Author Topic: Instead of locking planes with ENY, they should be unlocked by points  (Read 5941 times)

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
Re: Instead of locking planes with ENY, they should be unlocked by points
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2018, 05:45:30 PM »
The only people who whine about ENY are not capable of getting kills in planes that require skill to fly. -100

What a beautifully constructed argument.  You know debating a point also requires some skills,  go on, try it.

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2018, 06:12:18 PM »
Right now on arena ENY penalizes people because there are 20 on a side, and other side is 8....... so people should log out and not play so remaining 5 can fly the top planes?  :headscratch:

No, people should change countries. The problem is 6 hours before you can switch again. That is the only thing that keeps me from switching usually.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2018, 08:12:02 PM »
No, people should change countries. The problem is 6 hours before you can switch again. That is the only thing that keeps me from switching usually.

that's correct.  then what if you change and the fights fizzle quickly and you changed to side b and now side a and b having a raging 3 hr fight.  you are stuck twiddling your thumbs. I have more luck logging.  now again if it was a two country war there would be no need for the side switch time as it set up now

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2018, 08:20:52 PM »
What a beautifully constructed argument.  You know debating a point also requires some skills,  go on, try it.

So, just out of curiosity, what plane is it that you insist on flying?

AH has all of these different planes.  People constantly demand new planes.  And yet, it seems that many people refuse to get out of their favorite rides.

There's a whole world out there, just waiting to be discovered.

- oldman

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2018, 08:43:59 PM »
I prefer the P51D.  I get a lot of fun out of it although I have started to mess about in P38s.

The key here though is the fun I get from the 51D simply is not there for me in the other planes.  That is my choice and on occasion if that choice is removed as an option I log out rather than fly other planes.

Worth noting as well that I get to fly maybe 2 sessions a month due to other commitments.  Not being able to choose my ride hurts even more because I look forward to the session when I fly home

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2018, 09:38:14 PM »
Well you could always change sides if your low ENY plane is locked out.  :old:
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2018, 09:59:38 PM »
Let me refer you to the other posts in the thread that tell us if you do that you often get stuck on the other side for hours.

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2018, 01:38:19 AM »
I am in favour of shorter switch timers. 1 hour maybe 1.5 hours.

I have no opinion on the other points..
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2018, 11:37:07 AM »
Let me refer you to the other posts in the thread that tell us if you do that you often get stuck on the other side for hours.

Yep. 

High ENY and a player imbalance encourages side switching.  The consequences of the six hour timer discourages switching, leaving the alternatives of putting up with the horde groupie/horde victim scenario or logging off. 

A one hour switch timer should be more than enough to prevent any shenanigans, since we all know players don't already use second and/or third accounts for ill-gotten gains.   
If you believe that, then there is no reason to believe people not spending an extra $15 or $30 per month would do so either.  Consider the "spiez" excuse for long switch times officially blown to bits.

"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2018, 11:43:12 AM »
Yep. 

High ENY and a player imbalance encourages side switching.  The consequences of the six hour timer discourages switching, leaving the alternatives of putting up with the horde groupie/horde victim scenario or logging off. 

A one hour switch timer should be more than enough to prevent any shenanigans, since we all know players don't already use second and/or third accounts for ill-gotten gains.   
If you believe that, then there is no reason to believe people not spending an extra $15 or $30 per month would do so either.  Consider the "spiez" excuse for long switch times officially blown to bits.

Which has nothing to do with HT's reasons for doing it.  Here's a thread where he talked a bit about it.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,383603.msg5115414.html#msg5115414

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2018, 05:49:02 PM »
Which has nothing to do with HT's reasons for doing it.  Here's a thread where he talked a bit about it.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,383603.msg5115414.html#msg5115414

Wiley.
Point 1..To encourage SWAPPING SIDES....Yes eny has its purposes..the 6 hour swap limit voids point 1 out. As is now, ENY only HELPS OR HURTS those players who refuse to swap countries or refuse to stop BASHING those that would change countries.  :uhoh
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2018, 01:02:50 AM »
Hitech, Skuzzy, and other players, would you guys agree to test this for a week or two.... ?

1) Drop the ENY lock

2) Perk the top rides

3) Make 2 sides

Just test it and let's see...... if it will impact negatively the game, just change it back.
You cannot lose anything on the test, you can only gain.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 01:06:33 AM by nugetx »

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2018, 06:41:58 PM »
Hitech, Skuzzy, and other players, would you guys agree to test this for a week or two.... ?

1) Drop the ENY lock

2) Perk the top rides

3) Make 2 sides

Just test it and let's see...... if it will impact negatively the game, just change it back.
You cannot lose anything on the test, you can only gain.

1)  ENY is there for a reason.  Hitech remembers why he put ENY in the game, so he will not take it out because he know that it WILL negatively impact the game.  I hate ENY, but I understand why it is here and why it needs to stay.

2)  No more perk planes.  One of the things that makes this game great is that I don't have to earn a bunch of points to fly the plane I want to fly. All you have to do is look at other games that use such an advancement system to see why it should not be done here.

3)  2 sides has been tried, and it didn't work very well. History shows that 3 sides works best in the Melee arena.  Hitech doesn't have to try it, because he already has.

You keep trying to make this game something it isn't and shouldn't be.  Everything you have suggested has been considered and rejected, or already been tried.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2018, 06:48:30 PM »
It only impacts a player who has chosen to be impacted by it.

It's still annoying. 

”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2018, 06:50:41 PM »
I give it a +1

The current system shuts the ENY affected plane out of the game and by extension affects people who like to fly that particular plane.

You can state the premise that they choose to be affected however it is not a choice, it has been imposed.  They can choose to fly another plane or to go do something else.  I can say at times I have chosen to log out and go do other things.

Had I been able to ‘buy’ the ride I would have stayed in game.

There is of course a balance to be had as the impact of people buying late war rides may be worse for the game than the odd person logging out.

Same here.  I log most of the time.  This seems to be a counter productive consequence. 

Something needs tweaking.   
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)