Author Topic: sure HOPE this is a bug report  (Read 3122 times)

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
Re: sure HOPE this is a bug report
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2018, 01:19:42 PM »
Give the man a chance for what ? Really. How much more will HT take away in the future? I still do not understand why they are doing this in the first places.

Should've been a test arena for this crap..

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2018, 01:34:46 PM »

Coogan
With two people on...
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2018, 01:52:33 PM »
You need to get rid of the dar bars, they just clutter up things. Don't need them anyway. Get rid of the clouds, since you know where the planes are anyway. Might as well make it easy as possible.

+1

Seems arcadish to me.. Might as well do away with base taking and just let everyone air start

:salute

"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2018, 02:40:25 PM »
Ramesis, I agree.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2018, 02:46:51 PM »
GUYS.....ITS TEMPORARY   While I have absolutely NO IDEA what data he would be looking at with this test, and yes its different......its a TEMPORARY thing. Doesnt mean A THING, and any extrapolations of conspiracy theories or what ifs is a MUTE POINT. Give it a chance. Its just like with AH3..it was in OPEN ALPHA for a good 9 MONTHS, with very limited numbers of players testing it out. WHAT HAPPENED? Everyone ignored the fact that change was coming and waited till AH2 was closed to come and check it out.. SAME RESULT HT fix your broke game...this sucks...Im quitting...why not change it back to AH2......So he is testing in the MA...BIG DEAL. Just something different to GRIPE ABOUT. All he has heard for over a year is complaining...NOW WHEN HE DOES TRY TO FIX SOMETHING....all you guys can do is scream and throw tantrums. WE are GROWN bellybutton MEN...we are better than this :bhead
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2018, 04:02:49 PM »
When we went to AH III, I spent over 500 dollars for upgrades just to keep playing and still my frame rate for GV's is 15-25. AH III, we got pretty scenery, but lost our custom sounds.I still would like to know what their end game is, that's all. The more they update, the more we loose.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2018, 04:03:49 PM »
Give the man a chance for what ? Really. How much more will HT take away in the future? I still do not understand why they are doing this in the first places.

If you were a new player, first time in to the arena, and like most new players didnt both to read ANY help pages  :rolleyes: and you logged in to see 100 plane and vehicles represented on the map, OR a few planes here and there with a few dar bars in sectors were the radar has been knocked out. Which view would you think had more action? Which view would look more like theres a party going on? Honestly, full on Dar makes the game look like a LOT more is going on.

Coogan

In a test arena, or even the combat arena all there is is a couple players in there. How is that going to show what it would look like with the whole map lite up with action? The point is to make it look like there are people PLAYING the game.

With that being said this isnt a finished product. To be honest I dont think this game will EVER be "finished" As long as people will play it, Hitech will add to it.  This radar test "looks" great, but it hurts game play for many. Im sure Hitech will tweak it. He has already posted that he has added some lines of code so that he can easily adjust things with the radar instead of just the all ON, all OFF he has now.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2018, 04:19:43 PM »

Have some faith and the answer will be revealed.   All this splodey-heading is doing nobody any good. 
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2018, 04:28:49 PM »
Have some faith and the answer will be revealed.   All this splodey-heading is doing nobody any good.
He’d probably help himself some good if he wasn’t so bloody cryptic. A little more flipping clarity would go a long damn way.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2018, 04:46:16 PM »
He’d probably help himself some good if he wasn’t so bloody cryptic. A little more flipping clarity would go a long damn way.

“Keep your Marines informed.”

Good advice. 
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2018, 04:48:35 PM »
Possibly the current "all on" radar is a tolerance test to gauge where to begin his next test of these settings combined with the existing settings.

Right now enemy vehicles off and show bombers as fighters would have alleviated some amount of doom and gloom predictions. Setting fighters to be seen no matter what at all times, you wouldn't have to look that hard for someone to shoot at. It might give away NOE missions...In AH1\2 we did fine not knowing if a dar dot was a fighter or a bomber. But it was usually a good guess a red dot in your back field was a bomber heading for a strat. I'm in the camp showing enemy tank and bomber locations will not be good for the game in the long run. Even going back to dots only for all planes visible all the time would not hurt things. At which point going back to 250ft for your dot showing would be fair to the sneaking bent.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the next patch I am writing some new radar option flags so configurations can change and I can test some different combinations.

Enemy Vehicles On Radar
Friendly Vehicles On Radar
Show Bombers as Fighters

Also the BelowRadarAlt will remain active even if full radar is enabled.
It can be set to 0 to disable it.

HiTech
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2018, 05:26:58 PM »
You are correct, keep us U.S. Marines  ('67-'71) informed.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2018, 01:55:10 AM »
When we went to AH III, I spent over 500 dollars for upgrades just to keep playing and still my frame rate for GV's is 15-25.

When we went to AH III I still could play with my Radeon HD 6970 pretty well on my now ten years old system and a 2560x1600 monitor. Spending 150 for a used GTX970 raised my frames to a solid 59-60. Either your investment wasn't too successful or there's something going on in the background eating your processing power.

However, to do you justice I just run a quick test and to my surprise the GV frame rates dropped down to 30-45 but only in the Turret. I'll write a separate bug report about that.  :salute
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2018, 03:30:52 AM »
 :aok
If you were a new player, first time in to the arena, and like most new players didnt both to read ANY help pages  :rolleyes: and you logged in to see 100 plane and vehicles represented on the map, OR a few planes here and there with a few dar bars in sectors were the radar has been knocked out. Which view would you think had more action? Which view would look more like theres a party going on? Honestly, full on Dar makes the game look like a LOT more is going on.

In a test arena, or even the combat arena all there is is a couple players in there. How is that going to show what it would look like with the whole map lite up with action? The point is to make it look like there are people PLAYING the game.

With that being said this isnt a finished product. To be honest I dont think this game will EVER be "finished" As long as people will play it, Hitech will add to it.  This radar test "looks" great, but it hurts game play for many. Im sure Hitech will tweak it. He has already posted that he has added some lines of code so that he can easily adjust things with the radar instead of just the all ON, all OFF he has now.
FINALLY! We are on the same page,Sir! If it helps game play..I am MORE than wiling to be a test subject! I mean...What is so wrong about testing settings and their influence on game play? All those that constantly rail against HighTech....Fix your broke A game...Graphics are 3rd world... ect..should be rejoicing his testing of new settings,IMO Sure with Dar like it is,FULL( sucks for some) is awkward... I still did EVERYTHING i USUALLY did :D Gv icons..so what? You still have to see them to kill them...all Dar for planes...anyone with a modicum of reading the map would pick you out anyway. I sure does concentrate those who love a good furball. Personally  THAT suits me JUST FINE.
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain