Author Topic: Testing  (Read 972 times)

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
Testing
« on: August 16, 2018, 11:58:48 PM »
I know we tested the m3 without troops for awhile.. Any chance there would be a test without supplies in the future? Asking for a friend...

Offline pallero

• Copper Member
Re: Testing
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 12:09:23 AM »
Why?

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2018, 12:22:28 AM »
Why was it added in the first place?

Have you ever had bad ideas on things, and later realized it was stupid and corrected it?   :D
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 12:24:42 AM by Lazerr »

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2018, 12:27:04 AM »
As in slowing down the Resupply? That would be ok...but I think the solution that would work better...you pretty much said as much in another post...Change Hardness levels for some Base/Town structures. If it wasnt so easy for 1 fighter to deack a field or kill hangers along with retarding the One Bomber formation from white flagging in 1 pass...the RESUP wouldnt be NEAR as necessary. You would have THE TIME to lift from a rear base and get there in time to defend. Might even get more folk involved in these Takes/Defenses situations. Thats the only thing I see, that would possibly work to "FORCE" contact/fights...just my thinking :cheers: Plus...it would be a simple setting change in Arena Flags..HT wouldnt have to come up with new programming..may not even need to put it in a "Patch". Win win It also would stifle the "HT only cares about one side ect etc" It can be done in a way that doesnt leave such an impression of HT taking sides of "Vocal Minority" chit. It doesnt NERF any one side, defenders OR Attackers the way I see it :cheers:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2018, 12:30:03 AM »
Why was HQ ever added in the first place? At a time when shade players were using 2nd accounts to spy on other countries just to derail missions and grief it was then after nothing was done about this style of play that a certain group of players all but brought this game down to its knees over and over and over again until somethi g had to be done about it. 

Thats when hq was modified to its current state and gv dar came after. HQ system was a great but failed idea that showed just how perfect the game balance was until it became a necessary target to draw attention to the real problem in the game. 

Resupply used to mean something until strats became so difficult and meaningless to attack that unless your on certain maps have fun spending an hour actually doing something outside of the horde withoit it immediately popping right back up. 

I understand bustr's concept on the new maps that only large forces should be able to inflience such key assets that affect the game but the two elements that were not accounted for were lack of numbers and the shear number of defenders that defend against such missions.... And score!

Every action to "make the game fair for all" has backfired to such a degree that it promotes the horde which imho kills gameplay for all parties involved. 
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 12:35:23 AM by mERv »
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2018, 12:33:11 AM »
Why was HQ ever added in the first place? At a time when shade players were using 2nd accounts to spy on other countries just to derail missions and grief it was then after nothing was done about this style of play that a certain group of players all but brought this game down to its knees over and over and over again until somethi g had to be done about it. 

Thats when hq was modified to its current state and gv dar came after. HQ system was a great but failed idea that showed just how perfect the game balance was until it became a necessary target to draw attention to the real problem in the game. 

Resupply used to mean something until strats became so difficult and meaningless to attack that unless your on certain maps have fun spending an hour actually doing something outside of the horde withoit it immediately popping right back up.

I dont think HQ discussion was brought up here, are you in the right thread?

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2018, 12:36:25 AM »
Hit the strats=reduce effectiveness of m3 resups .. That's why I cursed the 49ers so much.. (in a friendly way) .. you won't find allot of dedicated m3 drivers (except me) willing to put the time into resupping strats and town plus being very few it will take plenty of time for you to take base
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 12:38:45 AM by scott66 »
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2018, 12:37:31 AM »
I dont think HQ discussion was brought up here, are you in the right thread?
laying a foundation to my point in regards to resup.  Sometimes have to write short clips due to connection issues or i lose the post when i send it through.
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2018, 12:38:24 AM »
Hit the strats=reduce effectiveness of m3 resups .. That's why I cursed the 49ers so much.. (in a friendly way) ..
ya but due to all the changes without any real solutions to the real problems the 49ers are gone now never to return.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2018, 12:40:56 AM »
Hit the strats=reduce effectiveness of m3 resups .. That's why I cursed the 49ers so much.. (in a friendly way) .. you won't find allot of dedicated m3 drivers (except me) willing to put the time into resupping strats and town plus being very few it will take plenty of time for you to take base

You been reading the stories of strats being resupped before the guys hitting them can land? Kind of like pissing in the wind scotty.

So basically, they spend and hour plus to hit a strat, and cant enjoy the fruits of their labor.

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2018, 12:41:48 AM »
As in slowing down the Resupply? That would be ok...but I think the solution that would work better...you pretty much said as much in another post...Change Hardness levels for some Base/Town structures. If it wasnt so easy for 1 fighter to deack a field or kill hangers along with retarding the One Bomber formation from white flagging in 1 pass...the RESUP wouldnt be NEAR as necessary. You would have THE TIME to lift from a rear base and get there in time to defend. Might even get more folk involved in these Takes/Defenses situations. Thats the only thing I see, that would possibly work to "FORCE" contact/fights...just my thinking :cheers: Plus...it would be a simple setting change in Arena Flags..HT wouldnt have to come up with new programming..may not even need to put it in a "Patch". Win win It also would stifle the "HT only cares about one side ect etc" It can be done in a way that doesnt leave such an impression of HT taking sides of "Vocal Minority" chit. It doesnt NERF any one side, defenders OR Attackers the way I see it :cheers:
Used to be you had to make 4 legitimate  passes on town in order to wf/deack it in 1 set of lancs.  Now it only takes 3.... Who needs a fighter to deack it?

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2018, 12:42:44 AM »
You been reading the stories of strats being resupped before the guys hitting them can land? Kind of like pissing in the wind scotty.

So basically, they spend and hour plus to hit a strat, and cant enjoy the fruits of their labor.
That is one of the saddest aspects of todays aces high. 

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2018, 12:44:01 AM »

I understand bustr's concept on the new maps that only large forces should be able to inflience such key assets that affect the game but the two elements that were not accounted for were lack of numbers and the shear number of defenders that defend against such missions.... And score!

Every action to "make the game fair for all" has backfired to such a degree that it promotes the horde which imho kills gameplay for all parties involved.
BUT..For the Fighter guys..wouldnt it solve their "cant find a fight" problem? Make it so that even just a horde would be in jeopardy unless they were disciplined and on task? I am not talking about the HQ Super Natural Hardness...just enough to allow a MODICUM of hope in a defense while also supporting the TEAM PLAY asspect 
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2018, 12:53:20 AM »
Used to be you had to make 4 legitimate  passes on town in order to wf/deack it in 1 set of lancs.  Now it only takes 3.... Who needs a fighter to deack it?
True some guys can do this...I know for a FACT YOU CAN. Saw it TOO many times! Immelman a Lanc and STILL KILL ME :furious I am talking harden the TOWN building and Auto Guns...JUST enough to give other than M3 support a chance in a defense. Yes..changing Town layouts would help too. My  line of thinking is..Just hardening the layout as we have  now would be easier than writing NEW Code? Its already programmed in, for this, just a simple Arena Flag change :uhoh PLUS...if one plane wasnt enough to kill a hanger, but took 2....Thats one moreRED in a location.. Makes it like Chumming Sharks for some. 2 bomber formations for WF..and ack being harder to kill, would almost REQUIRE a Jabo support system= more reds in the air, for the NON win da war guys. Yes..that might hurt you a bit, as I know you took pride in being able to do it by yourself..but I believe it could bring back the Missions and Team Work :aok
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 01:01:05 AM by 1stpar3 »

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2018, 12:55:29 AM »
True some guys can do this...I know for a FACT YOU CAN. Saw it TOO many times! Immelman a Lanc and STILL KILL ME :furious I am talking harden the TOWN building and Auto Guns...JUST enough to give other than M3 support a chance in a defense. Yes..changing Town layouts would help too. My  line of thinking is..Just hardening the layout as we have  now would be easier than writing NEW Code? Its already programmed in, for this, just a simple Arena Flag change :uhoh

No, because folks will already be on the way with supps when the town is hit.. be it 10% down or 90% down