Author Topic: Carrying capacity of the Earth  (Read 13990 times)

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
Re: Carrying capacity of the Earth
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2018, 07:20:46 AM »
The carrying capacity increases when we start raising insects for food? Just a thought.

We could start with not wasting half of what we produce..
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2018, 11:51:52 AM »
I watched some documentaries on overpopulation.  I have deduced what will be when humans reach 12 billion (price gouging worldwide), 15 billion (food riots), 20 billion (food czars), 25 billion (mass starvations), 30 billion (cannibalism), 35 billion (animal cloning), 40 billion (insect diet), 45 billion (food paste consisting of protein and carbs and calories), and finally when the home sapiens club reaches the stupendous count of 50 billion, then

we have reached the necessary numerical count to bring forth the arrival of aliens who require us for their nutritional requirements.  Said alien arrival will be the aristocrats who will numbers in the hundreds and sustain their economic system implementing homo sapiens as a prized commodity. 

It's a shame I won't live to see this fulfillment.  I am very confident that my alien worth will be 1 million kasukas and special honor of being sent to the alien home world and being served to the High Muckey Duckey as a well roasted and BBQ glazed meal.

Until then, Mother Earth is vast and capable of supporting over 999 nonillion organisms at one time.  Oxygen levels will last another 1 billion years and 4 billion more for light with gradual warming trends in the future resulting in eventual evaporation of the oceans after 2 more billion years.

I trust this will calm your fears and let you get back to worrying about more pressing concerns. 

Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2018, 11:53:55 AM »
IMHO, nature, the universe and the earth have an innate method for correcting
imbalances... EXTINCTION
I really do not think we have anything to worry about  :cheers:
Either nature will render us obsolete or the universe will  :aok
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2018, 12:22:00 PM »
Cue George CarlIN.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline DaveBB

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2018, 01:38:22 PM »
See Rule #14
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 09:27:03 AM by Skuzzy »
Currently ignoring Vraciu as he is a whoopeeed retard.

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2018, 01:43:42 PM »
I watched some documentaries on overpopulation.  I have deduced what will be when humans reach 12 billion (price gouging worldwide), 15 billion (food riots), 20 billion (food czars), 25 billion (mass starvations), 30 billion (cannibalism), 35 billion (animal cloning), 40 billion (insect diet), 45 billion (food paste consisting of protein and carbs and calories), and finally when the home sapiens club reaches the stupendous count of 50 billion, then

we have reached the necessary numerical count to bring forth the arrival of aliens who require us for their nutritional requirements.  Said alien arrival will be the aristocrats who will numbers in the hundreds and sustain their economic system implementing homo sapiens as a prized commodity. 

It's a shame I won't live to see this fulfillment.  I am very confident that my alien worth will be 1 million kasukas and special honor of being sent to the alien home world and being served to the High Muckey Duckey as a well roasted and BBQ glazed meal.

Until then, Mother Earth is vast and capable of supporting over 999 nonillion organisms at one time.  Oxygen levels will last another 1 billion years and 4 billion more for light with gradual warming trends in the future resulting in eventual evaporation of the oceans after 2 more billion years.

I trust this will calm your fears and let you get back to worrying about more pressing concerns. 

Until the Spaceballs come and steal our air  :old:
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2018, 03:08:10 PM »
IMHO, nature, the universe and the earth have an innate method for correcting
imbalances... EXTINCTION
I really do not think we have anything to worry about  :cheers:
Either nature will render us obsolete or the universe will  :aok

99.99% of all species that lived on this planet are extinct. We's just another mosquito drinking our glorious drink before mother earth slaps us into a pile of goo.

We started as goo, we will end as goo...
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2018, 04:21:45 PM »
We need a world project to massively irrigate the Sahara desert.  That would create an exponential ability for crops and grazing potential.
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2018, 08:24:21 PM »
Cue George CarlIN.

"We’re going away. Pack your stuff, folks. We’re going away. And we won’t leave much of a trace, either. Maybe a little Styrofoam … The planet’ll be here and we’ll be long gone. Just another failed mutation. Just another closed-end biological mistake. An evolutionary cul-de-sac. The planet’ll shake us off like a bad case of fleas."
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2018, 08:36:00 PM »
"We’re going away. Pack your stuff, folks. We’re going away. And we won’t leave much of a trace, either. Maybe a little Styrofoam … The planet’ll be here and we’ll be long gone. Just another failed mutation. Just another closed-end biological mistake. An evolutionary cul-de-sac. The planet’ll shake us off like a bad case of fleas."

“The Earth isn’t going ANYWHERE.......WE ARE!”
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2018, 03:12:36 AM »
We will not reach numbers in the 10s of billions. The population is growing the fastest in the places and cultures that can least support it. Prepare to close your borders and run an endless string of "XXX aid" donation events to make us feel like good humanitarians while they parish.

Grim, but oh so predictable.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2018, 09:38:05 AM »
We will not reach numbers in the 10s of billions. The population is growing the fastest in the places and cultures that can least support it. Prepare to close your borders and run an endless string of "XXX aid" donation events to make us feel like good humanitarians while they parish.

Grim, but oh so predictable.

We will, the reason the population is growing is because of lower mortality rates and increased life expectancy. Number of births have been constant for a long time. The peak will be somewhere around 11-12 billion at the end of the century. Anything lower than that will require a massive genocide.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2018, 10:39:38 AM »
We will, the reason the population is growing is because of lower mortality rates and increased life expectancy. Number of births have been constant for a long time. The peak will be somewhere around 11-12 billion at the end of the century. Anything lower than that will require a massive genocide.

Stabilized societies reach replacement-level births over deaths.  Until you elevate the Somalias of the world to that point you’ll continue this trend.

I asked in Nigeria why people have ten kids even with almost no income.  The children grow up and care for their elderly parents.  More kids means one has more people to look after him/her.   It’s unsustainable, but that’s their mindset. 
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2018, 10:49:15 PM »
Interesting topic! :aok
The increasing overweight population in western world, could destabilize the Earth, fall off the orbit into the darkness of space or cause polar shift, North America could move to the bottom replace Antarctica at South Pole turn us all into penguins .  https://youtu.be/cesSRfXqS1Q

"There is no matter as such... ...This mind is the matrix of all matter " Max Planck 1944 https://youtu.be/QiZLlpqAQ7U   The Earth and material world is made out of some sort of quantum foam, floating all around us ,like pizza dough,  raw data and our mind, thoughts ,consciousness adds the topping, turns it  solid material ilussionary reality ; we the observers collapses the wave function, turn waves in matter. I have this photo on my desktop for awhile, helps me get over bad day and not to grasp at things;https://wakeup-world.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Thought-Provoking-Quantum-Experiments-Show-Reality-is-Only-an-Illusion1.jpg
I imagine it works like this;

or in Volkswagen commercial ;https://youtu.be/xSA0OtmzGAQ

It's an incredibly advanced alien holographic simulation , they can split the arena  and shift population, same like in game few years ago, parallel worlds do exist.  Rene Decarts  believed we are sitting inside the pineal gland , he called it the seat of the souls , controlling this bodies bio machines and generating reality via 3rd eye . I believe we not here, it's just a test simulation for soul punishment and recycling when we leave we have the oculus rift removed and meet our masters .  We are not here all the time, my yogi guru used to say after evening sessions; "See you in astral" .  We spend almost one third of our life sleeping ,outside of this realm, our true self transcedes beyond 3D ,floating in higher dimensions astral worlds where we belong , where time and matter don't ..matter. Perhaps the aliens switch the computers in energy saving mode send us to sleep.
It's an illussion ; https://youtu.be/qgJAKBryCr0

cheers!

« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 11:26:10 PM by ghi »