but especially bring your appetite for great aerial combat.  :aok

:salute
AKWarHwk of the Arabian Knights
Aces High Scenario, FSO, and Combat Challenge Teams
Don't let your ego get too close to your position, so that if your position gets shot down, your ego doesn't go with it. General Colin Powell

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Combat Challenge 24 - AUGUST 3, 2018 - 11PM EDT
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 08:13:15 PM »
Looks great except the 109E. Should be an F-4 given you have the SpitV.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline FBDragon

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 11:42:28 PM »
Looks great except the 109E. Should be an F-4 given you have the SpitV.

AMEN!!!!!   :cheers: :salute
Kommando Nowotny
XO
To Win The Winter Sky
Gl 1/Jg 11

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2018, 03:37:17 PM »
Emil vs. Spit V? Ouch. I will be there.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2018, 06:52:43 PM »
 :airplane:  I'll be there.  :salute
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2018, 07:33:05 PM »
So...10 pm ET or 11 ET?
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2018, 02:02:33 AM »
Thank you AKWarhawk for taking over CC.

But... 3 things... lessons to be learned.

- 109E/C202 vs Spit V/P40F was not a good matchup (performance or historical). 2nd hour was fine. I think this caused many axis players to switch or log off
- The imbalance was left to fester, at worst the difference was like 25 allied to 10 axis, most of the time it was around 22 to 15
- I shot down a P39Q well before logs closed. It's not showing!

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2018, 02:16:47 AM »
Thank you AKWarhawk for taking over CC.

But... 3 things... lessons to be learned.

- 109E/C202 vs Spit V/P40F was not a good matchup (performance or historical). 2nd hour was fine. I think this caused many axis players to switch or log off
- The imbalance was left to fester, at worst the difference was like 25 allied to 10 axis, most of the time it was around 22 to 15
- I shot down a P39Q well before logs closed. It's not showing!

Numbers aside, he is correct. 109E vs. SpitV is bad. 2nd hour was very fun!

Thank you Redtail for taking over, <S>.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Canspec

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2018, 10:55:59 AM »
I enjoyed the whole thing....even with the side numbers skewed......the 109f4 would have been a better match up with the Spit V, but the E4 is still strong against the Spit V. The extra 9 or 10 pilots on their side while I was on made a huge difference for them. The second hour still had a number skew in their favor, but the plane match up was better. The spit V and 9 are two of the top furball planes in the game, if you have good pilots and numbers advantage in turn fights, it doesn't matter what plane you put against them. All in all I thought it was a fun challenge. Thanks to the persons who put it on.

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
Re: Combat Challenge 24 - AUGUST 3, 2018 - 10PM EDT
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2018, 02:50:20 PM »

Combat Challenge Fans,

Thanks for flying Friday night. We hope that you enjoyed the furball fun. We have updated the Leaderboard scores for your review.

CC 2018 Leaderboard Scores

Please look for Combat Challenge 25 to be posted here in the Combat Challenge thread very soon. Also we apologize for the foul up in the posted event time in the title of this thread. We hope to avoid that in the future.

The Combat Challenge will get started at 10:00 pm EST on event night. Thanks for recognizing this change.

Best Regards,
Don't let your ego get too close to your position, so that if your position gets shot down, your ego doesn't go with it. General Colin Powell

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2018, 03:31:20 PM »

These points, glad someone else brought them up...

Even if a sub stepped in and took over the reigns, before the night began it was stated to us, by Redtail, that the sides would be balanced and if not, changes would be made to ensure that balance by our host asking others to switch sides.
Then I saw this and it explained why this was not only ignored, but it was almost a set-up...

Top Pilots: Kills
   flippz (Anti-Horde): 37
   CobraKai (Anti-Horde): 33
   silent02 (Anti-Horde): 18
   AKWarHwk (Arabian Knights): 18   (The Host)
   gp5 (Anti-Horde): 18
   AKGreyga (Arabian Knights): 17
   330SC (Anti-Horde): 16

8 of these came in the first hour, when the numbers were heavily skewed. Not only was our host taking advantage of the numbers, he didn't have any desire to change them, IMO, or he would not have stayed Allied. Even if he himself switched, this would be moot...

If you are doing something, Scenarios, FSO, Dueling Ladder, Combat Challenge, try to work harder to keep the sides even. Volunteers need to be unbiased and do their best to appear so, even if they are not. I have great respect for those that step up, but stepping up doesn't mean you are successful, even if others thank you for it over and over.
BOWL Axis CO 2014 BoB13 JG52 XO DSG2 Axis S. Cmdr 2012 WSDG Allied CO 2012 Multiple GL/XO Side/Section CO/XO since early '00s
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W.C.Fields

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2018, 07:12:34 PM »
Below you will find two tables from the Event Summary Logs. As you can see the makeup of the players that few Friday night. The Allies brought their squads out for some fun in larger numbers. The Axis had several more squads represented, but in much smaller numbers;

Allied Team (28 players)

Axis Team (30 players)

From the information provided above, what would you propose?

I can tell you this, like many of you, I to really enjoy flying the Combat Challenge to the fullest. I have been flying it since it first began and am currently not planning to stop my level of play. I took it over so that we could continue to have fun in Nefarious' absence.

Let's try and keep our comments on the positive side and looking for solutions to our issues.

Here are  few suggestion that we can all do to help;
  • Contact your squaddies and friends early and have them come out and fly on your side.
  • Talk up Combat Challenge in the Malee arena even after the event has started to encourage folks to still come out and fly.
Thanks for your help is trying to figure out how we can improve the event.

Cheers...

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2018, 08:06:34 PM »
Below you will find two tables from the Event Summary Logs. As you can see the makeup of the players that few Friday night. The Allies brought their squads out for some fun in larger numbers. The Axis had several more squads represented, but in much smaller numbers;

Allied Team (28 players)
(Image removed from quote.)

Axis Team (30 players)
(Image removed from quote.)

From the information provided above, what would you propose?

I can tell you this, like many of you, I to really enjoy flying the Combat Challenge to the fullest. I have been flying it since it first began and am currently not planning to stop my level of play. I took it over so that we could continue to have fun in Nefarious' absence.

Let's try and keep our comments on the positive side and looking for solutions to our issues.

Here are  few suggestion that we can all do to help;
  • Contact your squaddies and friends early and have them come out and fly on your side.
  • Talk up Combat Challenge in the Malee arena even after the event has started to encourage folks to still come out and fly.
Thanks for your help is trying to figure out how we can improve the event.

Cheers...

learn about the plane performance of each a/c we have in game then apply that to any issue you encounter...If the planes are set then it's up to the sides. Axis will usually be shorthanded that's just the way it is. I'm not sure what happened but if it has to be explained why E4s shouldn't go against Spit5s you might oughta quit while you're ahead.
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2018, 08:21:29 PM »
I wish I could have made it, I was working a booth at a local festival.

But I will say this, I wanted to get rid of the Allied vs Axis aspect of it the entire time I ran the challenge. When the planes are exactly the same on both sides, the only issue that remains is where the squads go.

<S> I hope to make the next one.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2018, 09:03:24 PM »
It was a scored event...I was very reluctant to send any of my guys Axis but I did...I intend on my squad winning the entire event series from the Allied side this year just like we won it from the Axis side last year...If it wasn't scored I would have moved all of us over...There should have been no Emil in the event...
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde