Author Topic: What will it take? (for HT)  (Read 19100 times)

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
What will it take? (for HT)
« on: August 23, 2018, 03:07:53 PM »
HT, what will it take for you to catch up with the competition, get your game advertised and known around the net and fill the arenas again?

Do you need a collective money injection from the community? Do you need a successful kickstarter/indigogo?

There has to be something we (the community) can do other then go around in circles and circles coming up with no real ideas.

ATM I cant honestly recommend this game to anyone because the action is just soo scarce when last I played.

You know your situation best! Tell us how we can really help! There has to be something...

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: What will it take? (for HT)
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 03:18:03 PM »
I once knew a store that was so busy people said don't go there as you have to wait too long. It went out of business because of word-of-mouth.

No advertisement beats actual word-of-mouth.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 03:23:42 PM »
Make a different, F2P game?

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2018, 03:32:01 PM »
About all players can do is try attract friends and people from other internet sights.

In the next few weeks I'll be running a test week of adds on the Hero Channel. If that shows a positive ROI things will start coming back.

Also I think a populated match play arena would help.

HiTech

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2018, 03:40:10 PM »
About all players can do is try attract friends and people from other internet sights.

In the next few weeks I'll be running a test week of adds on the Hero Channel. If that shows a positive ROI things will start coming back.

HiTech

Hopefully I will be back on this weekend. I have no friends so I will draw my enemies.  :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2018, 03:53:21 PM »

HiTech
AMERICAN HERO CHANNEL? That's the new military channel correct?
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline toddbobe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2018, 04:35:35 PM »

HiTech
GREAT NEWS!!! If there is anything I can do to help these new players coming in please consider me taking one giant step forward.
Todd

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2018, 04:43:12 PM »
Hopefully I will be back on this weekend. I have no friends so I will draw my enemies.  :D

Heya Shuf, did you get your CH products hotas setup remapped/running yet?

If not would you like for me to send you my AH .jsm files?

I use a CH fighterstick, Pro throttle and a set of the first original CH rudder pedals (not the Pro rudder pedals)....i got these pedals in 1993 and have never had to do anything to them except buy a gameport-to-usb adapter

I never could get used to using my Pro rudder pedals or my thrustmaster rudder pedals or Satiek rudder pedals....

Let me know if I can help.... I can send them from my Windows 7 Ultimate or Windows 8.1 Pro.... I might possibly have a backup copy from where I had AH installed on my Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB version, but am not sure if I saved those files to my home server or not......  But I've been using the same mappings since win98se....

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2018, 04:46:11 PM »
AMERICAN HERO CHANNEL? That's the new military channel correct?

No that's the "AHC" channel

The History channel series picked up the "Military channel" and is now called "The History's Military channel"

Hope this helps

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2018, 04:58:21 PM »

No that's the "AHC" channel

The History channel series picked up the "Military channel" and is now called "The History's Military channel"

Hope this helps

TC

This is also incorrect. Military Channel used to be Discovery Wings and is therefore owned by Discovery. Military Channel became American Heroes Channel. The old H2 (formerly History International) is now Viceland. Military History Channel is A&E's competitor to AHC and was not known by any former names. Sadly, MHC is quite difficult to get. My provider charges an extra $30 for a package that includes it. Of all of these, Military History, Smithsonian, and AHC are the best for history buffs like us. Of the three, the most WWII can be found on AHC.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2018, 05:17:14 PM »
I was just trying to show them as how they show up in the guide on my service

I miss the old "Wings" channel

But I do get AHC, History's Military channel and 2 or 3 different Smithsonian channels....Love them all and Discovery's group of channels has some decent programs at times

As far as incorrect or correct, not sure what was incorrect in my previous post.... I didn't think I needed to post the entire history of when and where all the channels/providers and Channel name changes had taken place..... My apologies

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2018, 05:52:37 PM »

HiTech

That is the problem, most new players will find an almost empty arena and thus they quickly move on to another game.. But hopefully it can attract some players at least.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Medic18

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2018, 05:59:59 PM »
sweetheartbags is what have killed this game. And if you take offense to the term.......then you are what's killed it.

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2018, 06:10:21 PM »
I was just trying to show them as how they show up in the guide on my service

I miss the old "Wings" channel

But I do get AHC, History's Military channel and 2 or 3 different Smithsonian channels....Love them all and Discovery's group of channels has some decent programs at times

As far as incorrect or correct, not sure what was incorrect in my previous post.... I didn't think I needed to post the entire history of when and where all the channels/providers and Channel name changes had taken place..... My apologies

I did not mean to offend. I hate A&E and History Channel, so I wanted to make sure they were not getting credit for AHC, lol.  :cheers:

C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2018, 06:32:18 PM »

HiTech

Thanks for sharing that. Let the community know when the ads launch so we'll be ready to assist with questions from new players.