Author Topic: 1 Year Update  (Read 2025 times)

Offline Pandora

• Copper Member
1 Year Update
« on: July 27, 2018, 04:46:38 PM »
Hi all,

Just wondering how the game has changed in the last year?

I see battleships .. /sigh .. seem pointless?

I see there see seems to be ack between air bases?

A darbar for GVs?

Anything else I need to know about?

Number of players gone up or down?

Thanks,
Pan <S>

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
Re: 1 Year Update
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2018, 05:37:40 PM »
The ju88 was just updated. It looks great.

A nice new map just came out by Bustr. It looks like a cross between a tribal tattoo and a sphincter muscle. Great sea battles and details for gv'rs.

Lot's of great new skins

I think the F4F/ FM2 and Ki-61 were redone within the last year.

The player count is about the same. It's rare that I don't have fun in AH3. There was over 200 the other night.

Come back and see!
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2018, 12:57:59 AM »
Yup, numbers are fairly close to year or so levels. I personally have NO problem having fun. Battle Ships are pretty BAD XXX...16in guns, NOTHING un fun about that. Take a town down in no time, plus they are alot sturdier than the older Cruisers. Ack between air bases? Not sure I know what you mean? Its the same as always has been. GV dar...WELL thats fairly subjective. Some like it, some loathe it and MOST could care less. Its the new "Disgruntled Player's" whipping post, thats fore SURE. It is supposed to simulate stuff like forward listening post and citizen reports for early warning. Think its a 200yd x 200yrd area that is shown by the Gv dar. Its still easy to hide under trees and such(engine OFF), personally I have no problem with it. I never had issues finding Gvs, at least now I get a heads up as to what is causing a base to flash...I hate upping light to meet fighters, when its a tank camping a spawn. So I like it. So like I said, its subjective. Oh, and VR works GREAT! its been a game changer for me..absolutely LOVE IT  :rock Think that just about covers every thing.   :cheers:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2018, 03:52:11 AM »
Come back in for October's "Pantelleria, 1943" Scenario.  It will be glorious!  :aok

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2018, 01:50:46 PM »
Yup, numbers are fairly close to year or so levels. I personally have NO problem having fun. Battle Ships are pretty BAD XXX...16in guns, NOTHING un fun about that. Take a town down in no time, plus they are alot sturdier than the older Cruisers. Ack between air bases? Not sure I know what you mean? Its the same as always has been. GV dar...WELL thats fairly subjective. Some like it, some loathe it and MOST could care less. Its the new "Disgruntled Player's" whipping post, thats fore SURE. It is supposed to simulate stuff like forward listening post and citizen reports for early warning. Think its a 200yd x 200yrd area that is shown by the Gv dar. Its still easy to hide under trees and such(engine OFF), personally I have no problem with it. I never had issues finding Gvs, at least now I get a heads up as to what is causing a base to flash...I hate upping light to meet fighters, when its a tank camping a spawn. So I like it. So like I said, its subjective. Oh, and VR works GREAT! its been a game changer for me..absolutely LOVE IT  :rock Think that just about covers every thing.   :cheers:

I'm not sure what numbers your looking at......but I can tell you the numbers in FSO are down quite a bit. And I know many only stay in the game just to do FSO and don't fly the MA.

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2018, 02:14:39 PM »
I'm not sure what numbers your looking at......but I can tell you the numbers in FSO are down quite a bit. And I know many only stay in the game just to do FSO and don't fly the MA.

Thanks for the update Debbie Downer... Anything else you want to talk down about...Your attitude for months as been awful...Just saying...Ur not helping...
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2018, 02:18:08 PM »

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2018, 02:22:11 PM »
Come back in for October's "Pantelleria, 1943" Scenario.  It will be glorious!  :aok

This is gonna be an AWSOME one!!

As far as numbers is concerned, I would say it's pretty stable. Although it's summer time numbers are always a little lower.

Pandora get back, I wanna shoot at you! :neener:

DutchVII
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2018, 02:32:14 PM »
This is gonna be an AWSOME one!!

As far as numbers is concerned, I would say it's pretty stable. Although it's summer time numbers are always a little lower.

Pandora get back, I wanna shoot at you! :neener:

DutchVII

Numbers use to jump in the summer, all those "squeekers" would join up and most would drop out when school started back up. We dont seem to get  many of them any more.

Yes the numbers seem to be stable compared to last year, but many think game play is going down hill faster. Only way for you to be sure is join up for a month and give it a try.

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2018, 09:08:01 PM »
The battleship is quite deadly.  Takes longer to reload but if you know how to shoot ship guns, you can one shot hill SBs and hangers.  Always a good idea to sink them asap. 
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2018, 11:26:47 PM »
Uh, no.

Uh, No? The new map doesn't have the 'micro terrains' the map makers talk about?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 11:35:02 PM by BuckShot »
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2018, 04:08:03 AM »
Numbers use to jump in the summer, all those "squeekers" would join up and most would drop out when school started back up. We dont seem to get  many of them any more.

Yes the numbers seem to be stable compared to last year, but many think game play is going down hill faster. Only way for you to be sure is join up for a month and give it a try.

It's pretty much my own observation on the EU timezone from the past 13-14 years. I always had the idea the numbers dropped a bit in summer. Back than I would log in at 1 pm and play till 1 am(during my time with The Wreaking Crew it often was 4am). Now it's not worth my time to log in before 8pm. Not enough competition. But that's how the last 5 years have been.

Gameplay always had his ups and down. The only thing I noticed, certain individuals like to hide behind there friends and only come in to pick as of late and than whine about it when it somewhat happens to them.

Good thing Seano came along to fight me straight up and whoop my butt the other day, now that was a fight  :D

Other good things are NRshida's breakfast club! Very good duels where going on there!

And don't forget about the scenarios, FSO and Fortress Europe!! I can recommend anyone those :cheers:

DutchVII
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 04:15:21 AM by TWCAxew »
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2018, 04:42:20 AM »
31 game patches.
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2018, 05:54:32 PM »
Hello Pandora, good to hear from you.  :salute
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2018, 10:18:33 PM »
No BS assessment. The game itself is spectacular, better than ever. Unfortunately it is more unpopular than ever. We gray beards are dying off and millenials are misers.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck