Author Topic: End of Full Dar  (Read 19839 times)

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
Re: End of Full Dar
« Reply #135 on: August 07, 2018, 11:47:47 PM »
Odd, the strat was supplied by the time you landed?  Maybe just in my opinion?

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #136 on: August 07, 2018, 11:50:03 PM »

:aok

Offline Alpo

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
« Reply #137 on: August 08, 2018, 08:34:13 AM »

Yep... that is pretty standard for a long buff run as resupply works miracles, we've come to accept it.  M3s were already sitting outside of the factory waiting when we got there.  If they enjoyed themselves, I'm fine with that as we had a blast.  :aok

Factory was 100% when we arrived, 13% when we left, 100% when we landed.
SkyKnights Fighter Group -CO-
R.I.P.  SKDenny 02/03/1940 - 02/19/2012

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #138 on: August 08, 2018, 09:15:27 AM »
M3s were already sitting outside of the factory waiting when we got there.

It's pathetic, really. On so many levels.

Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #139 on: August 08, 2018, 09:33:20 AM »

Lol thank you.

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #140 on: August 08, 2018, 10:39:45 AM »

Seems to me that the counter-strategy worked.  Yay gaming.

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #141 on: August 08, 2018, 10:59:06 AM »

Oh, it absolutely works.  It is just kind of sad that the game is configured in such a way that when a strat is being attacked, Plan A is not to defend it but rather to resupply it because that is more effective.  Why prevent damage when you can repair it faster?  The most effective thing for people to do in defense is resupply, not defend the target.

I used to joke about the game having a Radar Operator position where you sit and stare at the radar screen and vector people to enemy contacts, and now by the sound of it that's about to become a reality.

I wonder if they're moving toward my idea to make this like minecraft where you need to mine the materials for your plane and build it before you can fly it.  Or maybe have "cook" and "mechanic" positions.  Click the pot to boil meat to feed the ground crew, or they die of starvation and you have no rearm or new planes from that base.  Right click on the nut to turn clockwise.

Hooray for menial repetitive tasks in gaming.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #142 on: August 08, 2018, 11:39:03 AM »
Oh, it absolutely works.  It is just kind of sad that the game is configured in such a way that when a strat is being attacked, Plan A is not to defend it but rather to resupply it because that is more effective.  Why prevent damage when you can repair it faster?  The most effective thing for people to do in defense is resupply, not defend the target.

I used to joke about the game having a Radar Operator position where you sit and stare at the radar screen and vector people to enemy contacts, and now by the sound of it that's about to become a reality.

I wonder if they're moving toward my idea to make this like minecraft where you need to mine the materials for your plane and build it before you can fly it.  Or maybe have "cook" and "mechanic" positions.  Click the pot to boil meat to feed the ground crew, or they die of starvation and you have no rearm or new planes from that base.  Right click on the nut to turn clockwise.

Hooray for menial repetitive tasks in gaming.

Wiley.

The following guiding principles have served me well:
If my goal is to bomb stuff, then I bomb stuff.
If my goal is to bomb stuff and draw a fight in the air, then I bomb an air field along a front.
If my goal is to bomb stuff strategically and not have it resupped, then I (or one of my homies) will take out supply ability in the area first.

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #143 on: August 08, 2018, 11:40:13 AM »

Is it a counter strategy though? It certainly is not countering an enemy force with another force (combat).

It really is a negation strategy. It merely undid the damage done.

Thankfully, there were at least some players who took to the sky to actually counter Alpo's bomber mission with their own fighters. Kudos to them and kudos to Alpo for embarking on the mission.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #144 on: August 08, 2018, 11:51:10 AM »
Is it a counter strategy though? It certainly is not countering an enemy force with another force (combat).

It really is a negation strategy. It merely undid the damage done.

Thankfully, there were at least some players who took to the sky to actually counter Alpo's bomber mission with their own fighters. Kudos to them and kudos to Alpo for embarking on the mission.

It's gaming theory.  Because, like, this is a game.  The "resupply" row or column in the matrix is dominating the "bomb the stuffing out of this place" row or column.  Hinder the dominance of the "resupply" row or column with proper strategy, and you can eliminate its entire row or column from the matrix so that it does not dominate.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #145 on: August 08, 2018, 11:57:12 AM »
It's gaming theory.  Because, like, this is a game.  The "resupply" row or column in the matrix is dominating the "bomb the stuffing out of this place" row or column.  Hinder the dominance of the "resupply" row or column with proper strategy, and you can eliminate its entire row or column from the matrix so that it does not dominate.

Yup.. and once upon a time it wasnt an option.  Numbers and fights going strong all day long. 

Today.. fights.  Sometimes.. numbers, not so much. 

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #146 on: August 08, 2018, 12:27:00 PM »
Strats are laid out by the player terrain builder. There are no rules against placing GV spawns to strats. There is guidance on where to put strats, nothing fixed in concrete. If you guys don't like how the current round of MA terrains have been configured by their creators, build terrains that in your superior opinions are better.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #147 on: August 08, 2018, 12:35:38 PM »
Strats are laid out by the player terrain builder. There are no rules against placing GV spawns to strats. There is guidance on where to put strats, nothing fixed in concrete. If you guys don't like how the current round of MA terrains have been configured by their creators, build terrains that in your superior opinions are better.

Im not entirely happy with some of the things going on here in the good ole USA either.. should i prepare a run for president before i share my opinion?

Let yourself out of the basement for a few hours.. lol.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #148 on: August 08, 2018, 12:46:48 PM »
Your opinions "assume" wanting Hitech to impose something on terrain builders instead of saying you wish Hitech would "impose what you want on terrain builders". Who elected you president of AH?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #149 on: August 08, 2018, 12:56:17 PM »
Your opinions "assume" wanting Hitech to impose something on terrain builders instead of saying you wish Hitech would "impose what you want on terrain builders". Who elected you president of AH?

Nevermind, not worth the time it takes to type the proper response.