Author Topic: Old range channel  (Read 3103 times)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Old range channel
« on: August 06, 2018, 01:13:37 PM »
I'd like the old channel 3 range back. You used to be able to find an quiet O'Club to talk to somebody alone, yea... you could do it privately, or just find a quiet room to get away from the noise when not flying.
Also relating to KOTH, it changed the event dramatically as you can not not discuss fights in the tower and keep them from people still fighting, taking away the self-policing aspect of the event.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline BOBO

• Copper Member
Re: Old range channel
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 03:54:24 PM »
Why not just separate the O Club from the rest of the base as far as range channel is concerned?

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 02:49:43 PM »
1] its my wish   :D
2] If HTC made a change from a [ as far as I know a completely functional part of the game ] changing it back would seem to me to be easier than making what seems to be a new O'Club.

Then again I got no knowledge of the code involved.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 03:51:13 PM »
Why not just separate the O Club from the rest of the base as far as range channel is concerned?

This is the bets option.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline BOBO

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2018, 10:22:12 AM »
This is the bets option.

Actually the bets option is to put $15 on green once a month. I thought everyone was already doing this.  :neener:

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2018, 10:23:12 AM »
Under the 30 day limit  :lol
The new room/range channel hurts KOTH and I wish it was back the old way or at least a setting change to limit tower conversations TO the tower. A pilot 10 miles from the tower shouldn't hear the controller fart. Well if it was loud enough I guess they might :x 

But seriously, this really hurts the 'self-policing' aspect of KOTH and the overall atmosphere of the event itself, in my opinion.

Back for another wish after the end of next months KOTHs.   :t

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2018, 12:02:57 PM »
+1  dont even have to change the whole thing back  just give CM's the power to switch it in SEA.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2018, 12:05:53 PM »
I thought i remember seeing the old range ch still available on the dropdown menu on the buffer?

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2018, 12:08:11 PM »
It is still there.. you would have to instruct folks to tune to it.  The new range works well in siutations other than KOTH.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2018, 12:31:13 PM »
It is still there.. you would have to instruct folks to tune to it.  The new range works well in siutations other than KOTH.

You mean "7 Range"?

If os, that's not the old range channel, that's just the ability to write text in the range channel, which was added some time ago.
There is no 'old range' in the V box dropdown that I can see  :headscratch:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2018, 12:33:09 PM »
You mean "7 Range"?

If os, that's not the old range channel, that's just the ability to write text in the range channel, which was added some time ago.
There is no 'old range' in the V box dropdown that I can see  :headscratch:

True.. i forgot there is no dropdown for that line of voice comms, text only is where its available.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2018, 12:36:58 PM »
ok can someone tell me what 7 range is supposed to be used for and how it works?
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2018, 06:30:03 PM »
ok can someone tell me what 7 range is supposed to be used for and how it works?

Same as local vox, but with text
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2018, 08:40:37 PM »
I'd like the old channel 3 range back. You used to be able to find an quiet O'Club to talk to somebody alone, yea... you could do it privately, or just find a quiet room to get away from the noise when not flying.
Also relating to KOTH, it changed the event dramatically as you can not not discuss fights in the tower and keep them from people still fighting, taking away the self-policing aspect of the event.

Putting up the KOTH Reminders reminded me of this again     :aok

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2018, 09:27:04 PM »
Yes, this is needed seriously though!

I find it disappointedly to be a problem in KOTH, FSO and Scenarios

To much "NOISE" from others taking off from the same field but are or have different objectives and orders to different locations for the scenarios and FSO

And has put a hamper on the KOTH event for both the KOTH CM's and KOTH participants

Please find a way to at least let the CMs toggle an "Arena Setting"

~S~

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC