Author Topic: sure HOPE this is a bug report  (Read 3120 times)

Offline Frodo

• Platinum Member
Re: sure HOPE this is a bug report
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2018, 08:59:30 PM »
More fights than I have seen in a long time.  :aok

JG11 

TEAMWORK IS ESSENTIAL....IT GIVES THE ENEMY SOMEONE ELSE TO SHOOT AT.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2018, 09:06:39 PM »
More fights than I have seen in a long time.  :aok

....but were they fights, or just people running into each other?

Im all for finding/running into other players, but not if it leads to chasing more players to ack and such.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2018, 09:15:10 PM »
Full radar is often used for tank night in the AvA.  It makes flanking a target essentially impossible.  The enemy tank knows where the attacking tank is at all times and can just position his frontal armor against it.  Up a Tiger II, the frontal armor of which is nearly impervious to any other tank, and win every battle.  The AvA usually counters this somewhat by adding a delay time to the GV radar update (and by almost never enabling the Tiger II).

Personally, I suspect I will not like this change at all: it devolves tank battles to simple brute force frontal jousting.  No setting up ambushes at choke points, no hiding hull down, no shoot and scoot, just point at each other and bang bang.

I have zero interest in GVs so those tweaks I will leave up to you guys who care about that stuff.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2018, 09:16:03 PM »
I like it for fighters. I think the tanks and buffs need to be excluded if possible.
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2018, 10:58:50 PM »
....but were they fights, or just people running into each other?

Im all for finding/running into other players, but not if it leads to chasing more players to ack and such.
Well...you know where EVERYONE is ALL the time,so... :uhoh  Will they fight YOUR fight,remains to be seen I guess. Sure, they still act as they always have... nothing will ever change that. No need to wonder AT ALL as to what  you are flying into. Made a difference in that aspect at least. Pretty sure this will lead to HIGH ALT furballs...Only way to get advantage since you know where they are....IMO Only an idiot would fly alone,low into a place with 10 red guys..not much of a difference really. Just that the Moans and Lamentations will evolve. I didnt drop a single bomb tonight...Felt dirty just to think about it. I am sure that it might grow on me though :devil
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Online Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2018, 11:23:08 PM »
Well...you know where EVERYONE is ALL the time,so... :uhoh  Will they fight YOUR fight,remains to be seen I guess. Sure, they still act as they always have... nothing will ever change that. No need to wonder AT ALL as to what  you are flying into. Made a difference in that aspect at least. Pretty sure this will lead to HIGH ALT furballs...Only way to get advantage since you know where they are....IMO Only an idiot would fly alone,low into a place with 10 red guys..not much of a difference really. Just that the Moans and Lamentations will evolve. I didnt drop a single bomb tonight...Felt dirty just to think about it. I am sure that it might grow on me though :devil

Guess im an idiot that enjoys fighting rather than climbing... there used to be a lot more around.

Going to check this out after the brewers close out the dodgers.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2018, 11:28:49 PM »
Guess im an idiot that enjoys fighting rather than climbing... there used to be a lot more around.

Didn't you get the memo?  This isn't a combat game.  It's a hider game for people to sneak and roll undefended bases for ego purposes.    :D :rofl
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 12:42:33 AM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2018, 11:32:24 PM »

Yes you are...but wasnt talking about THAT TYPE of idiot! I am one of THOSE....we know what we like and do it for the thrill...THE IDIOT i was referring to..was the one that will WHINE and CRY about getting picked or ganged  WHILE SEEING where ABSOLUTELY EVERY PLANE IS! :rofl
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2018, 12:30:15 AM »
I like it for fighters. I think the tanks and buffs need to be excluded if possible.

I agree shamus.  And maybe even keep the below dar and icon alts of 250 and 65.

One-eye
"One-Eye"

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2018, 03:19:41 AM »
I agree shamus.  And maybe even keep the below dar and icon alts of 250 and 65.

One-eye
Absolutely! I dont have a dog in this fight, per say. Every thing is still some GREAT FUN! The radar thing would be something I think I could get on board with. I like this ALL DAR...but not quite enough if it hurts others. Gvs are going to get the full brunt of this change. Bomber/strat raids are in a dead heat with the Gvs. Would be so much harder to plan around these issues, while being able to see where bombers are lifting from? It sure did make it easy to find the "RED" guys though! It offered just about EVERY aspect of game play..IMO. Love hitting Bombers,bomb****ing gvs, and simple combat control? I think this sort of setting could really boost game play? Would absolutely invite more TEAM WORK,IMO AND NO....I didnt bomb**** ONCE...I felt dirty just thinking about it.

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2018, 03:25:39 AM »

Also exclude fighters carrying bombs (some planes score as bomber/attack so there is no simple line to cut off the display).

Or just connect it to the score-as stting. Everyone scoring as fighter sees everyone scoring as fighter. That helps people finding something that intends to fight back. But to protect their homeland they will still have to work a bit harder.

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2018, 05:21:14 PM »
You need to get rid of the dar bars, they just clutter up things. Don't need them anyway. Get rid of the clouds, since you know where the planes are anyway. Might as well make it easy as possible.

You can use logic to justify almost anything. That's it's power and it's fault.   

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2018, 10:13:30 PM »
Now we can get rid of the radar towers, radar strat, radar rings, vehicle dar, and bar dar.

Add lead computing gunsight and f3 view...
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2018, 01:17:50 AM »
The ingratitude and cynicism displayed by so many is utterly appalling.    Give the man a chance.   SMH.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2018, 11:55:23 AM »
Give the man a chance for what ? Really. How much more will HT take away in the future? I still do not understand why they are doing this in the first places.