Author Topic: Radar Testing  (Read 29109 times)

Offline Ron

• Copper Member
Re: Radar Testing
« Reply #300 on: August 04, 2018, 11:53:24 AM »
I mean what I said. Not the words you try to put into my mouth.
God Save the Queen..!

Offline redcatcherb412

• Nickel Member
« Reply #301 on: August 04, 2018, 12:07:25 PM »
You still would have people in the tower vectoring friends to targets.  So I would expect pretty much the same thing. 
They could assign a new category like  fighter, bomber, attack and  Radar Operator/observer
Ground Pounders ...

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #302 on: August 04, 2018, 12:14:31 PM »
you mean you can't sneak into a base to vulch the runway right

Have one of your homies up a tank and defend the place.  I thought action was the key here.  Trying to rid a runway of enemy tanks, isn't that action?  Isn't it action when one of your fields or towns is getting over run?  Suppressing a runway so the town can be taken, jeez some folks call that tactics.  I suppose it's perfectly ok to suppress a runway with 3 fighters circling and vulching, though. 

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #303 on: August 04, 2018, 12:15:36 PM »
I mean what I said. Not the words you try to put into my mouth.

He was describing what some refer to as a "tactical" move.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #304 on: August 04, 2018, 12:23:02 PM »
Have one of your homies up a tank and defend the place.  I thought action was the key here.  Trying to rid a runway of enemy tanks, isn't that action?  Isn't it action when one of your fields or towns is getting over run?  Suppressing a runway so the town can be taken, jeez some folks call that tactics.  I suppose it's perfectly ok to suppress a runway with 3 fighters circling and vulching, though.

Still not the issue. 

Upping for defense is optional.    The notion you should be able to roll up on a base and bang away all day undetected is sheer lunacy.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #305 on: August 04, 2018, 12:29:16 PM »
Yo bet lets get into this cell phone arcade style of playing. I will wait to see what he comes up with but if it is anything as stupid as it is now I am done with the game. So have fun with your point and shoot style of play as it is now.

gldnbb is living in the past. AH2 is gone, get over it-quit comparing then to now.
or now to then.
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #306 on: August 04, 2018, 12:35:08 PM »
No one rolls up to a base undetected and bangs away all day. Even in the old pre GV dar days if a base was flashing someone would check it out and know if someone was hammering a base.

Still not the issue. 

Upping for defense is optional.    The notion you should be able to roll up on a base and bang away all day undetected is sheer lunacy.
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #307 on: August 04, 2018, 12:45:09 PM »
Still not the issue. 

If the notion that "you should be able to roll up on a base and bang away all day undetected" bothers you, does a set of 30k Ki-67's deacking your field to set up the vulch bother you?  Do NOE raids that take out guns first and then vulch the runway bother you? 

Making an argument that the game needs more action, then complaining when that action it's literally sitting there on your runway shooting at you while your base flashes, is facile.

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #308 on: August 04, 2018, 12:49:27 PM »
No one rolls up to a base undetected and bangs away all day. Even in the old pre GV dar days if a base was flashing someone would check it out and know if someone was hammering a base.

People thinking that GVs can stay undetected near fields simply never tried pressing F5 in tower.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #309 on: August 04, 2018, 12:50:51 PM »

Only if they’re shooting. 

Don’t be obtuse. 

A guy could flash a base in his chute, too.   

GV warning bars act as eyes on the ground.   They’re a substitute for the realism you claim to crave. 

“Tanks!   Tanks!  Help!”

If the player base chooses to ignore that warning fine.   I, OTOH, use it to land somewhere I won’t get sniped. 
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #310 on: August 04, 2018, 12:52:00 PM »
People thinking that GVs can stay undetected near fields simply never tried pressing F5 in tower.

You can’t “[press] F5 in tower (sic)” when you’re in the cockpit of a P-51.   :old:
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #311 on: August 04, 2018, 12:57:31 PM »
If the notion that "you should be able to roll up on a base and bang away all day undetected" bothers you, does a set of 30k Ki-67's deacking your field to set up the vulch bother you?  Do NOE raids that take out guns first and then vulch the runway bother you? 

No, because those mimick real life just like GV warning bars do.

Making an argument that the game needs more action, then complaining when that action it's literally sitting there on your runway shooting at you while your base flashes, is facile.

What’s facile is your entire premise—namely that nobody would ever notice or be informed of the presence of a GV on the field except by looking for it in the tower or being blasted by it as you spawn.

I don’t find GVs as action in any form. They’re a walking talking double-standard one-way street of gaminess.    I love dropping 1K-pound bombs on them and that’s about all the use for them I have.    Glad they help fund the game at least.

Your definition of “action” is griefing spawning or landing airplanes.   Real sporting.  At least with a vulched field I know to up or land elsewhere.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 01:00:34 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #312 on: August 04, 2018, 01:02:02 PM »
What’s facile is your entire premise—namely that nobody would ever notice or be informed of the presence of a GV on the field except by looking for it in the tower or being blasted by it as you spawn.

I don’t find GVs as action in any form. They’re a walking talking double-standard one-way street of gaminess.    I love dropping 1K-pound bombs on them and that’s about all the use for them I have.    Glad they help  fund the game at least.

Well at least we can agree that GV dar is good.  But the hypocrisy of saying "more action is good", then turning your nose up at some action right there on your field, is pretty breathtaking.

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #313 on: August 04, 2018, 01:05:10 PM »
Your definition of “action” is griefing spawning or landing airplanes.   Real sporting.  At least with a vulched field I know to up or land elsewhere.

So vulching a runway with an airplane is probably A-ok for you, but do it in a GV and it's "griefing."  Right.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #314 on: August 04, 2018, 01:05:16 PM »
Well at least we can agree that GV dar is good.  But the hypocrisy of saying "more action is good", then turning your nose up at some action right there on your field, is pretty breathtaking.

How much action am I gonna get landing with a damaged plane out of ammo or being blasted as I spawn?

Not much.

Glad we agree as well.   :cheers:
”KILLER V”
The Damned