Author Topic: Lt. Glenn W. Loucks - P-51D "Bloody Rebel!" (5E-S) - 364th FG 385th FS - Ver 2  (Read 841 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
So we have gone around and around on this one in another thread regarding the stripes.  Details here (I typoed the fuselage code in the original title--oops):

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,394126.msg5229024.html#msg5229024

This version has the shorter fuselage stripes and I guess we will go with that.  It's purely a guess as we have no pictures of the area in question.

____

P-51D-5-NA, s/n 44-13962
"Bloody Rebel!" - 5E-S
Lt. Jack O. Eubanks / Lt. Glenn W. Loucks
364th Fighter Group, 385th Fighter Squadron

This is the P-51D-5-NA assigned to Lt. Jack O. Eubanks of the 385th Fighter Squadron 364th FG, S/N 44-13962 Coded 5E-S.  (He scored at least one confirmed victory in this aircraft, an Me-109 on 15 August 1944.)  Named “Bloody Rebel!” this Mustang was lost on 28 September 1944 when Lt. Glenn W Loucks was killed in action over Germany, just nine days after joining the squadron at the age of 27.

2nd Lt Glenn W. Loucks entered the Air Force as an Air Cadet in February 1943 from Wyckoff, Bergen County, New Jersey. He attended Ramsey High School in Ramsey, New Jersey.

Statement from Willard G. Erfkamp 2nd Lt., Air Corps:

"Lt. Loucks was flying #4 Position in Yellow Flight, I was #3 man. When we sighted the FW 190's attacking the bombers, we dropped our tanks and went into the fight. I saw Lt. Loucks drop his tanks end checked again to see that he was with me when we were on our way in to attack. After the first pass [on] a FW 190, I looked around for him but he wasn't there. I never saw him again. After the fight I heard him call in and report that he was at 5,000 feet on a heading of due west with a dead engine. He said he was going to ride it a little further and then get out. He was not heard on the radio after that." - MACR 9246

He was buried at the American War Cemetery Margraten.

https://www.fieldsofhonor-database.com/index.php/en/american-war-cemetery-margraten-l/45251-loucks-glenn-w

——

Originally skinned by Fencer I have redrawn the entire aircraft except for the female nose art figure.  I preserved her likeness (with some minor cleanup and resizing) as a tribute to Fencer's work.

Fencer's Original

« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 04:23:15 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)