Author Topic: We've been infiltrated by Romulan agitators  (Read 1842 times)

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: We've been infiltrated by Romulan agitators
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2018, 12:20:54 PM »
I think the unrealistic belief that you should be able to see GV's on the ground any time you look for them, has brought this game to a dark place.

No, it's your ridiculous belief that GV's should be immune to air attack which has brought us here.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2018, 02:11:18 PM »
No, it's your ridiculous belief that GV's should be immune to air attack which has brought us here.

Truth nuke. 
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2018, 03:23:37 PM »

For some weeks POTW has been finding and killing Cybro and PTBop for parking in the bushes just to create a flashing base or a GVDAR block to act as passive resistance greifing. They end up requiring up to an hour to find them or minutes with a film. Even Virgil has gotten in on the fun... :O

Their activities have no real effect on local outcomes and can be ignored. The GVers who want to fight after they spawn in, yes they hide but, they eventually give themselves away becasue they came to that location to attack things. Turn off post lighting, GVs really cannot hide at that point. Even parked inside those 5 trees in a ring standard for the Euro and Pac tile sets. With it off, from a storch 100ft above, just look straight down into the trees and you can see them. It's finding that needle in the haystack ring of trees in the 3x3 GVDAR block which is the real problem. Not really different than real life and our GVers now run a few MG rounds into the trees like using sonar looking for hit sprites.

I'll venture about half of our player base drives GV's. And a good number of those fly planes. Our game today in the MA is a combined arms game. GV's once spotted, are doomed becasue of bombs. If they want to sneak around, let them. Once they reveal themselves, they know a timer has kicked in most times that will not end well for them. At least they are showing some stones and taking a risk. We have too much risk avoidance these days.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2018, 10:25:54 PM »
Bustr, no player should have to alter their video settings to fix a broken gameplay mechanic. That is just as asinine as scouting with film in my book. 

Just because you and a few guys want to dedicate the hours upon hours necessary to develop the skills for searching and spotting a hidden GV, does not mean that the task is easy for the average player. Given the predominance of GV use, hunting GV's via aircraft should be a task reasonably accomplished by the average player. That is not the case.

Successful GV hunting is currently a high skill endeavour and is waste of time for the average player to undertake. They will either feed easy kills to the hidden GV's or burn holes in the sky searching in vain. Unless that player finds enjoyment enough in airborne GV attack, it is unlikely that they will spend the time to learn to do the job correctly. They probably won't care enough to try one of your clever workarounds. They will simply move on to other tasks which are more enjoyable.

Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2018, 11:10:09 PM »
I think the unrealistic belief that you should be able to see GV's on the ground any time you look for them, has brought this game to a dark place.
let them bury and eat themselves alive dundee! To try to reason with these forum folks is a lost cause. It was one hell of a run sir  :salute

In the end folks who have complained about other peoples style of play and the whined to the point that htc changed the game has eventually lost those players and will continue to do so 1 by 1. Really is sad to watch this game die on the vine.

The beauty of this game was the sand box.  Now its just a sand castle in a thunderstorm with the alterations and low numbers.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 11:13:49 PM by mERv »
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations."Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s? It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns"Diaster
"Take your meds" ShadowX

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2018, 11:15:04 PM »
let them bury and eat themselves alive dundee! To try to reason with these forum folks is a lost cause. It was one hell of a run sir  :salute

In the end folks who have complained about other peoples style of play and the whined to the point that htc changed the game has eventually lost those players and will continue to do so 1 by 1. Really is sad to watch this game die on the vine.

The beauty of this game was the sand box.  Now its just a sand castle in a thunderstorm with the alterations and low numbers.

I’d say you guys have done that quite well on your own.  Tanks Low, not Aces High.
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline toddbobe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2018, 12:16:44 AM »
Stop by the NIT O-club we have the finest Romulan ale.
Todd

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2018, 01:02:30 AM »
Stop by the NIT O-club we have the finest Romulan ale.
Todd

“It takes this stuff a while to ferment.”
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2018, 11:05:07 AM »
I’d say you guys have done that quite well on your own.  Tanks Low, not Aces High.

We already have tanks high, B26 and Yak3  :noid
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2018, 11:24:50 AM »

B-26s are easy.  Yaks not so much. 
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2018, 02:57:28 PM »
:rofl :rofl
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2018, 06:11:50 PM »
Could be the Cardassians ( not the Italian people). I hate them above all space aliens.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2018, 06:41:18 PM »
hence all the trees and the GV Dar--old news find something else
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.