Author Topic: Carrying capacity of the Earth  (Read 13989 times)

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
Re: Carrying capacity of the Earth
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2018, 07:16:36 AM »
Humanity is a pest that will destroy the world eventually. We will turn to ashes and a new life form will take our place only to discover our past civilizations and repeat the cycle. Untill either the sun stops working or when they are like an ant collective and are able to colonize space to brake the cycle.

Untill than I enjoy the ride  :cheers:

DutchVII
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2018, 07:31:36 AM »
 :confused: :bolt:
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2018, 07:47:47 AM »
We can survive off of food that would kill a chimp and that bacteria can't even eat.

You mean McDonald's?

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2018, 08:50:01 AM »
Humanity is a pest that will destroy the world eventually.
DutchVII
True, confirmed in  Godzilla 2 trailer   "...we are the infection..."  https://youtu.be/CT3eA2t2G28
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 08:52:09 AM by ghi »

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2018, 09:13:40 AM »
We must continue to watch for talking apes. They must be planning by now.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2018, 09:56:10 AM »
The world doesn't run on greed, the world runs on envy and jealousy.

“Greed.........is good.”
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: July 24, 2018, 10:11:09 AM »
True, confirmed in  Godzilla 2 trailer   "...we are the infection..."  https://youtu.be/CT3eA2t2G28

Lol! I should become a movie script writer :rofl

I am gonna watch out for that movie :D

DutchVII
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2018, 10:23:41 AM »
Someone mentioned living underwater......I don't think so (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4779682/)!
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: July 24, 2018, 10:53:32 AM »
Here is one person who thinks it will level off around 11 billion: https://youtu.be/2LyzBoHo5EI

Where people live:https://www.gapminder.org/answers/where-do-people-live/

I think it is fairly obvious that with the technology we have right now we cannot just scale up our lifestyle globally, not everyone in the world can drive a buick, that just won't work. On the other hand I don't think we necessarily have to live lives of hardship and deprivation. There is still plenty of fat to cut out in terms of profligate waste with existing tech and it is not like innovation is over.

My personal wonder about is whether or not there is going to be another full out industrial and technological war. If that happens and humans hold true to form, (that being that people don't stop fighting till exhausted,) I think things will get pretty miserable and dark ages like.
Pies not kicks.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: July 24, 2018, 11:27:48 AM »
Here is one person who thinks it will level off around 11 billion: https://youtu.be/2LyzBoHo5EI

Where people live:https://www.gapminder.org/answers/where-do-people-live/

I think it is fairly obvious that with the technology we have right now we cannot just scale up our lifestyle globally, not everyone in the world can drive a buick, that just won't work. On the other hand I don't think we necessarily have to live lives of hardship and deprivation. There is still plenty of fat to cut out in terms of profligate waste with existing tech and it is not like innovation is over.

My personal wonder about is whether or not there is going to be another full out industrial and technological war. If that happens and humans hold true to form, (that being that people don't stop fighting till exhausted,) I think things will get pretty miserable and dark ages like.

I disagree.   We have the resources to significantly upgrade lifestyles.  The problem is that you can’t teach a Nigerian to think like an American unless you immerse them.   They think cooking with diesel is normal and you can explain the harm in it until you’re blue in the face, it won’t matter. But at least everyone has a cell phone. 
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2018, 01:16:35 PM »
With regard to upgrading lifestyle, cell phone yes Buick no. What I mean is that I don't believe 11 Billion people can have our lifestyle if it is produced as it is now. Just like we wouldn't have smartphones if we still made computers like this: https://youtu.be/YIBhPsyYCiM

What I like to reflect on is how different the world was in 1927 from 1947. Just 20 years!
Pies not kicks.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2018, 01:54:31 PM »
Once all of the cockroaches get smushed for crimes against humanity (cough Executive Order cough). We will finally stop the gangs from suppressing new age transportation and healthcare methods. The tech has already been discovered and suppressed. Healthcare treatments have been discovered and supressed. We already have the technology to advance in terms of healthcare and transportation. The space force will prove that we have it. They didn't want a space force because they do everything on a black budget. Now they won't be able to that as easily.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2018, 02:33:07 PM »
With regard to upgrading lifestyle, cell phone yes Buick no. What I mean is that I don't believe 11 Billion people can have our lifestyle if it is produced as it is now. Just like we wouldn't have smartphones if we still made computers like this: https://youtu.be/YIBhPsyYCiM

What I like to reflect on is how different the world was in 1927 from 1947. Just 20 years!

Bruh, we've built enough cars on this planet for everyone to own three.    There is no problem with everyone owning a car.   The issues are that globalization is driving (no pun intended) everything to be owned by a few centralized companies in some fictitious global market (don't get me started) rather than in numerous national/regional economies.    Why?  Profit margin.

ARBITRAGE.  It's a lifestyle killer.

When I went to business school we were taught things like "normal profit" and morality in terms of how much to charge.   Nobody discusses that any more.

If Nigeria and that region were developed regionally into an economic system like the US's they would all own Buicks.   As it stands now, they own a lot of cars, they just don't have A/C most of the time and just about all of them have a check engine light on...

”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2018, 03:11:29 PM »
That is a misconception - you cannot cheat evolution. The fittest survive and carry on, but the criteria for evaluating "fittest" change. The only thing humans can do is to rock our evolution boat hard enough until it capsizes - but then the joke is on us. By that I mean that we extinct ourselves.
Yes, but would you LIKE to survive on food that will kill a chimp? Unless the food IS the chimp, my answer would be no. I want more than just survive.

The birth rates in the "west" (this includes Japan S. Korea etc) are going down, but that is not where the world population is. The majority of the world population are still reproducing at high enough rates and that is worse because thay are creating more people who are poor from birth, live with the poor, and will never be anything other than uneducated poor with lots of poor children of their own.

The world does not need to reach max capacity for a tragedy on mass scale - it is enough that regions of it reach capacity limits. The violence and suffering will then spill over to the more advanced civilizations that think that they are safe because we have not reached total global capacity.
That was the point I was TRYING :uhoh to make. WE are rocking that boat pretty hard. It just seems counter productive to said evolutionary changes if we tamper with WHAT IT MEANS TO BE "FITTEST". Sure it will eventually equal out,but not till after taking a step backwards. Its all a great big mystery really..such is life. Why worry..its a waste of time :cheers:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2018, 03:35:09 PM »
Humanity is a pest that will destroy the world eventually. We will turn to ashes and a new life form will take our place only to discover our past civilizations and repeat the cycle. Untill either the sun stops working or when they are like an ant collective and are able to colonize space to brake the cycle.

DutchVII

Gibberish
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario