Author Topic: End of Full Dar  (Read 19836 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: End of Full Dar
« Reply #345 on: August 16, 2018, 10:18:35 PM »
All they care about now is preserving the Furball and what ever interferes with that gets tweaked to the point it's not fun anymore....I feel your pain my brother...sadly HiTech hasn't
ROTFLMAO

Seriously dundee. I have not said much on your post but you really make me laugh a lot.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #346 on: August 16, 2018, 10:24:40 PM »
for someone who only flies ponies and rarely engaged when i played without full advantage you speak from a dark and very creepy corner....

When did you play?   I think you’re suffering from selective memory syndrome.  In any event, I no longer fly a Mustang at 100% fuel which has made me ten times better and more aggressive—it doesn’t turn like the Titanic now. 

You never ran troops,  you never resupped a base,  town or strats, I never saw you in buffs or a tank. 

Those things bore me to tears.  Thankfully in my squadron others enjoyed those things leaving me to fly fighters.

Yet,  i always respected your ability ina fighter bird.  I havent missed the point,  you kust want a DA experience in the MA whenever you log in.  At the end of the day I dont play, you do.

I hate the DA.  I go there because it’s a way to practice for the MA...

The dynamics of the two simply cannot be compared.   I like the randomness and chance of the MA, dealing with different situations, etc.   DA is practice.  MA is the big game.  Everyone knows this. 

Kind regards.  I appreciate the compliment.   :salute
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #347 on: August 16, 2018, 10:32:43 PM »
If what you are saying is true then these folks can save themselves a lot of money and trouble by bombing undefended targets in offline mode.

It's folks with attitude  like that are actually killing this game you know that.............

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #348 on: August 16, 2018, 10:33:56 PM »

It's folks with attitude  like that are actually killing this game you know that.............

It’s not an attitude, it’s an observation.   If people want to avoid combat there are better ways to do that than playing in a combat game.

I think at this point HTC is going to have to decide on what there game is going to be and then go with it. Stumbling on as it is now is slowly killing the game. If its going to be a combat game set it up where people are forced into combat. If it is going to be an arcade game with zero basis in WWII, then make it so.

When I started playing this game it was an open concept, but we had an arena full of like minded players. We all wanted to pretend to be in WWII. Now WWII is so far from most peoples minds in this game it isnt funny.

Decide what you want the game to be and get it over with. Enough flopping around in the middle of the road.

This statement sums up the situation pretty darned well.   Straddling the line means you get hit from both directions.   :salute
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 11:01:03 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #349 on: August 16, 2018, 11:15:08 PM »
It's not an attitude, it's an observation.   If people want to avoid combat there are better ways to do that than playing in a combat game.

It's their dime and their dance floor.....and you should respect that and not belittle people because they don't want to play your style of game. Tone it down a little because your driving folks away...with that kind of talk. I know your most probably one of the most skilled fighter jocks in the aerial game. But then again, you wouldn't stand a chance in a tank so I guess it's a wash any way you look at it...you'd have no problems killing me in an aircraft.....and I'd clean your clock in a tank hands down. The take away....don't belittle folk because they don't do what you do....because there are folks way better than you doing what they are good at. <S>

[quote This statement sums up the situation pretty darned well.   Straddling the line means you get hit from both directions.   :salute
[/quote]
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 11:17:03 PM by Dundee »

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #350 on: August 16, 2018, 11:25:52 PM »
When did you play?   I think you’re suffering from selective memory syndrome.  In any event, I no longer fly a Mustang at 100% fuel which has made me ten times better and more aggressive—it doesn’t turn like the Titanic now. 

Those things bore me to tears.  Thankfully in my squadron others enjoyed those things leaving me to fly fighters.

I hate the DA.  I go there because it’s a way to practice for the MA...

The dynamics of the two simply cannot be compared.   I like the randomness and chance of the MA, dealing with different situations, etc.   DA is practice.  MA is the big game.  Everyone knows this. 

Kind regards.  I appreciate the compliment.   :salute
V you and I have played together for a few years now.  We used to fly under Sfox's command.  You asked me to join your squad towards the end of my run in AH. .. You mean you dont remember your good buddy finetime? I even told you who i was just 3 months ago on bbs in the game.  In one ear oit there other? Oops there goes this ip and bbs account...  Until next time gents :salute :rock

« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 11:28:50 PM by mERv »
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #351 on: August 16, 2018, 11:29:01 PM »
It's their dime and their dance floor.....and you should respect that and not belittle people because they don't want to play your style of game. Tone it down a little because your driving folks away...with that kind of talk.

You greatly overestimate my impact on anyone, especially the 99.5% of players who never visit this forum. 

I know your most probably one of the most skilled fighter jocks in the aerial game. But then again, you wouldn't stand a chance in a tank so I guess it's a wash any way you look at it...you'd have no problems killing me in an aircraft.....and I'd clean your clock in a tank hands down. The take away....don't belittle folk because they don't do what you do....because there are folks way better than you doing what they are good at. <S>

You also overestimate my skill.

I don’t care what GVers do.   I don’t interact with them except during base takes or defense when we help one another out.    Game balance for GV to GV combat is outside my wheelhouse so I defer to you guys on that. 

Plane drivers are another matter altogether.  They are going to extreme lengths to avoid combat.  They want to be invisible to airplanes like GVs are.  It’s a bizarre position to take in a(n) (air) combat game.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 12:04:12 AM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #352 on: August 16, 2018, 11:29:52 PM »
V you and I have played together for a few years now.  We used to fly under Sfox's command.  You asked me to join your squad towards the end of my run in AH. .. You mean you dont remember your good buddy finetime? I even told you who i was just 3 months ago on bbs in the game.  In one ear oit there other? Oops there goes this ip and bbs account...  Until next time gents :salute :rock

Ah, yes, my old buddy.  Good to see you FT.   :salute

You would also know I did not always engage with full advantage.   How many times did I successfully CAP a field on the deck for a take outnumbered 3:1?   Plenty.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 12:06:41 AM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #353 on: August 17, 2018, 12:14:23 AM »
Ah, yes, my old buddy.  Good to see you FT.   :salute
GUYS...I hate to beat a dead horse..so lets call it-Checking to see if hes really dead :uhoh The glaring of the obvious...is there but its like we all have blinders on. It stops peripheral vision and forces us to stare straight forward, without seeing the VALIDITY TO BOTH SIDE'S points. I also came for the AIR...but not sure i would have stuck around..WITHOUT the GVs(wirb especially). Frustration with the learning curve would have really gotten unsustainable.  Being able to up a WIRB for some PayBack, kept me around long enough for me to work on my AIR skills. I for the life of me dont understand why both sides just drop the arguments and AT LEAST try out the other side of the AH coin :uhoh Sure its not what you prefer...but Going Attack/bomb**** keeps me in a Fighter enough to trip over some GREAT AIR ACTION. Have you even thought about adding to your REPERTOIRE by adding GV killing. Its almost as hard as learning the ACM stuff imo. Make it tough...use the SMALLEST possible bomb available. I have killed Tigers 1 and 2 with Spit 16's bombs, have to put it on their head though...that takes just as much practice and skill building as the ACM. I honestly believe that if you fighter only guys would try it out...you will experience what I do. You would be in the hot spot for a fact and the AIR will make its appearance! That way you are doing something COMBAT while you wait. :uhoh Now you will be at a disadvantage, as you are limited in your E department. So IMO a solid K/D in this style is nothing to sneeze at. It might even improve your ACM stuff for when you find what you want. We are a Family Guys, sure siblings quarrel...I just dont want to see HT pull this bus over and whoop our collective arses. So every once in a while, would it really hurt you to let one of your other brothers pick the Song on this road trip? B-I-N-G-O gets VERY OLD QUICKLY  :pray
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 12:33:48 AM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #354 on: August 17, 2018, 12:23:02 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 05:58:42 AM by Skuzzy »
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #355 on: August 17, 2018, 01:06:31 AM »
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 05:59:23 AM by Skuzzy »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #356 on: August 17, 2018, 01:14:12 AM »
Personal attacks add nothing to the debate.  Both of you should consider backing off IMO

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #357 on: August 17, 2018, 01:15:17 AM »
Personal attacks add nothing to the debate.  Both of you should consider backing off IMO

I’m not attacking him at all.  It’s all good natured ribbing and he knows it—or should.  He can attack me all he likes (I have no idea where it is coming from so will just let it slide—maybe I’m being punk’d). :cool:

To address the larger point...   I wish I had the answer.   Hitech is working on it.  Hopefully the feedback here by all involved has been helpful to him on some level and he winds up with something that resolves a few of the gameplay issues raised.

A little good faith and encouragement is in order I think. 

I for the life of me dont understand why both sides just drop the arguments and AT LEAST try out the other side of the AH coin :uhoh Sure its not what you prefer...but Going Attack/bomb**** keeps me in a Fighter enough to trip over some GREAT AIR ACTION. Have you even thought about adding to your REPERTOIRE by adding GV killing. Its almost as hard as learning the ACM stuff imo. Make it tough...use the SMALLEST possible bomb available.

It’s a little hard to kill something you can’t see or find.   I am CAPABLE of bombing GVs but they’re harder to find than ghost air cons so I don’t bother very often.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 02:19:04 AM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #358 on: August 17, 2018, 05:34:32 AM »

Fess has one foot that is bigger than the other...  annnnnd he smells of elderberries.

:neener:
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #359 on: August 17, 2018, 09:20:12 AM »
This game in terms of subscriptions cannot survive forcing customers to do what they do not see as a good risk\reward for them selves. They will find another game like the average Joe customers did after NOE was severely curtailed nine years ago to "force" them to fight I suppose the small numbers of air combat only fans. For eight years up to 2009 Hitech allowed the game to evolve away from an "air combat only" game becasue that is not a growth industry for a simulation like this to stay solvent. As the last nine years have shown, hoards of air combat only freaks didn't fill in the numbers as the average Joe customers left the game. And many of the resident air combat only players left with the average Joes becasue none of them really want to spend all their time fighting other sharks. They wanted occasional run in's with them while harvesting the clueless Joes claiming ch200 bragging rights. When there were hundreds of skill less average Joes there was constant action and target rich environments.

Today our average Joes have been conditioned to be super avoiders, becasue doing anything that shows up on radar, ends up with a small hoard of people stomping them for their trouble. It amazes me we have a core membership of average Joes still paying Hitech for the privilege of getting their teeth kicked in. They don't want to be ACM nuts, they don't want to be panzer generals, and they don't want to do more than than spend a few hours pushing a button. But, they pay Hitech $14.95 to keep the doors open.

NOE (200ft minimum) up till nine years ago grew the population of average Joes becasue they could accomplish something meaningful to their level of skill and risk tolerance. Once NOE was taken away, look at how all the grand missions dried up for all those large missions squads. There were more average Joes than ACM fans logging in for the missions and they were growing this game with their numbers.

This game like it or not in the MA is capture the flag using toys land\sea\air. It evolved that way becasue of who was paying money to play it up to 2009. Today, the MA is mostly stalled field captures with bored customers getting picked by air combat greifers. How many average Joe customers really believe they will capture a field opposed to they are going to another location to fail? Give them back NOE and let the average paying customer feel good about himself and this game again. We have had the last 9 years of "what" to make them feel good about themselves for their $14.95? The resident gurus of ACM telling them constantly they suck, are cowards, and are killing this game by avoiding combat with real Aces High men? When they had NOE for 8 years until 2009, they were willing to take their chances every day becasue there was also the chance they would achieve their objective. Today, even flying in a group at 30k gets you killed by the ACM sharks. What is the point if that is all you can expect for your $14.95?

Well said Bustr, I think  you may have hit the nail on the head.  :rock
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76